Does ND have a "puncher's chance" this weekend?

Some of this is accurate, some is speculative, and some of it is wrong. ND plays 2-3 G5 teams every year--Navy and 1-2 others. There may have been a year where they only played 1 G5 team, but if so, that's an outlier.

During the most recent 11 year period please list all the FCS teams that ND has played

This yr ND plays NM & Navy, some years Air Force & Navy, many years only Navy

After all MICHIGAN dropped ND , not the other way around

Go back and look thru their skeds over the last 11 years and compare that to our schedules compare their Sagarin SoS's to ours

Most years no comparison

During the most recent 11 year period please list all the FCS teams that ND has played

Go back and look thru their skeds over the last 11 years and compare that to our schedules compare their Sagarin SoS's to ours

Most years no comparison
ESPN this week pointed out that ND is tied with Vanderbilt, BC, Indiana and WF as the worst winning percentage against top 5 teams since 2000. Brian Kelly is 0-4.
Don't expect those statistics to improve tonight.
Notre Dame has proven itself time and again completely irrelevant in the National Championship discussion--- including an absolute embarrassing beat downs from Alabama the NC game and from Clemson in last year's playoff.
Notre Dame needs to go back to the basics--- join a P5 conference and actually WIN A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP, before looking at more lofty goals that are obviously unobtainable in the current CFB landscape.

I remember "how bad" ugag was going to beat Texas and then Bevo happened. Here's hoping ND has something up their green sleeves.
Yes, those giving ND no chance should take this into effect, they were in the playoff last year, they always have top 10 recruiting classes. Would you say GT had no chance if we came into this game if that were true of us. I dont think so.

Most years no comparison

What does that have to do with my post? I never said they played FCS teams. I said you were wrong that they only play 1 G5 team most years...because, well, you are.

-14.5 should be line for each half. It won’t be close. And that’s not because Georgia is that good. ND is a regular ole’ good-not-great football program, and they have been for the past 25 years. They don’t don’t belong and won’t soon belong in the CFB Playoff discussion.
Sooner or later ND will have to become a full member of the ACC and win a conference championship like the rest of us in order to prove they are a CFB playoff contender.
Georgia will expose them badly again tonight. But as a Jacket and ACC guy I can at least have some satisfaction that The CFB playoff committee knows those snobs have no business thumbing their noses at The ACC like they are too good to become a full member.

Why do you think this? It was a 1 point game 2 years ago.

What does that have to do with my post? I never said they played FCS teams. I said you were wrong that they only play 1 G5 team most years...because, well, you are.

Glass houses

Throwing rocks

Hard for any GT Fan to criticize anything that ND does since they always schedule much harder than us

If GT had to play 12 straight games vs teams with 85 schollies like us, our injury situation would be worse than it has been the last 4 or 5 seasons

Even with 2 or 3 G5 Games ND still play 9 or 10 P5 Games which is equal to P5 Conference Champs and in some years more than Conference Champs play

Therefore the overall tenor of my comments hold weight, ND doesn't need to be in a Conference to prove they belong in the CFP

BTW Dodd took us out of the SEC so we could be the "ND of the South"

I guess its cool that everybody's interested in the ND dwag game. But just for the sake of full disclosure, I do not give a flying ##### who wins.

Glass houses

Throwing rocks

Hard for any GT Fan to criticize anything that ND does since they always schedule much harder than us

If GT had to play 12 straight games vs teams with 85 schollies like us, our injury situation would be worse than it has been the last 4 or 5 seasons

Even with 2 or 3 G5 Games ND still play 9 or 10 P5 Games which is equal to P5 Conference Champs and in some years more than Conference Champs play

Therefore the overall tenor of my comments hold weight, ND doesn't need to be in a Conference to prove they belong in the CFP

Good lord. Shut the hell up.

Glass houses

Throwing rocks

Dodd took us out of the sec because he was a very bad AD.

Please show ANY evidence where he said he wanted to be the “n.d. of the South.”

Dodd did like going to bowl games and back then n.d. thought going to a bowl game was beneath their dignity.

This thread is full of gems and a good reminder that you idiots shouldnt be setting lines
Game has another half. I remember us being up 20-0 on the Gaggers

Back