ESPN power rankings

So Clemson no longer qualifies as a top 25 team now that we've beaten them?

Should still Bama claim the Ole Miss loss as a top 3 opponent?

What about TAMU beating a top 20 ranked USCe team?

FSU beat a top 5 ranked Notre Dame team. Should they be considered a top 5 team?

I think where you are now is quite relevant and often more than where they were ranked at the time.

Hang up and listen? You on a ööööing phone dipshit? Jesus.

UGAg lost to two unranked teams, and don't give me that crap about how USuCk WAS ranked. They were over ranked and suck.

We are 14 point dogs in the game for a reason öööö for brains.

We lost to two bad teams, they lost to two bad teams. I still think they should be ranked higher. Beat them and we get ranked higher. No use getting a sandy vagina about it.

Isn't Clemson still ranked?

They might be... but do you think that is a win that should put us in the top 10 like some are arguing? I don't. It is a good win, but we are ranked where we should be.

Should still Bama claim the Ole Miss loss as a top 3 opponent?

What about TAMU beating a top 20 ranked USCe team?

FSU beat a top 5 ranked Notre Dame team. Should they be considered a top 5 team?

I think where you are now is quite relevant and often more than where they were ranked at the time.

I'm not sure how this is relevant. Clemson was ranked before we beat them (which was a grand total of 8 days ago) and they're ranked right now. So again, does the Clemson game not count as a win against a top 25 team because they temporarily fell out in one of the polls after we beat them?

I'm not sure how this is relevant. Clemson was ranked before we beat them (which was a grand total of 8 days ago) and they're ranked right now. So again, does the Clemson game not count as a win against a top 25 team because they temporarily fell out in one of the polls after we beat them?

Okay... We beat the #23 team. That is a good win, but not a great win. How many teams ahead of us have less impressive wins?

We are 14 point dogs in the game for a reason öööö for brains.

We lost to two bad teams, they lost to two bad teams. I still think they should be ranked higher. Beat them and we get ranked higher. No use getting a sandy vagina about it.

Yea, because Vegas doesn't lose money, öööö for brains. They will go where the bets go. The spread will change as the week goes on and more folks throw their money on GT.

Topic was set up as an ESPN bash fest...........................and then the other polls followed suit. Took the wind right out of those sails.

Okay... We beat the #23 team. That is a good win, but not a great win. How many teams ahead of us have less impressive wins?

Hey, I'm not the one arguing we should be ranked ahead of UGA. I just think the Clemson win should be acknowledged as a good win.

I'm done here. :cool:

Yea, because Vegas doesn't lose money, öööö for brains. They will go where the bets go. The spread will change as the week goes on and more folks throw their money on GT.

So you truly think we are the better team?

What leads you to this opinion? The Clemson win? :rolleyes:

So you truly think we are the better team?

What leads you to this opinion? The Clemson win? :rolleyes:

We can only play who is put in front of us, as much as I would like to play the Steelers.

Our last four wins have been pretty öööö impressive.

öööö, Corndog is usually a positive poster, maybe he's trying to use reverse psychology

I'll be devil's advocate. Their losses were close except for Auburn, which was at the beginning of the year. You look at the teams ranked 21-25 like Colorado State and Boise State, and I would have a hard time saying Arkansas is not better.

That brings up the question of what we want the rankings to be. When you have a true playoffs system like the NFL, the standings have perfect memory and only care about wins and losses regardless of when or how they happened. But that may not determine which team is best.

I'm in the camp that five losses are five losses, regardless of their quality or when they happened. The logic applied for the ranking selection would make the NFL playoffs VERY unfair. The NFC south gets a team like the AFC east. But it seems to work alright since the results on the field and not subjectivity are what matter.

öööö, Corndog is usually a positive poster, maybe he's trying to use reverse psychology

I'm not being negative, just being realistic. We are ranked where we should be ranked... especially in the ESPN power ranking pole. There aren't any 3 game losers ahead of us, so what isn't to like from that?

I'll be devil's advocate. Their losses were close except for Auburn, which was at the beginning of the year. You look at the teams ranked 21-25 like Colorado State and Boise State, and I would have a hard time saying Arkansas is not better.

That brings up the question of what we want the rankings to be. When you have a true playoffs system like the NFL, the standings have perfect memory and only care about wins and losses regardless of when or how they happened. But that may not determine which team is best.

I'm in the camp that five losses are five losses, regardless of their quality or when they happened. The logic applied for the ranking selection would make the NFL playoffs VERY unfair. The NFC south gets a team like the AFC east. But it seems to work alright since the results on the field and not subjectivity are what matter.

They were also steamrolled by UGA.

Back