Dwags want access to Buster through playoffs...

If Faulkner wants to go coach UGA for the playoffs then we should keep looking for a new OC. No way in hell do we let Faulkner go coach at UGA in the playoffs then slide over into the UGA OC job after Monken leaves for the Purdue HC job. If Faulkner wants to coach at UGA, we have to keep looking for an OC and if we find a good one hire them and drop Faulkner.

I honestly can't believe any of y'all would be ok with the idea of one of our coaches coaching/helping the dwags. What the öööö happened to y'all?
They have Stockholm syndrome. That’s the only explanation.

Crystal River?
Yes sir. We go several times a year to visit GF's family. I am kicking myself for not buying in there 6 or so years ago. Place is getting nice. It had more trashiness to it until the last year or so.

IMG_20221214_101206~2.jpg

IMG_20221214_094936~2.jpg

As a fan, I hate this.

I'm also struggling to feel out an equivalent in industry. If an employee puts in notice to go to another company, they're given a certain amount of time to finish out with their current role. However, once they cross the line, log on to the new company laptop, etc. (i.e. - go on recruiting trips), they lose their access and aren't privy to anything regarding the old company.

I also agree that if this were any other school, we probably wouldn't care. However, it's hard to argue that a BIG part of being Georgia Tech is hating uga. I could illustrate that through a number of examples, but they are so obvious and numerous that I won't bother.

Now, what should we DO about it? I'm not sure I have enough information to form a real opinion. Is Kirby just speaking in platitudes to calm fans and players when he knows well that Faulkner is gone? Are there back-channel conversations going on to work out a deal? Could we actually lose our OC if we put our foot down over it?

I'm not sure I'd be willing to lose a good hire over it, but I'd certainly go all the way up to that line considering the circumstances.

Nope, if this is something Buster wants, cut him loose and let him have it. He's a man, this is business. He needs to man up or he isn't ready to move up. Business decisions get in the way of feel goods all the time.

I really hope it's not that.

If Faulkner wants to go coach UGA for the playoffs then we should keep looking for a new OC. No way in hell do we let Faulkner go coach at UGA in the playoffs then slide over into the UGA OC job after Monken leaves for the Purdue HC job. If Faulkner wants to coach at UGA, we have to keep looking for an OC and if we find a good one hire them and drop Faulkner.
That’s exactly why Kirby wants him back for the playoffs. Our fanbase is too dumb to realize it.

From a pure business perspective, which is what this really is, it doesn't make sense to loan him out. We paid for his work, he has work to do for us for that pay. We should really just say no and carry on with the way things were agreed. We have no interest in the work they want him to do and aren't going to gain from it anywhere nearly as much as they are.

I hope Key and J Batt either get some major sweetener from it or say no. Like make him wear GT gear on the sidelines and get a year of his salary big. But it's gotta be big because we need our OC on staff recruiting and setting up shop. But they need to keep this strictly business. If personal enters into it at all, then it should be even less pleasant. 365 dominate UGA was said, and I heard it. This neighborly stuff is not that and it's a huge fart noise if it's done.
Totally agree, but devil's advocate... they paid him for his work too, which is incomplete. I doubt analysts have buyouts so he likely is not giving them money back.

That’s exactly why Kirby wants him back for the playoffs. Our fanbase is too dumb to realize it.
This. He's an analyst. He's done his work. They can find someone else to crunch numbers for two games. CKS wants him there to work on him likely because he knows that Monken's gone after the playoff. It lessens the blow he would have to make. However, UGAg has money rolling in from all places. If he wants Buster he can certainly wave enough in front of him to buy him right back and pay whatever buyout we have on him with the change.

Purdue has already hired a HC.

This. He's an analyst. He's done his work. They can find someone else to crunch numbers for two games. CKS wants him there to work on him likely because he knows that Monken's gone after the playoff. It lessens the blow he would have to make. However, UGAg has money rolling in from all places. If he wants Buster he can certainly wave enough in front of him to buy him right back and pay whatever buyout we have on him with the change.
Kirby wants him there for one reason. He's Stetson Bennett's whisperer. He's not crunching numbers, and Kirby isn't just trying to hold his ear for a minute to get him to come back.

Totally agree, but devil's advocate... they paid him for his work too, which is incomplete. I doubt analysts have buyouts so he likely is not giving them money back.
Doesn’t he get a paycheck like everyone else? Do you not get paid for the weeks you work not for the whole year up front? I only have to give a two weeks notice to leave my company for another one and that’s not by law, it’s just good business practice. But if I were hired by our main competitor and I already started they sure as öööö ain’t gonna accept letting me work for the company I’m leaving for another month just to complete a major project.

Doesn’t he get a paycheck like everyone else? Do you not get paid for the weeks you work not for the whole year up front? I only have to give a two weeks notice to leave my company for another one and that’s not by law, it’s just good business practice. But if I were hired by our main competitor and I already started they sure as öööö ain’t gonna accept letting me work for the company I’m leaving for another month just to complete a major project.
This. Buster and Kirby should have thought about this before he signed on with the Jackets.

And lest any of you guys think we should have a comity agreement with UGAg, they're the ones who derailed our SEC reentry brokered by Bear Bryant and Bobby Dodd back in 1978 when we were dead broke and had a president who wanted to deep-6 athletics at Tech. Point being, they have exactly -zero- sweet thoughts about us. They want the GTAA dead. Part of me thinks this is some serious booster power giving Kirby some serious grief about letting GA Tech hire away the one guy who changed Bennet from peasant to penthouse, and so this is how he can seriously screw with GA Tech and win back some "honor" in their eyes.

Glad somebody said it. Helping uga at this point only hurts our chances of retaining our new OC. It's not petty, I'm sure we're paying our new OC pretty well to work on GT problems, not help uga win another title.

Infact just for asking, let's throw money at Dale and hire him away right now too. Hello new running game coordinator.

For some reason I don’t care. Doesn’t move the needle for me either way.

Yes sir. We go several times a year to visit GF's family. I am kicking myself for not buying in there 6 or so years ago. Place is getting nice. It had more trashiness to it until the last year or so.

IMG_20221214_101206~2.jpg

IMG_20221214_094936~2.jpg
Beautiful! Enjoy :)

Back