Duke post game thread

I will give a shout-out to the OL in the 4th. Special shout-out to Kenny Cooper back in at center. Our snaps have been all over the place this season. The shotgun snaps looked good, much better than what Duke was getting. Cooper was down twice in the game and was in noticable pain, but gutted out the 4th quarter. Excellent getting the snaps off clean

I really like how aggressive our DBs are at the line now. We don’t frequently give away high percentage throws for short yardage and then whatever 1v1 YAC they can manage. That was one of the most aggravating things to me under the last staff and it seemingly didn’t matter who the DC was even as we had some pretty good CBs at times. Live by the sword, die by the sword and Bryce was largely unable to make us pay either due to being uncomfortable in the pocket or inaccuracy. I can only imagine we get better at this approach as time goes by and am excited for what it could be.
I remember differently. Duke had at least 10 dropped passes

Very impressed with the play of our OL. Probably the high mark for the season. This is very encouraging to see the upward trajectory and something to build on. Hope Gibbs injury is not too debiltating. While we have a stable of good RB's, he's definitely "the man". Also what has happened to Griffin? Still have areas to improve and cut down on mistakes but a solid win. Gives me hope that we can compete in our remaining games.

Much to the chagrin of several of our beloved posters, we basically whipped their asses.
Sometimes, I am just happy for the W. But I have to say, it felt really good to just beat the hell out of somebody for a change. Don't know if you saw the game on TV or live but the TV kept showing Cut with this exasperated expression and fogged up face shield. Inside, I was like: F you Cutcliffe. How do you you like our receivers now, beyotch?

And speaking of receivers, where in the heck is A Brown??

Sometimes, I am just happy for the W. But I have to say, it felt really good to just beat the hell out of somebody for a change. Don't know if you saw the game on TV or live but the TV kept showing Cut with this exasperated expression and fogged up face shield. Inside, I was like: F you Cutcliffe. How do you you like our receivers now, beyotch?

And speaking of receivers, where in the heck is A Brown??
We could t get any streaming to work at the hunting camp. None of our provider logins would work either. So Gamecast.

Try to catch a replay somewhere. And watch Cut's halftime comment that we are about to see the best half of football that Duke had played all year. I'm glad we broke 50 on that arrogant jackass.
Will do.

The best part of last night's game is it showed the offense particularly, but also the defense and the freshman, have practiced hard to improve during the hiatus, and that is harder than it sounds.

The worst part is so many blind Jacket fans on this board.

Try to catch a replay somewhere. And watch Cut's halftime comment that we are about to see the best half of football that Duke had played all year. I'm glad we broke 50 on that arrogant jackass.
Just saw the half time comments. I was wondering about the constant reference to the best half of Duke football ever but it makes sense now.

9 of those he nothing to do with the D. Additionally, a pick before the half, added 3.

D only gave up one score in the 2nd half. Also, they held Duke to less than 2 yards per carry and 6 of 17 on 3rd down.

AND our defense scored a TD for us!! JD can be a very explosive player. Stone was disruptive on the inside that freed up JD- liked what I saw there. I think so much of our issues are dealing with weakness on both lines.....it just dominos out from there. Recruiting, S&C, etc will pay dividends for us....

Hope Gibbs is just a hammy as reported...though those can take awhile to heal properly.
Not sure what's up with Griffin. We're lucky to have 4 great RBs. He was dinged earlier in the year- but surprised he didn't get action.
Same with AC.....bummer. Was really wanting great things for him this year. Lingering injury?

I blame a lot of the rustiness on the month off. That was almost akin to another opening game.
Progress made in making 8 / 8 in PATs!!! Wish they'd run Sims on more QB draws and roll-outs. He's lethal out there in space- and asking our O-line to hold a pocket or let us run a delay is a bit much still.

I saw improvement in many areas- which was critical IMO for this game. Sets a good tone for a strong finish on the year. UM will be tough as will Pitt- NCSU having a good year. Need to clean up some stuff and not let this get into our heads (be able to handle winning) and build on some momentum.

AND our defense scored a TD for us!! JD can be a very explosive player. Stone was disruptive on the inside that freed up JD- liked what I saw there. I think so much of our issues are dealing with weakness on both lines.....it just dominos out from there. Recruiting, S&C, etc will pay dividends for us....

Hope Gibbs is just a hammy as reported...though those can take awhile to heal properly.
Not sure what's up with Griffin. We're lucky to have 4 great RBs. He was dinged earlier in the year- but surprised he didn't get action.
Same with AC.....bummer. Was really wanting great things for him this year. Lingering injury?

I blame a lot of the rustiness on the month off. That was almost akin to another opening game.
Progress made in making 8 / 8 in PATs!!! Wish they'd run Sims on more QB draws and roll-outs. He's lethal out there in space- and asking our O-line to hold a pocket or let us run a delay is a bit much still.

I saw improvement in many areas- which was critical IMO for this game. Sets a good tone for a strong finish on the year. UM will be tough as will Pitt- NCSU having a good year. Need to clean up some stuff and not let this get into our heads (be able to handle winning) and build on some momentum.
I didn't look to see if Griffin dressed. Anyone notice? I normally arrive early because I like watching pregame warmups.

We played skittish at times. The interception by Sims was a terrible decision. Sims ability to scramble and create helped win the game for us. You can see why he is the starter. He has wheels and a good arm.

We were definitely the better team.

Duke's QB isn't too good. Mediocre arm strength. He just launched the ball a few times and got the benefit of a PI call. He also got a great catch on the TD where we had excellent coverage.

Back