Fall Camp News

Loved the interviews. We've got some mature and articulate players that seem well-focused coming into the season. I look forward to seeing this team develop. They have a very difficult schedule and have a light of new players at skill positions on offense to assimilate. But, CPJ and his staff seem to have established a great work ethic with the players. This should be fun.

I don't think these words have ever been spoken during the Johnson era, but I'm excited to see what the D can do. It would be awesome if this was a strength instead of a liability.

Not worth a new thread, but Chaz Cheeks has transferred to Kennesaw State.

:turbonoes: ?

I don't know much about this guy. Any word on why? Does this hurt our depth much?

He left the team in spring. Not news that he's gone, just news where he's going.

What I remember hearing is PJ had a talk with Cheeks about his prospects for playing time, and he decided to transfer

Chaz lacked the ability to grow and improve. Light never came on and he just got buried on the chart and wasn't going to move up. This does not affect our depth. I can't remember a single snap from him last year on D.

Chaz was fun to watch on the sidelines, though. Always super upbeat and seemed to be the first to congratulate anyone for their play. Wish him well with KStU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think these words have ever been spoken during the Johnson era, but I'm excited to see what the D can do. It would be awesome if this was a strength instead of a liability.

If we could have put pressure on QBs, we could have won every game in 2014 that we lost. Think about that for a second.

:turbonoes: ?

I don't know much about this guy. Any word on why? Does this hurt our depth much?

Here's all you need to know. This is Chaz's highlight reel:

leItASi.jpg

If we can get any pressure on QBs this year, we might not constantly be in the 10 yard cushion big play prevention defense. I'm intrigued if the corners are prepared to play more press defense.

Back