Fire Thacker

jacket67

Dodd-Like
KSU should be a decent litmus test for a defensive coordinator. When Tech was running the TO, it was pretty obvious on game day which opponents had a strategy to defend against it, and which teams looked completely unprepared. Let's see if Thacker learned something from Citadel and is able to put together a plan, preparation, and execution.

theDude47

Dodd-Like
KSU should be a decent litmus test for a defensive coordinator. When Tech was running the TO, it was pretty obvious on game day which opponents had a strategy to defend against it, and which teams looked completely unprepared. Let's see if Thacker learned something from Citadel and is able to put together a plan, preparation, and execution.
If we aren’t disrupting the handoff or forcing the pitch early almost every play, then he’s not worth his salt as a DC. We better own that line of scrimmage.

BigGTMike

2020 Stingtalk Poker Player of the Year
Thought we were supposed to play press man, yet against the second least talented team we will likely play this year we were playing zone on a two point conversion? "They found a soft spot" per the players in the post game presser. If we can't man up NIU, who can we?

Not to even mention it was the same exact route concept they had ran previously.

Techfan02

Hope is pain
Watched his presser what DC can we get someone throw any ideas out there

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
Thought we were supposed to play press man, yet against the second least talented team we will likely play this year we were playing zone on a two point conversion? "They found a soft spot" per the players in the post game presser. If we can't man up NIU, who can we?

Not to even mention it was the same exact route concept they had ran previously.
That's what I was wondering. Can our CBs not stick with the NIU WRs? They should have been able to blanket the WRs and limit NIU to only RBs and Slots as receivers at the very least.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like

Hey, we're #102 in the Massey Rankings!

LaFlavor

Flats Noob
I was going to try to defend the defense and play devil's advocate, like try to find bright spots. The best I can do is say that, giving up 22 points to NIU should have still resulted in a win, and they averaged less than 4 yards per carry. That's about all I got. Maybe the stats would have looked good if we'd been able to defend against a hurry up offense? Seems like that's been an achilles heel for far too long, though.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
Oddly maybe we played better than on Def than we thought. NIU scored 43 on Wyoming. -and lost.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
For some reason (apparently my own stupidity), the softness of the defense surprises me every time. I think we need less show and more assholes on D.
Soft is the new normal. I think people have taken the slogan "Try Kindness, It Works" to a whole new level. Brainwashed and weak.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Soft is the new normal. I think people have taken the slogan "Try Kindness, It Works" to a whole new level. Brainwashed and weak.
What’s Mickey Andrews up to these days? We need the “hit through the second whistle” mentality instead of the celebrate before the TD mentality.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
What’s Mickey Andrews up to these days? We need the “hit through the second whistle” mentality instead of the celebrate before the TD mentality.
I miss Tenuta. We sure used to blitz a lot.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Ftrs had a good write up. Defensive plan worked well, but we also completely dominated at individual positions. Thomas & Dominick were wrecking balls.