Dook postgame

I’m talking about that one drive where they drove from their own 7 all the way down in hurry up and our defense was gassed and gashed. Every team grabs a cramp in that scenario. We didn’t which has to be fixed because we step up in competition the ne t 6 games.
Our guys are well hydrated

Oh, that drive where we stopped them? Good example.
Ok fine. Then we can be the only team that doesn’t use its brain and give our defense a break. They were snapping the ball while Efford was calling our set and not even facing the LOS. That’s not high level football. Sure, we got away with it against Duke. We don’t get to play Duke every week. Syracuse did the same thing to us. Just go down and grab a cramp.

Just to reiterate:

Our horrible OL only let us rush for a 5yd average on the way to 245 total rushing yards. They made life so bad for King that he only passed for 2 TDs, 167yds, going 23/31 and hitting 8 different receivers. We only scored 2 TDs in the 4th, against a team that had given up 0 4th quarter TDs in 5 games. I mean, that's just ridiculously unacceptable! We should quit football

Our D held them to 74 yards rushing. 74 ööööing yards!
We got a sack and 4 TFL. Held their QB to a 61.8 rating, got a pick.

Its like so many of you are critics, not fans, of this team. Grow some balls and keep your whining to your boyfriends

Ok fine. Then we can be the only team that doesn’t use its brain and give our defense a break. They were snapping the ball while Efford was calling our set and not even facing the LOS. That’s not high level football. Sure, we got away with it against Duke. We don’t get to play Duke every week. Syracuse did the same thing to us. Just go down and grab a cramp.
Congratulations on finding something to bitch about. Good job.

7/16 on 3rd down
3/3 on 4th down
Dominated TOP

Yeah, we suck bad

:rollseyes:
Dude. Despite the result, which we are all happy with, there is some concern about the O. It got bogged down at times and our line isn’t doing a particularly good job of pass blocking or run blocking, which is likely why we have moved to an offense of laterals and sweeps. The middle is clogged most of the time and King doesn’t have time in the pocket to go downfield.

The O looked out of sync on too many plays. King’s passing stats were good but he didn’t look like the same runner.

King looked pretty gimpy coming off the field after getting pounded at the goal line late in the game. (We did eventually score, though.) I don’t think he’s 100%.

An ugly win is a win, so that’s good. We dominated statistically, so that’s good, but stats are for losers. We looked like ass on offense for the middle 45 minutes of the game and were losing for a while - that’s not good.

JRjr

I would agree that the offense was very conservative in the middle half of the game, but our field position was awful on most of the possessions. It was as if we thought Duke would struggle to score and we were going to try and hold on to the win. During that stretch the O-line did seem to lose its enthusiasm fir blocking.

However, once Duke took the lead we shifted gears back to the early game mode and completely dominated until the end. We won a hard fought game against a decent team to get to 4-2. That is plenty to be happy about.

No matter what the stats say, we need to improve in the run game. We picked up a bunch of junk yardage in the run game, but couldn't convert on third downs. Luckily we broke the nobody scores TDs on Duke in the 4th quarter narrative they'd earned against nobody.

Defense played great. Taye Seymore continues to stand out to me; flies around all over the field and seems to be a high football IQ guy that reads what the offense is doing very quickly. It seems like it's been forever since we had an interception in an ACC game where our guy caught it running the other way. Yes it was in junk time at the end, but I did like seeing that happen.
Quit calling runs up the middle. It ain't working none too good. Off tackle, toss sweep, option, play action? Bueller?

What is it about 2nd and 2-3 yards to go we always get stuffed at the line?
Bc teams know that we try to establish the run and stack the box. Pretty obvious reason

Home win vs unbeaten team on national TV is the stat that matters most.
Not sure you can consider ACC Network to be a national broadcast but glad we beat those punk bastards. dook is the school rich helicopter parents send their fragile kids to who aren’t smart enough to get into an academically elite school. Yet they prance around with their noses in the air. They’re in Raleigh acting like little bitches, it’s not exactly a travel destination either. It just sucks and all they have is a small little gym to watch their floppers flop. Pathetic ööööing school. öööö dook.

I thought we were dominant at the end of the game on both sides of the ball, they were a worn down team & it will be interesting to see how they play in their next game on 18 Oct against FSU,
2 wins from bowl eligibility with 6 games left....hope we can get at least 3 more wins & would like to get 4 more. I hope this team comes out focused next Saturday & beats those Tar Heels.

Back