End of Season Thread

Watching the replay from the sweet victory, I believe the interception by UCF should have been ruled an incomplete pass. The DB did not have possession prior to being OB. This was never discussed by the announcers but maybe that is why Coach Key challenged. I know it's kind of nitpicking after a nice W but still I like to critique errors I see by the zebras.
guy next to us in the stands was convinced, looking at replay on his phone, it was incomplete.

End of season, you say?

A mini review and preview.
One of the biggest surprises was the improved play of the O line. Give Wade some credit and don't overlook having the same 5-7 guys week in and week out. Williams missed a little bit of time and McKenney and Robinson swapped out at left tackle but by and large it was the same guys every week and for OL continuity and play, that cannot be understated. Plus, a lot of those guys are coming back.
We get another year of Haynes (take your pick. We still get another year of him).
The top two receivers are coming back. Would be nice for Taylor or BlackStrain to step up at X for the Ricky Jeune/Jamal Camp big frame receiver spot.
Hope Dickens/Felix can mirror Dontae next year to spell Haynes at RB.
So offense is pretty set.
We go into 24 with the same questions as 23. Should be good at safety with Brooks and Powell-Lee (neither of whom looked to be 100% all year and how big was it that Jaylon King came back for '23?).
Will need people to step at CB. Need LB help. Again. Efford and Tatum certainly had their moments but I'd like to see a little more speed there.
Should be OK at DT with Zeek, Lockett and Douse but need depth behind them. Moved Scott to DE late in the season it seems and that seemed to help because that gave the D a really, really big body on the edge the other offenses had to account for. Still going to need help/depth at DE. Maybe Josh Robinson finally steps up into that spot.

We also were fortunate not to have a lot of injuries at positions we couldn't afford them. Some of the incoming transfer WRs missed some time (especially Lane) but Singleton's emergence helped buoy that.
So we'll have promise on offense, need some depth on D. Still sounds familiar. Again, the margin of error is not great. And we need to stay healthy.
But this season sure beat the öööö out of the previous four.

This may not relate to any thread posted, but I wish Tech would stick with the current white/gold trim uniforms It sticks out on the field and they have played pretty damn well wearing them!!

I was wondering if Singleton trapped the ball. Either way, the refs gave us a generous forward progress call later in the game to overturn a fumble so it evened out
Reminds me of them having their refs at BDS when we played them at home. The refs would frantically spot the ball. Several times, when UCF would run a play near their sidelines, they would run in a player and run a play as quickly as possible without the refs giving us a chance to sub on defense, per the rules. It happened at least 6+ times. I was quite upset that the refs participated in shenanigans.

Reminds me of them having their refs at BDS when we played them at home. The refs would frantically spot the ball. Several times, when UCF would run a play near their sidelines, they would run in a player and run a play as quickly as possible without the refs giving us a chance to sub on defense, per the rules. It happened at least 6+ times. I was quite upset that the refs participated in shenanigans.
Gus probably greased the wheels a bit pregame letting them know they’ll run a lot of HUNH. Johnson did the same with 3O stuff letting them know his linemen sometimes won’t engage till the 2nd level

Circling back to the OP, this is the first season in a while that I was sorry to see it end. Not so much last year but before that - I was just glad the season was over. This is just sooooooo much better.

This is a great way to put it in shorthand. Unlike 2021, 2020, or 2019, we're sad the season is over instead of relieved.

No he didn't. Not even that close. It was a pretty lucky play, but it was absolutely a catch.
All I know is that replays in the stadium absolutely sucked. They only showed one replay of each play, and for under review plays, we got endless local car lot commercials instead of views of the play.

All I know is that replays in the stadium absolutely sucked. They only showed one replay of each play, and for under review plays, we got endless local car lot commercials instead of views of the play.
That's too ööööing high! Did they have a mile of cars?

giphy (7).gif
1069766.gif

Gus probably greased the wheels a bit pregame letting them know they’ll run a lot of HUNH. Johnson did the same with 3O stuff letting them know his linemen sometimes won’t engage till the 2nd level
HUNH?

Hurry up no huddle.

I was pissed about it because clown, and apparently nobody else, realized the refs weren't holding the snap to let us substitute. Not UCF's problem. If the refs spot it and don't allow us to sub and you can get a fresh player in on offense, then good for you. The refs that day were horrible, but we also stunk up the joint. Nightmare fuel. It was just part of that bizarre 2020 season where every game seemed like a bad scrimmage

Back