Early Look at 2023 Schedule

The home schedule is very favorable next year. I could see us being undefeated at home pre-UGA.
L’ville
SC St.
Bowling Green
BC
UNC
Cuse
UGA

Definitely easier than last year, but that’s not saying much, as last year was brutal.

An interesting fact is that we have the hardest schedule for our permanent ACC rivals, if we count them by win percentage in the playoff era:

We are winners 8. We go 5-3 in the acc and 3-1 ooc (unfortunately not uga). Kiffin has had time to work his rot on Ole Miss. This year the win 6 maybe 7. The year after, 5. Then fire him mid season following that.

Our fans are so weird. Beg for home and homes against regional SEC foes and good road trips, then complain about them. Wtf?

Ole Miss is a great series it just sucks that we suck at the moment.
I certainly don't care about playing any SEC team including the one in our own state. I loved winning at Awburn and maybe due to my rural roots even had a BLAST at Mississippi State. And was shocked at Vandy to see they were banning the rebel flag at even tailgate areas (since that was definitely not true at other SEC venues. And we won all 3 - Thanks CPJ! But under the current NIL system, seeing our stadium look like a Ugag home game for them and the dreadful losses, etc. I would almost rather us go the NC State, UNC, etc. route of playing teams we should beat giving us 4 easy wins each year and then play even or better in the ACC to have a shockingly good record each year of 8 wins or more. But likely I am still in the minority of GT fans.

I certainly don't care about playing any SEC team including the one in our own state. I loved winning at Awburn and maybe due to my rural roots even had a BLAST at Mississippi State. And was shocked at Vandy to see they were banning the rebel flag at even tailgate areas (since that was definitely not true at other SEC venues. And we won all 3 - Thanks CPJ! But under the current NIL system, seeing our stadium look like a Ugag home game for them and the dreadful losses, etc. I would almost rather us go the NC State, UNC, etc. route of playing teams we should beat giving us 4 easy wins each year and then play even or better in the ACC to have a shockingly good record each year of 8 wins or more. But likely I am still in the minority of GT fans.

Yeah, you are. We didn't suck the last 4 years because of NIL.

Yeah, you are. We didn't suck the last 4 years because of NIL.
Hmmm...maybe I should have left those three letters out. The point was playing SEC teams in this ESPN created era where if you don't play in the SEC you aren't playing top level college football has changed the dynamic. Playing SEC teams will simply lead to more heart break. Shoot even Vandy is now out recruiting us. LOL Until something happens to change this new system, why pad their resume for them? Are you really satisfied winning 1 or 2 per decade? Are you a believer that Coach Key can truly turn this around without a huge NIL system to support him? Can someone post a link so that I personally can at least help out with NIL money for Tech. I am by no means wealthy but would gladly support $1000 annually to this cause. I have seen that Auburn is now over $15 million and many others at that level or higher and I know FSU, Clempsum, UNC, etc. have certainly got to have a similar system. What can we as Tech fans do to close the gap???

Hmmm...maybe I should have left those three letters out. The point was playing SEC teams in this ESPN created era where if you don't play in the SEC you aren't playing top level college football has changed the dynamic. Playing SEC teams will simply lead to more heart break. Shoot even Vandy is now out recruiting us. LOL Until something happens to change this new system, why pad their resume for them? Are you really satisfied winning 1 or 2 per decade? Are you a believer that Coach Key can truly turn this around without a huge NIL system to support him? Can someone post a link so that I personally can at least help out with NIL money for Tech. I am by no means wealthy but would gladly support $1000 annually to this cause. I have seen that Auburn is now over $15 million and many others at that level or higher and I know FSU, Clempsum, UNC, etc. have certainly got to have a similar system. What can we as Tech fans do to close the gap???

We pick up Wake, Syracuse and BC from the other side - Wake will be tough but we should compete with BC and Syracuse. Cuse losing their QB.
At Clemson - Clemson will be much better once they get that underachiever out at QB, but still beatable as Derrick Moore and Shane Beamer showed
Louisville in the opener. - winnable but like most conference games 50/50
Bowling Green - we should win this but I still cringe at the thought of Northern Illinois
At Ole Miss - pray your car doesn't break down in Mississippi. Whoever scheduled this game should have been fired long before Stansbury got his
Georgia at BDS - Georgia will fall down some notches and it is time we won one in BDS
Key will beat Duke at Duke, Virginia at UVa and UNC at home.
At Miami - like this year's game, 50/50. I imagine Cristobal will field a much more consistent team in 23.

BG ought to be a sure-fire W. WFU, Cuse, BC, L'ville, Dook, and UVA ought to all be competitive W's. That could be 7 W's right there, but say we win 5 of them.

Miami I just don't know. UNC will be tough, though we've beaten them the past 2 seasons. Say we split those two. 1 W.

Miss is a likely loss. CU and UGAg are both almost sure losses. 0 W.

I think I'll go with 6-6 as my expectation for next season. A lot depends on new offensive system and how the personnel digest and perform in it. I think the D should be marginally improved, though LB play will be difficult to replicate.

BG ought to be a sure-fire W. WFU, Cuse, BC, L'ville, Dook, and UVA ought to all be competitive W's. That could be 7 W's right there, but say we win 5 of them.

Miami I just don't know. UNC will be tough, though we've beaten them the past 2 seasons. Say we split those two. 1 W.

Miss is a likely loss. CU and UGAg are both almost sure losses. 0 W.

I think I'll go with 6-6 as my expectation for next season. A lot depends on new offensive system and how the personnel digest and perform in it. I think the D should be marginally improved, though LB play will be difficult to replicate.
We don’t play duke in ‘23

Back