Film review: why we got stomped

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
A couple thoughts:
1. They really kept in a lot of blockers. Hard to get much pressure when it's our 3 or 4 guys vs their 6 to 8 guys. There were some holding non calls, yeah, but we rarely fooled their protection schemes and most of the time had our guys double teamed all day. The few times they didn't keep the extra blockers in, we did get some pressure. They just banked on getting open eventually with all day to throw and they were right.
2. I hate when people say "our players didn't quit". BS. There was a lot of piss poor effort in the second and third quarters from what I saw.
3. Ugh those turnovers on the re-watch. Both plays were open and I can see an argument that Sims needs better pocket awareness, but pathetic OL play cost us 14 pts the other way right out of the gates. Just can't have free defenders at or behind the LOS. Get your damn heads up and hit somebody ffs.
4. Maybe I need to sober up to understand wtf is wrong with our run blocking and how it can possibly be THAT bad. I can't even figure out what we're TRYING to do. We seem completely incapable of executing plays with pulling linemen and don't sustain double teams in zone long enough to get leverage then miss the second level guy anyways. Just insanely frustrating to watch.

A couple thoughts:
1. They really kept in a lot of blockers. Hard to get much pressure when it's our 3 or 4 guys vs their 6 to 8 guys. There were some holding non calls, yeah, but we rarely fooled their protection schemes and most of the time had our guys double teamed all day. The few times they didn't keep the extra blockers in, we did get some pressure. They just banked on getting open eventually with all day to throw and they were right.
2. I hate when people say "our players didn't quit". BS. There was a lot of piss poor effort in the second and third quarters from what I saw.
3. Ugh those turnovers on the re-watch. Both plays were open and I can see an argument that Sims needs better pocket awareness, but pathetic OL play cost us 14 pts the other way right out of the gates. Just can't have free defenders at or behind the LOS. Get your damn heads up and hit somebody ffs.
4. Maybe I need to sober up to understand wtf is wrong with our run blocking and how it can possibly be THAT bad. I can't even figure out what we're TRYING to do. We seem completely incapable of executing plays with pulling linemen and don't sustain double teams in zone long enough to get leverage then miss the second level guy anyways. Just insanely frustrating to watch.

It's called coaching and we lack that right now. I like Collins and his attitude. I love his will to win and how he loves his players, but at some point, he's going to have to make a decision about Pnod and Thatcher. These guys are not getting it done, plain and simple. We should never lose by that amount, especially at home. I'm willing to give Collins another year but he needs to make a change or he has to go.

It's called coaching and we lack that right now. I like Collins and his attitude. I love his will to win and how he loves his players, but at some point, he's going to have to make a decision about Pnod and Thatcher. These guys are not getting it done, plain and simple. We should never lose by that amount, especially at home. I'm willing to give Collins another year but he needs to make a change or he has to go.
We needed to send some delayed blitzes once we realized what they were doing. Call some more man cover 2 and instruct the LB who's on the TE or RB that's staying in to arc in between the gaps once their guy engages our lineman.

A couple thoughts:
On #2 - I also some of that in 3rd quarter on defense particularly in 3rd quarter without mentioning names - that has got to quit.

It's called lesser Athletes on our OLine that don't have the balance, flexible hips and short area quickness for us to run some of those plays , we have some guys on the OL that needs to drop 15 + lbs of bad weight to improve quickness, IMO the quicker you are off the ball and the quicker you get into your man you have a much better chance to complete that Block successfully

- I'm not talking 6-3 285lbs, I'm talking 6-5 to 6-6 305lbs instead of 345 or 350lbs, a lot our guys' weights are listed too light, these guys play sluggish and overweight. I see too many plays where #54, #77,#70 get beat out of their stances by the DLs across from them

Later this week, check out YouTube and look at a condensed version of the Bama vs Miss Game, their OLine looked like an "Organized Ballet Troup of Grizzly Bears" , each OL showing perfect footwork, speed, pace, balance, and technique in carrying out their assignments.

It was amazing to watch, TBH I'd rather have those 5 than the the Guys the Falcons are putting out there right now.

Too many people are defaulting to the trite catch-all ambiguous concept of "coaching".

Look at it this way, imagine you are pitching coach, and the Mgr comes to you and says, " I gotta fire you, you aren't getting it done" and you reply " what am I not doing" & the Mgr says, "you aren't Coaching up my pitching staff into hitting 98 on the Radar Gun while painting the corners" --- this how all you guys sound when you say it's "coaching" , there are no magic words or practice drills to make our OL play better

In combat sports it is almost always the Raw Talent of the Players or the ceiling of those Players.

On #2 - I also some of that in 3rd quarter on defense particularly in 3rd quarter without mentioning names - that has got to quit.
I saw several plays where our DB's were watching while their runner fought for extra yards against our initial tackler.

Yeah, at the NIU game when I saw some of our players up close I realized the weight numbers were bogus. Our OLine is fat not football big. Now the other positions are mostly just ripped so you can see the work. But adding weight just to seem better on Paper is a joke. Our OLine can’t move because they are fat.

It's called lesser Athletes on our OLine that don't have the balance, flexible hips and short area quickness for us to run some of those plays , we have some guys on the OL that needs to drop 15 + lbs of bad weight to improve quickness, IMO the quicker you are off the ball and the quicker you get into your man you have a much better chance to complete that Block successfully

- I'm not talking 6-3 285lbs, I'm talking 6-5 to 6-6 305lbs instead of 345 or 350lbs, a lot our guys' weights are listed too light, these guys play sluggish and overweight. I see too many plays where #54, #77,#70 get beat out of their stances by the DLs across from them

Later this week, check out YouTube and look at a condensed version of the Bama vs Miss Game, their OLine looked like an "Organized Ballet Troup of Grizzly Bears" , each OL showing perfect footwork, speed, pace, balance, and technique in carrying out their assignments.

It was amazing to watch, TBH I'd rather have those 5 than the the Guys the Falcons are putting out there right now.

Too many people are defaulting to the trite catch-all ambiguous concept of "coaching".

Look at it this way, imagine you are pitching coach, and the Mgr comes to you and says, " I gotta fire you, you aren't getting it done" and you reply " what am I not doing" & the Mgr says, "you aren't Coaching up my pitching staff into hitting 98 on the Radar Gun while painting the corners" --- this how all you guys sound when you say it's "coaching" , there are no magic words or practice drills to make our OL play better

In combat sports it is almost always the Raw Talent of the Players or the ceiling of those Players.

Would you kindly stick these endless condescending and sanctimonious essays up your ass and find something else to do?

JRjr

Would you kindly stick these endless condescending and sanctimonious essays up your ass and find something else to do?

JRjr
Was it PressMan who told me a few days ago we were way better than Pitt?

Think so...

Think so...
5p2uqs.jpg

JRjr
I'm talking about the game I watched, what's condescending about that?

When's the next ST Tailgate, I'd love to step up to you and introduce myself, have a conversation, talk about our favorite Team?

How bout it?

Bullshit. CPJ knows how to score on a 1st and goal at the one with short fat guys. Patnerd does not.
Hmm?

At the end of his Tenure as our HC, we lost a Gm vs Duke, where they stopped us on 4( or 5) 4th down and 1yd plays at various places on the Field, they weren't on the GL, but somehow lowly Duke had figured out how to stop us on 4th & short.

Profanity aside, at least be accurate when you retell the legend of our former, venerable HC

Think so...
I believed it, I still believe it, CGC never mentioned anything during the Week about 2 OLinemen being injured, and 2 new Guys playing, had he done that I would've been less optimistic.

I thought we were at full health other than the 2 Sr DEs.

JRjr
How about I put you on ignore and you put me on ignore.

I thought this was a forum where people could talk about about GT FB with a reasonably high level of insight and inside information?

Instead, we get such "gems" like - "it was the coaching", " it was the QB", "he should've called a better play" - the kind of things you'd hear from a HS band member instead of grown Men that have watched GT FB for upwards of 20 years.

The funniest thing in all this, is guys like you on occasion ask why GT doesn't pick up more sidewalk fans like other Colleges.

Maybe take a look at how you guys act to what is "normal FB talk" everywhere else on the Internet.

Later, I won't be wasting anymore time around here.

Now do about 3 more and get to WrecksAndEffect

He liked my post about going to the B1G Ten. The ol’ Michigan man can’t help himself sometimes.
I don't know who you have me mixed up with, never stepped foot in Michigan in my life, never pulled for Michigan in any sport, ever, hell I've never owned an American Car , made in Michigan.

I hate everything about the rust belt, the only reason I like GT to the B1GTen is the $55 million in TV money vs the chump change the ACC Pays

Back