End of Season Thread

The new assistant coach brought in by CBK who should get a raise this offseason is OL coach Geep Wade. The progress this unit showed from game 1 through last night was night & day over what we saw the last few years. Went from an inconsistent unit to a consistent unit that ended up the strength of the team.

O-line really came on over the last half of the season. Glorious last night to watch them open up holes and just mash the gas in the second half.

Watching the replay from the sweet victory, I believe the interception by UCF should have been ruled an incomplete pass. The DB did not have possession prior to being OB. This was never discussed by the announcers but maybe that is why Coach Key challenged. I know it's kind of nitpicking after a nice W but still I like to critique errors I see by the zebras.
I thought I was taking crazy pills

Two years ago when he started for A&M against Bama, I knew Haynes was legit. They were coming after him all game, and he kept getting away. He was a jacked up hitch route short of the sticks from beating Saban. Then they went back to the other kid (Wegmans?) and I knew he'd transfer. Had no idea he'd come to us. Glad he likes it on The Flats!

IMG_3758.jpeg

I was just texting, attempting to type, ~ I had a piece of “that” ~ but this came up instead …

My biggest critique of that play is for ESPN. I think it was likely a pick, but it's tough to be sure because somehow they never slowed it down, zoomed in, or considered the possession factor on the broadcast.
They never really showed a good angle on TV.
That’s true of the entire game - the camera work was atrocious.

JRjr
Referees were pretty horrible in general. Hard to believe anybody could be worse than ACC officials, but these guys managed it.
We were playing in the Earl Scheib of bowl games. Weird kickoff time, got the only refs willing to work 2 days before Christmas for minimum wage & same goes for camera guys, ESPN only had 1/2 the normal camera angles because they likely saved a truck delivery, set up, and cameramen, etc by using minimum equipment, no endzone paint, etc. Real shame because we got a decent opponent, Raymond James is a good stadium compared to other suck ass bowls & Tampa is a much better bowl location than Birmingham or Montgomery, etc.

We were playing in the Earl Scheib of bowl games. Weird kickoff time, got the only refs willing to work 2 days before Christmas for minimum wage & same goes for camera guys, ESPN only had 1/2 the normal camera angles because they likely saved a truck delivery, set up, and cameramen, etc by using minimum equipment, no endzone paint, etc. Real shame because we got a decent opponent, Raymond James is a good stadium compared to other suck ass bowls & Tampa is a much better bowl location than Birmingham or Montgomery, etc.
Plus the winner gets a treasure chest? Smokes cigars? This bowl should be top notch. If they added some scantily clad pirate ladies on the sideline to the mix, teams would be fighting over this bowl game.

The Bucks are player there Sunday so I assume that's the reason for no end zone paint. The stadium experience was much better than a domed stadium. Wish the falcons played outside.

The Bucks are player there Sunday so I assume that's the reason for no end zone paint. The stadium experience was much better than a domed stadium. Wish the falcons played outside.
I absolutely despise MB stadium. Literally hate it. Worst stadium I've ever been to, including South Carolina's crappy junk stadium.

Back