End of Season Thread

And it takes way too long to get around inside and out.
That's the worst part. They're a mile away from one of the best engineering schools on the planet and it appears they went to Kansas to find someone. Then that group of brainiacs desgned a stadium that not even Dorothy likes.

I absolutely despise MB stadium. Literally hate it. Worst stadium I've ever been to, including South Carolina's crappy junk stadium.
MBS is easily the worst stadium I’ve been to. Terrible acoustics, the “cutting edge display” is a gimmick that can’t be seen by a good portion of the crowd, and dangerously slow egress. The Ga Dome was a much better facility.

I thought the sideline reporter was kinda hot in a young Fran Dreschner kinda way.

be4a078d7e0f0323d690a42b90f48a16.gif
You think a bowl of room-temperature pudding is hot, but point taken.

That's the worst part. They're a mile away from one of the best engineering schools on the planet and it appears they went to Kansas to find someone. Then that group of brainiacs desgned a stadium that not even Dorothy likes.
It’s not like our own stadium on campus is an engineering marvel

BDS is 10x better than MBS hell just ask the soccer players
I came of age in the lower east back in the day when giant columns obstructed the views of the back 10 rows of the stadium. They were useful to hide behind to mix a drink, but an embarrassment of a configuration for watching football.

The difference is, BDS@HF was originally built in 1913 and has been constantly expanded, torn down, rebuilt, is crammed into a small area.

MBS was designed like crap from the start in this century

They should've gone with the retractable roof that only has 2 moving parts, and come outside the most congested corridor in the south to build it. Arthur Blank has to be looking at the Braves right next to his old office right now and kicking himself.

MBS is closer to the airport than the fans, especially so considering traffic. It's about the same level of effort for many away fans to fly in as it is for the bulk of Falcons fans to drive in and park.

I came of age in the lower east back in the day when giant columns obstructed the views of the back 10 rows of the stadium. They were useful to hide behind to mix a drink, but an embarrassment of a configuration for watching football.
Me too.
But, BDS east was designed with a sightline to the track not to the football sideline. Shifting the field was an opportunity squandered. Those same posts are now in the suites and club bringing revenue at the expense of creating a terrible east side concourse and fan amenity set up -one that requires closing Techwood to have a concourse for gameday.

Me too.
But, BDS east was designed with a sightline to the track not to the football sideline. Shifting the field was an opportunity squandered. Those same posts are now in the suites and club bringing revenue at the expense of creating a terrible east side concourse and fan amenity set up -one that requires closing Techwood to have a concourse for gameday.
The city of Atlanta has already denied closing Techwood or even overhanging it. When we expanded, the original plans were to build the north, as it is now, entire east stands, including upper east, and the south.

MBS is easily the worst stadium I’ve been to. Terrible acoustics, the “cutting edge display” is a gimmick that can’t be seen by a good portion of the crowd, and dangerously slow egress. The Ga Dome was a much better facility.
The variety of fan and VIP experience opportunities at MBS are great. But you are correct getting into and out of BDS is not good and the old Dome sightlines were much better. The BDS roof was an abortion... somebody did not account track rail deflection. I think they initially had to jack it up to move roof. Probably fixed by now.

The variety of fan and VIP experience opportunities at MBS are great. But you are correct getting into and out of BDS is not good and the old Dome sightlines were much better. The BDS roof was an abortion... somebody did not account track rail deflection. I think they initially had to jack it up to move roof. Probably fixed by now.

I think you mean MBS

The city of Atlanta has already denied closing Techwood or even overhanging it. When we expanded, the original plans were to build the north, as it is now, entire east stands, including upper east, and the south.
Correct on the city on overhang etc. But incorrect on Techwood. The road stays open for Fire/EMS but the sidewalk and parking become needed "concourse" and points of sale on gameday. They east spectator package was poorly thought out in the renovation.

It’s been closed for every home game since COVID and they have food trucks and beer tubs.
We asked to permanently close it before stadium expansion and asked for the stadium to overhang the street if not. The city of Atlanta said no to both.

Yes, it is closed to public traffic, but not to official and emergency vehicles on GameDay.

Back