Fall Camp Thread

Hopefully Lucas isn't hurt too badly. I am intrigued about the Graham - being that his coach in Fitzgerald called him the best athlete he has ever coached. That is a hell of a complement.

Graham might have to split time between positions. A walking boot on LJ's foot doesn't sound promising.

http://ramblinwreck.com/photo-gallery-gtfallcamp18-practice-no-9/

Scrimmage Notes:

• The Yellow Jackets’ offense and defense battled for 18 series.
  • The offense scored four times (two touchdowns and two field goals):
    • Touchdowns
      • 54-yard pass from TaQuon Marshall to Qua Searcy (drive: two plays, 70 yards)
      • one-yard run by Jordan Mason (drive: 18 plays, 70 yards)
    • Field goals
      • Shawn Davis – 47 yards
      • Brenton King – 45 yards
  • The offense also missed a field goal and was stopped on the one yard line on the final series of the scrimmage.
  • The defense recorded seven three-and-outs.
  • Redshirt freshman quarterback Tobias Oliver had runs of 39 and 56 yards.
  • Senior defensive lineman Desmond Branch had three sacks.

It might be safe to predict that Oliver will start the season as the #2 QB, now that LJ will likely miss the rest of fall camp and might not get the opportunity to play in the Alcorn State game. LJ is expecting to find out more about his injury Monday, so probably will get an MRI then. Whether or not James Graham is back practicing at QB later in the week will likely indicate the status for LJ.

It might be safe to predict that Oliver will start the season as the #2 QB, now that LJ will likely miss the rest of fall camp and might not get the opportunity to play in the Alcorn State game. LJ is expecting to find out more about his injury Monday, so probably will get an MRI then. Whether or not James Graham is back practicing at QB later in the week will likely indicate the status for LJ.
Does Lucas have a redshirt? That would be preferable

http://ramblinwreck.com/photo-gallery-gtfallcamp18-practice-no-9/

Scrimmage Notes:

• The Yellow Jackets’ offense and defense battled for 18 series.
  • The offense scored four times (two touchdowns and two field goals):
    • Touchdowns
      • 54-yard pass from TaQuon Marshall to Qua Searcy (drive: two plays, 70 yards)
      • one-yard run by Jordan Mason (drive: 18 plays, 70 yards)
    • Field goals
      • Shawn Davis – 47 yards
      • Brenton King – 45 yards
  • The offense also missed a field goal and was stopped on the one yard line on the final series of the scrimmage.
  • The defense recorded seven three-and-outs.
  • Redshirt freshman quarterback Tobias Oliver had runs of 39 and 56 yards.
  • Senior defensive lineman Desmond Branch had three sacks.

Scored 2 TDs in 18 drives?

CPJ gonna be pissed, but then again, football coaches are only happy when they are pissed.

Did he hire Woody just to keep him from spilling the beans on how to stop this offense?

Defense sounds pretty lit. I assume they just sold out to stop the run and dared TQ to beat us through the air. Seems to be a popular formula.

I was surprised that we have so many offensive linemen. I realize many are freshmen and walk ons, but I was always under the impression that we had 6 offensive linemen and that if two went down we started blocking with ABacks

The notes say, "series", as opposed to "possessions". One of the TD drives was 18 plays, so that could have involved several series. The other TD was a two play drive (1 or 2 series). I don't know for sure if that is what they mean, but scoring 4 times on 18 series would not be too bad. It does say the defense forced seven 3-and-outs, plus 3 FG attempts, so 10 of the 18 series would have been won by the defense, if my calculations are correct.

Last edited:
The notes say, "series", as opposed to "possessions". One of the TD drives was 18 plays, so that could have involved several series. The other TD was a two play drive (1 or 2 series). I don't know for sure if that is what they mean, but scoring 4 times on 18 series would not be too bad. It does say the defense forced seven 3-and-outs, plus 3 FG attempts, so 10 of the 18 series would have been won by the defense, if my calculations are correct.
It was 18 drives that started on the 30. Not good stats which is why he was mad.

Back