Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
2 years from now you're going to ask for Roof to have more time because

1) injuries
2) not having good enough players
3) something something something he's a tech man

You and loser tech fans like you are the reason we never get anywhere.
I don't care if he is a Tech man or not. But I'm not so stupid to call for the guy's head before he gets his own recruiting classes on the field. If you can't understand this you are an idiot, plain and simple. Not one of you pussies screaming "fire Roof" have presented one shred of evidence. You might as well go cheer for the Dwags so you can feel comfortable calling for your coaches to be fired.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I'm not sure how to feel about this one. On one hand, our defense is NOT good. On the other hand, it looks pretty much the same as it has every year since 2009. You could also argue that Wommack and Groh both had better talent to work with. Roof has had very little in the way of playmakers on D, especially in the front 7. If recruiting is indeed improving (which I think it is), then perhaps firing doesn't make sense, especially since the core of this recruiting class is probably dependent on Roof being here.

Just my 2 cents.
Yes, we know you don't know how you feel. Either that or you are schizophrenic.

Why would you judge Roof on his recruiting before he has his own players on the field as 4th and 5th year guys?

gt2690b

PB time!
I just didn't know we we're paying him that much unreal.. Kelley left and makes less at fsu? What the hell is going on? All the radio poll smokers said we couldn't keep Kelley here.. I'm not a fan of Kelley but dam

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
I don't care if he is a Tech man or not. But I'm not so stupid to call for the guy's head before he gets his own recruiting classes on the field. If you can't understand this you are an idiot, plain and simple. Not one of you pussies screaming "fire Roof" have presented one shred of evidence. You might as well go cheer for the Dwags so you can feel comfortable calling for your coaches to be fired.
You got Ted Roof's balls in your mouth so you won't hear anything people have been saying about what a terrible DC he's been. Even CPJ admitted he had to hire him because we didn't have the money to hire someone else. It's ok though you're the type of fan who likes to just drink some craft beers and have a good time at the games. I don't blame you for not wanting to be a winner. It's who you are.

johncu

Dodd-Like

Why would you judge Roof on his recruiting before he has his own players on the field as 4th and 5th year guys?
You can't afford to give every DC 5 or 6 years if they are not getting the job done. That is ridiculous. I'm sure CPJ knows much better than we do whether the problem is talent or scheme. If it's the latter, I expect that Roof will be asked to make some significant changes. I'd be surprised if he gets canned unless things get REALLY bad.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Yes 750k was his 2015 salary

Its not avg. he is paid in the top 15 of all the land for dc. That is not avg. and his d efficiency ratings are always below avg. he gets paid premium dollar for öööö results. Cant spin this one.
Well, you're spinning it from best I can tell. 750K is about average for the ACC, a little below average for the SEC. Here are the SEC DC salaries for 2014:

Salary:
Will Muschamp (Auburn) - $1.6 million
Kirby Smart (Alabama) - $1.5 million
John Chavis (Texas A&M) - $1.5 million
Jeremy Pruitt (Georgia) - $1.3 million
Kevin Steele (LSU) - $1 million
Robb Smith (Arkansas) - $750,000
Dave Wommack (Ole Miss) - $750,000
Jon Hoke (South Carolina) - $750,000
Lorenzo Ward (South Carolina) - $750,000
Barry Odom (Missouri) - $625,000
Manny Diaz (Mississippi State) - $575,000
John Jancek (Tennessee) - $515,000
D.J. Eliot (Kentucky) - $500,000
Jason Jones (Ole Miss) - $310,000
Geoff Collins (Florida) - Not available

Sure if you throw in the salaries for all the guys in non- P5 conferences Roof is going to be way toward the top. Note the Jason Jones/Dave Wommack, Jon Hoke/Lorenzo Ward combos above. Manny Diaz is now at Miami (where I assume he got a pay raise).

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
You see performance before year 4 & 5. Clemson was eating FSU's lunch with freshmen on the defensive line. We are undersized at most positions on the defensive side of the ball; not sure how that gets fixed. Seems like Roof's best performances are when he can best disguise his defense's intentions. Our deep passing game is ugly, though. (For reasons well documented)

Ish

Dodd-Like
Coit has the strangest superiority complex about this whole thing. It's bizarre.

ThomsonJacket

I don't know

One more season and he will have that. Guess he'll win us a title then. It only took him 2 seasons to win a championship at awburn.

Beestorms Moms basement

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Tech is now dead last – 128 out of 128 – in 3rd down defense in the FBS. How is this a 7-page back and forth thread? What Ted Roof is doing is a big effing problem. Fin.

eg1

Dodd-Like
Could you guys fire the Hillnerds first? Asking for a friend ...

beej67

new around here
What we need to do, is let someone else play Rock Paper Scissor. Leave Roof in place, but give playcall responsibilities to another coach or graduate assistant.

Really, that's the biggest thing going wrong in my opinion. Roof's getting dogged at RPS. The other OC always guesses our defensive playcall right.

Maybe we could develop an AI to do the playcalling for us, based on down, distance, and formation.

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
Count me in the "give Ted time" camp. Defensive recruiting is on the upswing - we will see improvement once the talent levels rise. The 2009 defensive awesomeness had nothing to do with scheme and everything to do with personnel. I want to see how things develop over the next two seasons with Roof.

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
You got Ted Roof's balls in your mouth so you won't hear anything people have been saying about what a terrible DC he's been. Even CPJ admitted he had to hire him because we didn't have the money to hire someone else. It's ok though you're the type of fan who likes to just drink some craft beers and have a good time at the games. I don't blame you for not wanting to be a winner. It's who you are.
That's not what CPJ said about Roof - he said that about Womack.

Ish

Dodd-Like
We are 128/128 in 3rd down defense. This is not a talent issue, unless you think we have the absolute worst players in FBS. This is scheme.

beej67

new around here
We are 128/128 in 3rd down defense. This is not a talent issue, unless you think we have the absolute worst players in FBS. This is scheme.
It is the defensive play call.