Dems..Please confirm this....

Friedgen is carrying a little baggage... around the waist.

Which reminds me of the old deadspin joke:

Human body types:

small
medium
large
Friedgen
Mangino

But in all seriousness I just don't see the old ball coach coming down here since his academic complaints episode at SC, SC is not GT hell it isn't even Clemson.

I'm taking this a giveaway....
Also on espn.com's rumor central. I think we can pretty much assume that Edsall is the unidentified candidate.

"Georgia Tech is focusing in on three candidates: Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Rick Neuheisel, Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and one unidentified candidate. East Carolina head coach Skip Holtz, apparently, is no longer under consideration. "

Hmmm......I dont know much about this Neuheisel guy. Could be interesting I guess.

Jim Donnan? Well, nothing surprises me now, if we are

Never say never
considering ex-dogs like Muschamp.

Is Jim Donnan that mystery man? He certainly coached Troy Aikman back in the 80's at Oklahoma.
The only other 2 coaches that I can think of with the Troy Aikman connection are Barry Switzer and Terry Donahue...I don't know who out of those 3 are considered east of the Miss.
Im guessing Donnan....

Guys this is a BIG TIME job. Many coaches are wanting it and inquiring about it. I suggest get all the facts straight and research them until you have an opinion about them.

Guys this is a BIG TIME job. Many coaches are wanting it and inquiring about it. I suggest get all the facts straight and research them until you have an opinion about them.

I agree. We are in the ACC, not as hard of a schedule as the sec. We recruit ga, fla, and sc very good. The city of Atlanta has more recruits than the state of sc as a matter of fact. A friend whose dad is a coach at usc even refferred to the job as a "gold mine"

I'm still thinking over the whole Neuheisel thing, and I definitely haven't formulated an opinion yet... even so, it is kind of cool that Jimmy Buffett brought him up on stage and had him play the guitar part for Margaritaville...

We have turned away some big names already that have inquired. ACC and SEC coaches have contacted GT.

Guys I just went to the hive for a second and I just want to say that stingtalk is by far and away the best source for GT gossip. They're still over there talking about Tech hiring Paul Johnson and UGAggers being afraid of him.

demjackets is like our own Dennis Dixon...without him this place would be the same as all the others.

you're not giving F%^# Barrelofrum or p@$%y mother %@$%@$ d%$ pepperdine student.

We have at least three unique characters here. And we have Kyle who posts more per minute than the hyper sensitive mods can delete in an hour over there.

Also on espn.com's rumor central. I think we can pretty much assume that Edsall is the unidentified candidate.

"Georgia Tech is focusing in on three candidates: Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Rick Neuheisel, "

I have no desire for that sleeze. If we got probation for the piddly academic progress tracking problems, we'll certainly get the death penalty with this guy.

Not to mention the Ravens offense has got worse since he got there --- if that was possible.

NO THANKS

I'd still support the team, but I would not be "on board" and he'd get no mercy.

I agree. We are in the ACC, not as hard of a schedule as the sec. We recruit ga, fla, and sc very good. The city of Atlanta has more recruits than the state of sc as a matter of fact. A friend whose dad is a coach at usc even refferred to the job as a "gold mine"

No kidding. I agree. If Chan Gailey can have a winning season every year, what does that tell a good coach? If decent coach like O'Leary can win 10 games, what does that tell a good coach?

All you need is a good coach and 1 good coordinator and you can win 8 or more games, no problem. If GT ever had a great coach for a while, I seriously think we could put together top 15 program.

When all this is over I would love to get the comprehensive scoop on all this...what coaches called us, etc...not sure if that is permanently confidential or what though.

Dude, the Ravens' offense is crap. If that's a serious name, I'm a bit let down, to be honest.

Last edited:
When all this is over I would love to get the comprehensive scoop on all this...what coaches called us, etc...not sure if that is permanently confidential or what though.

lets just say one already landed a job but checked with us first

others have jobs but still checked to see if we were interested, one wanted to come back even.

Back