ESPN power rankings

We are ranked where we should be ranked...

15837836466_368341c5cb_o.jpg

Who has Auburn beaten?

Arkansas?

They did beat LSU handily, and they get some credit for being in the national championship game last year. For OOC, they beat Kansas State.

These arguments can really go on forever without having played many OOC games. It can be fashionable to say everybody is wrong about the SEC West, but if the SEC West teams aren't ranked where they are, then which teams should be ranked ahead of them? I don't think the SEC West is as dominant as everybody says. It's not like 2005 with USC and Texas. But most of their teams probably have less issues than most other teams.

We are 14 point dogs in the game for a reason öööö for brains.

We lost to two bad teams, they lost to two bad teams. I still think they should be ranked higher. Beat them and we get ranked higher. No use getting a sandy vagina about it.

15241449424_ee27d37e7b_o.png

The hype has reached statistical significance.

Haha, no you're probably right. I know it factors in strength of schedule, but I question how it does that (due to the very fact that a 6-5 team is top 20).

If it doesn't take any preseason polls or anything into consideration, the early season wins against KState, WVU, and Wisconsin (sure I'm missing 1 or 2 others) most be propping up the whole conference.

The SEC beat Wisconsin, KSU, WVU, Clemson and Boise State OOC early in the year. This has propagated like an STD (stole that from someone) into the rest of SEC both in computer polls and human hype. Since the beginning of the year, there have been no more significant OOC games in the SEC to change this inter-conference weighting.

The weight of the CFB world rests on the shoulders of the ACC this weekend. If we go any less than 3-1, the SEC hype machine will not dampen. If we go 0-4, expect two teams in the CFP without a doubt.

The SEC beat Wisconsin, KSU, WVU, Clemson and Boise State OOC early in the year. This has propagated like an STD (stole that from someone) into the rest of SEC both in computer polls and human hype. Since the beginning of the year, there have been no more significant OOC games in the SEC to change this inter-conference weighting.

The weight of the CFB world rests on the shoulders of the ACC this weekend. If we go any less than 3-1, the SEC hype machine will not dampen. If we go 0-4, expect two teams in the CFP without a doubt.

I don't think the SEC has a WTF loss to mid-majors like some ACC teams do either. ECU didn't beat the ACC's beat teams, but those losses still affect us and FSU. Hell, at this point the B1G has a WTF loss with tOSU to VT.

I guess Indiana is the closest, but they're still not a MAC school like IIRC Pitt and BC lost to.

I don't think the SEC has a WTF loss to mid-majors like some ACC teams do either. ECU didn't beat the ACC's beat teams, but those losses still affect us and FSU. Hell, at this point the B1G has a WTF loss with tOSU to VT.

I guess Indiana is the closest, but they're still not a MAC school like IIRC Pitt and BC lost to.

BC lost to Colorado State, who is 10-1. It seemed like a WTF loss at the time, though.

Vandy lost to temple.

The ACC has wins over MAC champs to be W Mich, sun belt champs to be GA Southern, Big ten champs to be Ohio State, American Champs to be Cincinnati, and lost to UCLA by 8 when UCLA scored 3 defensive TDs.

Vandy lost to temple.

The ACC has wins over MAC champs to be W Mich, sun belt champs to be GA Southern, Big ten champs to be Ohio State, American Champs to be Cincinnati, and lost to UCLA by 8 when UCLA scored 3 defensive TDs.

BFD. Wow!!! ACC owns the MAC and Sun Belt!!!

This is ööööing pathetic loser talk.

No it's not. I'm just pointing out that until yesterday the ACC had played contenders for each conferences championship except the big XII and CUSA with GT-UGA to go.

Just pointing out that OOC the ACC has played some of the best teams in every conference and yet our conference sucks and our conference champ is being talked about as getting left out of the playoff, even though our conference has played and beaten or competed with several other conference champions or contenders.

BC over Southern Cal for instance who was playing for the PAC XII South title yesterday.

It was just a nugget about OOC scheduling whichever hen taking a step back maybe some of the early trip ups by the ACC weren't so bad.

Worst ACC OOC loss was probably Pitt against Akron.

UNC and Duke aren't bad teams. I'd be surprised if both didn't win their bowl games. UNC will likely be 5-2 with Williams as the sole playing QB. And Duke is going to finish 9-3 with losses to VPI, Miami, and us. They're not great teams either but losing to them this season is not a disaster.

How we lost the Duke game was bad, but that happens.

Teams the ACC lost to OOC are a combined 205-95 or something whereas teams they've beaten are also over .500 at 110-100 or so.

We want the ranking, we can earn it Saturday. I don't see what the wailing and gnashing of teeth is all about.

Beat UGA. Beat South Carolina. Beat Florida. Beat Kentucky.

We want the ranking, we can earn it Saturday. I don't see what the wailing and gnashing of teeth is all about.

Beat UGA. Beat South Carolina. Beat Florida. Beat Kentucky.

This.

You can't get the SEC train run on you every year and then bitch about lack of respect. You want respect in the polls, go earn it on Saturday.

This.

You can't get the SEC train run on you every year and then bitch about lack of respect. You want respect in the polls, go earn it on Saturday.

i heard that sec ran a train on your mom.

Back