Does the GT Band still.play thr DIXIE riff

Yeah, it was a bummer when they dropped the Dixie flourish from White and Gold a few years ago. As others said, it’s not even about Dixie, it just sounded cool.

JRjr

one thing they actually don't do anymore is blow the whistle. they play a sound effect sometimes

that kind of makes me sad.
Wait, when did that stop? I used to could hear it when I sat in upper north but it’s been a few years since I sat there.

I suggest we go with "I'm being oppressed!!!"
Then any group can take ownership and also it's funny bc Monty Python

yeah they don’t anymore. It’s crazy that they replaced it with a leitmotif from the internationale

My cousin still does. I’ve noticed they used to yell fight drink win get naked and they quit

When I went to school in the late 2000s the band wasn't saying the "drink get naked" part but all the students were. Feel like I remember that still being the case since then but unfortunately I haven't been to any home games recently.

Is there still an actual whistle at the physical plant ?
Does it still blow to start and end classes ?
The 'whistle' sound that is played at our games is similar to one I've heard on tv at other games, and is a poor substitute for the steam whistle that is a unique
part of GT traditions.

Drown proofing is gone,the Wreck Parade at Homecoming is now a tricycle race, the greatest fight song in college history is being edited for political correctness,WTF is next!?

Drown proofing is gone,the Wreck Parade at Homecoming is now a tricycle race, the greatest fight song in college history is being edited for political correctness,WTF is next!?
No, the tricycle race is the Mini 500 and the Wreck Parade still happens, although it’s lamer than it used to be because you can’t build Wrecks in Minecraft or whatever.

There have been a couple of petitions in recent years trying to “fix” the song, and so far they have been unsuccessful.

JRjr

Why's that
IMG_9008.gif

Back