Expansion Rumors…

I think any day now until GT announces our lawsuit against the GOR. Conference USA awaits.
Nope. FSU and Clemson will do that for us. What we need is some power with state legislators and the BOR to force UGAg to vote against any further SEC expansion that doesn't include us. Don't think it will happen. We are hated in this state

What we need is some power with state legislators and the BOR
Very little with the first. Can't think of any of the top state lawmakers with any significant ties to Tech. The lieutenant governor played at Georgia with Kirby. Senate president pro tem went to Mercer, Senate majority leader went to North Georgia. Speaker of the House is a big Georgia Southern fan. And I mean big. His office is full of Ga. Southern stuff. Speaker pro tem went to Georgia. House majority leader's dad is a Tech grad but he went to Muttville.
None with the second.

Maybe what's about to be left of the ACC can reach to the Big 12 to form a super league. Screw it - get Washington State and Oregon State to come along, make this a three-conference race. Give the Big 10 and the SEC a big middle finger.

Is there any legitimate legal argument a judge would respect to invalidate the granting of rights agreement? At face value it seems the conference schools voted on this. If they leave the conference, there is an established cost they should pay. It is hard to believe they are spending money on lawyers without an end game strategy that makes sense. All I can figure is that they believe the other schools will not want to hold them hostage against their will and that those schools also want to be free to leave should the Big 10 and SEC call. If I were Tech, right now, I would not cave in, but hold them to the GOR. Letting the big conferences pick the ACC apart at their leisure seems a bad outcome.

Is there any legitimate legal argument a judge would respect to invalidate the granting of rights agreement? At face value it seems the conference schools voted on this. If they leave the conference, there is an established cost they should pay. It is hard to believe they are spending money on lawyers without an end game strategy that makes sense. All I can figure is that they believe the other schools will not want to hold them hostage against their will and that those schools also want to be free to leave should the Big 10 and SEC call. If I were Tech, right now, I would not cave in, but hold them to the GOR. Letting the big conferences pick the ACC apart at their leisure seems a bad outcome.

I think they are trying to force the ACC to budge and settle on a lower exit fee, rather than win the case outright. Thing is, it may be worth it for the ACC to stick to their guns all the way. No idea, but I don't really feel good about any of it from our perspective.

Somewhere Brett Yormark is laughing. 2 years ago the B12 was all but dead, and now the P12 is dead and the ACC has been given a period of time to live.

The B12 will end up winners in all this. Yormark went out and expanded twice when OU, Texas bolted, and will now be able to do the same when FSU, Clemson officially leave.

The ACC is a joke. Any conference leaders who accept 2nd tier status by agreeing to take less money deserves whatever it gets. We should all sue the ACC for incompetence. Having your undefeated champion left out so two one loss teams get in proves that no one respects anybody in the ACC. Then we accept less money. Now, the entire conference is one big hostage taking entity. I’m sure Phillips has his soft landing spot already being furnished at the BIG headquarters.

The ACC is a joke. Any conference leaders who accept 2nd tier status by agreeing to take less money deserves whatever it gets. We should all sue the ACC for incompetence. Having your undefeated champion left out so two one loss teams get in proves that no one respects anybody in the ACC. Then we accept less money. Now, the entire conference is one big hostage taking entity. I’m sure Phillips has his soft landing spot already being furnished at the BIG headquarters.
Swofford would've had us in G5 by now.

I didn't realize that ESPN could decide come February that they don't want to pay for anymore of this ACC öööö anyway and opt out of the last 9 years of the media deal. ESPN could unilaterally kill the ACC if they wanted.

Anyway. Yahoo article in the X.

What’s scary is that we are rarely mentioned in any of the “what-if” articles. If we get relegated to a schedule full of KSUs, GSUs (both of them), and Tulanes, my interest will permanently fall to end of clown era levels.

What’s scary is that we are rarely mentioned in any of the “what-if” articles. If we get relegated to a schedule full of KSUs, GSUs (both of them), and Tulanes, my interest will permanently fall to end of clown era levels.
It’s only scary if you didn’t recognize it as the reality coming our way. We aren’t appealing to either of the Big 2. Only as defense against the other grabbing us. The Sun Belt is a fun conference. Hopefully we can start winning regularly once we are in it.

You think these basement dwellers actually have Any clue? These are the same people taking the time to write “articles” about a hypothetical 64 team college football bracket with fairy tale game recaps for every made up match up.

You think these basement dwellers actually have Any clue? These are the same people taking the time to write “articles” about a hypothetical 64 team college football bracket with fairy tale game recaps for every made up match up.
No I don't think he does, but has Biden already started campaigning?

Back