Disappoint.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
The buffoons here calling out members of this coaching staff and the players for last night's game. STFU.

Game 1 against the world #1 in an offensive overhaul with a roster full of good athletes who were brought here to run triple offense. Acting like last night’s game is a glimpse at things to come. Anyone who did not expect a 2-3 year rebuild is a dumb. “Oh but GC’s play calling durdurdur”. Stfu.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
The goal line play calling and turnovers are not acceptable and last night was a giant slice of humble pie. That said, I believe in this coaching staff and we need to support them. It’s not going to happen over night.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I don’t see a problem calling out CDP a bit because as others have pointed out, he needs to do better. Our game plan did not give me the impression that he was ready for this. The two 4th down situations make that pretty clear to me.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
I’m sorry but the rebranding effort looks dumb after the O we trotted out there in the first half. It’s not like the outcome would have changed little at all but at least it’s a message to recruits and others that things are different, at least you can build on what YOU want to do moving forward.

When you want to brand yourself as putting your skill guys and athletes out in space under traditional spread concepts and then trot out a guy who STILL looks like he’s throwing a soaking wet wad of paper towels, you should be called out.

Ed Sawyer

I eventually banged Lucy Matthews.
I’m sorry but the rebranding effort looks dumb after the O we trotted out there in the first half. It’s not like the outcome would have changed little at all but at least it’s a message to recruits and others that things are different, at least you can build on what YOU want to do moving forward.

When you want to brand yourself as putting your skill guys and athletes out in space under traditional spread concepts and then trot out a guy who STILL looks like he’s throwing a soaking wet wad of paper towels, you should be called out.
Yeah all that talk about "pro style offense" and getting players to the NFL and we run a shotgun version of Johnson's offense. You have 9 months to put an offense together and that's what you come up with?

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
The buffoons here calling out members of this coaching staff and the players for last night's game. STFU.

Game 1 against the world #1 in an offensive overhaul with a roster full of good athletes who were brought here to run triple offense. Acting like last night’s game is a glimpse at things to come. Anyone who did not expect a 2-3 year rebuild is a dumb. “Oh but GC’s play calling durdurdur”. Stfu.
Do we have the personnel to score from the one yard line? I will hang up and listen...

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Yeah all that talk about "pro style offense" and getting players to the NFL and we run a shotgun version of Johnson's offense. You have 9 months to put an offense together and that's what you come up with?
It wasn’t a bad idea, imo

Our OL cannot pass block and Tobias is probably our most durable quarterback.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Shotgun from short yardage?.
How about..two TE's, fullback, tailback, under center. First down/score

Or recruit Cam Newton

That is all.
I actually thought the 4th down call was great. On a play like that, somebody is almost guaranteed to be open if you can stay alive for a couple of seconds, and Oliver is good at buying time. There were indeed two players wide open (I think Davis and Camp) in the back corner of the endzone, but Oliver's pass got tipped when he tried to find them.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I actually thought the 4th down call was great. On a play like that, somebody is almost guaranteed to be open if you can stay alive for a couple of seconds, and Oliver is good at buying time. There were indeed two players wide open (I think Davis and Camp) in the back corner of the endzone, but Oliver's pass got tipped when he tried to find them.
I think he is talking about the stupid 4th down play after the time out where we handed the ball off 5 yards deep and ended up losing a couple of yards on the play. It was stupid. You don't hand to ball off deep in that situation in big boy football.

The other bit of stupid was putting Lucas Johnson in with 1 minute left in half to run a hurry up offense. It is the first time the guy has seen the field and that is the situation you put him in, on the road, against the #1 team in the nation. Just run some clock and get to the locker room, not 3 pass plays so Clemson gets the ball back with 40+ seconds and a chance to score again.

CDP needs to figure out fast that this is P5 football.

killacam32

Varsity Lurker
Going back and looking at the play, it looked like TO had the pylon if he'd just keep rolling out. Obviously had his eyes elsewhere but had we punched that in I think we'd feel better about the offense as a whole.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
As did our offense against them the previous several years, which the Johnsonians conveniently ignore.
I agree. We shouldn't be running Johnson's offense anymore. To those not already on that train, last night should have made that even more clear to you.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Pat opened up the playbook with Graham so there is definitely some other plays he can draw up. Until we rotate out the leftover talent from the Johnson era I think you are likely going to see a good bit of option. Johnson ran a well oiled offense but it was an offense with a singular purpose and it’s parts don’t work well in other offenses.