ESPN power rankings

You guys just don't understand game control, do you?

Arkansas dominated Texas Tech, before dismantling LSU and ole Miss. What more do you want from them?

Arkansas beat Ole Miss - the number 8 team in the country.

although Ole Miss has 3 losses and have lost 3 of 4 and only beaten Presbyterian in the last month

You guys just don't understand game control, do you?

Arkansas dominated Texas Tech, before dismantling LSU and ole Miss. What more do you want from them?

I want them to actually win their games. If everything was about game control, then Florida State wouldn't even be ranked. That whole "we may have lost 5 games, but they were all close" argument is total bullshit. Good teams find ways to win. Good teams don't let leads slip away. Good teams don't lose 5 games in a season

Colin Cowherd has us at 14
Dinich has us at at 21, the lowest of any voter. You guys apparently should have been sweeter on her, jerks.
Desmond Howard and Danny Kanell have us at 13.

Everyone else is from 14 to 18 range.

I want them to actually win their games. If everything was about game control, then Florida State wouldn't even be ranked. That whole "we may have lost 5 games, but they were all close" argument is total bullshit. Good teams find ways to win. Good teams don't let leads slip away. Good teams don't lose 5 games in a season

We have lost two games by a total of 11 points. We should be top 10. Perhaps #7

So much of this up in here

mangina.jpg

We have lost two games by a total of 11 points. We should be top 10. Perhaps #7

If you believe this, you are a retard.

The Duke final score was reflective of the beating we took from Duke. We lost to an awful UNC team. We don't have a big win. We are ranked where we should be.

Have the Sagarin rankings ever been more out of sync with the human polls? LOL at Tennessee. And FSU.

USA-Today---Sports---NCAAF.png

In all fairness, I believe that the espn power ranking purposefully has a very short memory. I think it's more of a "who's on a hot streak."

That being said, that's some öööö. Also, this year has got to be by far the most I've ever disagreed with the sagarin rankings. Holy öööö that is some bollocks. I feel like normally it manages to cut through a lot of that SEC bias, but I feel like the hype is just too high for it to overcome.

That being said, that's some öööö. Also, this year has got to be by far the most I've ever disagreed with the sagarin rankings. Holy öööö that is some bollocks. I feel like normally it manages to cut through a lot of that SEC bias, but I feel like the hype is just too high for it to overcome.

How does hype affect Sagarin? I thought it was based purely off of stats.

How does hype affect Sagarin? I thought it was based purely off of stats.

The hype has reached statistical significance.

Haha, no you're probably right. I know it factors in strength of schedule, but I question how it does that (due to the very fact that a 6-5 team is top 20).

If it doesn't take any preseason polls or anything into consideration, the early season wins against KState, WVU, and Wisconsin (sure I'm missing 1 or 2 others) most be propping up the whole conference.

Back