Duke post game thread

Sometimes, I am just happy for the W. But I have to say, it felt really good to just beat the hell out of somebody for a change. Don't know if you saw the game on TV or live but the TV kept showing Cut with this exasperated expression and fogged up face shield. Inside, I was like: F you Cutcliffe. How do you you like our receivers now, beyotch?

And speaking of receivers, where in the heck is A Brown??

I don't think we had beaten the hell out of, imposed our will on anyone since VPI 2018.

I don't think we had beaten the hell out of, imposed our will on anyone since VPI 2018.
Imagine how good we can be with an experienced junior Sims with depth and size on the OL, Gibbs running behind that line. Sims having time to scan the field and throw.

I think I saw growth on the TD pass to Sanders. Sims was scanning right, turned left and threw a really good pass which Sanders was able to escape the defender for the TD. Sims had time on that play. Awesome presence.

Paul Johnson left the cupboard completely bare at TE.
I realize, but we have a couple of big guys on the roster that have got to make themselves targets. Coco had a catch for about 5 yards and that was it. It didn't really look like a check down play, more like Sims scrambling and Coco doing a good job getting open in the area and making a short catch. I'd like to see TE's be consistently good for 8-10 yards on checkdowns.

Cut simply misspoke. He did not mean to predict that it would be the best half Duke would play this season. He meant best half AGAINST Duke this season.

And did you guys notice his face shield? Dude has serious say it don't spray it issues.

Sometimes, I am just happy for the W. But I have to say, it felt really good to just beat the hell out of somebody for a change. Don't know if you saw the game on TV or live but the TV kept showing Cut with this exasperated expression and fogged up face shield. Inside, I was like: F you Cutcliffe. How do you you like our receivers now, beyotch?

And speaking of receivers, where in the heck is A Brown??
A Brown is out hurt. Don’t know his expected return.

Paul Johnson left the cupboard completely bare at TE.

But seriously...it is by far the weakest position group on the field.

We have some fairly big receivers. Why not put them at TE? Look at Waller for example. He’s killing it with the Raiders.

Imagine how good we can be with an experienced junior Sims with depth and size on the OL, Gibbs running behind that line. Sims having time to scan the field and throw.

I think I saw growth on the TD pass to Sanders. Sims was scanning right, turned left and threw a really good pass which Sanders was able to escape the defender for the TD. Sims had time on that play. Awesome presence.
Another thing I liked about Sims' performance was that he didn't hesitate too long to tuck the ball in a nd run. In past games, he would stay in a rapidly collapsing pocket too long and end up sacked or getting the ball swatted out of his hand. Last night he got away from pressure early enough to show his running ability.

I don’t know what some of y’all saw but both teams played horribly. Our OLine was getting whipped. Watch the OLine and you’ll see guys just caving. The difference compared to our beatdowns is that Duke’s LB’s and DB‘s stink so once Sims, Gibbs, or Smith made a juke they picked up lots of yards. Those plays were the same plays that teams with a pulse have stuffed all year. I’m glad we won, but if we play like that against NC State or Pitt we will get hammered. Duke also had drops all game 2-3 steps behind our DB’s. Those were the same issues when we got torched by UCF, Clemson, and Syracuse. The only difference is Duke’s WR’s are terrible. The one area of improvement was the kicking game. And I’ll say that Curry and Charlie Thomas played a solid game on defense. I trust in the recruiting and Brent Key but until our OLine gets better we will struggle. Enjoy yesterday because we won’t play another team that bad for a long time.

it's just nice to read a Duke postgame thread without any excuse making for why mighty ööööing Duke whipped our asses again, who they played before their BYE week against us, and other JV-loser bullshit.

Last night was 'As It Is and Should Always Be'.

öööö Duke.

I don’t know what some of y’all saw but both teams played horribly. Our OLine was getting whipped. Watch the OLine and you’ll see guys just caving. The difference compared to our beatdowns is that Duke’s LB’s and DB‘s stink so once Sims, Gibbs, or Smith made a juke they picked up lots of yards. Those plays were the same plays that teams with a pulse have stuffed all year. I’m glad we won, but if we play like that against NC State or Pitt we will get hammered. Duke also had drops all game 2-3 steps behind our DB’s. Those were the same issues when we got torched by UCF, Clemson, and Syracuse. The only difference is Duke’s WR’s are terrible. The one area of improvement was the kicking game. And I’ll say that Curry and Charlie Thomas played a solid game on defense. I trust in the recruiting and Brent Key but until our OLine gets better we will struggle. Enjoy yesterday because we won’t play another team that bad for a long time.
Whiny little bitch, aren’t you?

Maybe it's just me, but those read-option mesh issues looked more like a Donte Smith problem than a Sims problem.
With Smith in there, just give it to him and let him make his one cut into the hole and be gone. Great talent to be the 3rd or 4th string RB on a team.

The game was on MSN up here in the DC area so I think a lot of markets outside ATL may have picked it up locally.
It was on the Fox RSNs. I watched it in Dallas on Fox Sports Southwest. ESPN had ESPN3 listed as the broadcast carrier on their site so maybe some people assumed there weren't other options. On my Spectrum channel guide, it just said teams TBA.

For future reference, check this site to see which RSN's are carrying it as well as other ACC sports.
Affiliates are generally announced 10 days prior to each contest.

Back