Fire Thacker

GTRules

You’re Mamma
All the way up until the NIU game. I'm on pause until staff changes are made. My ticket money gets redirect into the A-T Fund instead. Typically either WBB, VB, or AD Initiative depending on who has the hot hand. Golf is fully endowed and doesn't need it. I'm skeptical of coaching in baseball (pitching coach), MBB, and FB so for now those are cut off. If Pastner can just keep recruiting like he has recently, not lose to any teams from 1 bid conferences, and absolutely blast UGAg who he's still winless against ... I'll bring in Pastner to the money train.
So you support the team through thick and thick. Got it.

So you support the team through thick and thin. Got it.
Sure do. The money either goes to the ticket office or the A-T Fund regardless.

I have a full time job and my own business that was entirely stand alone before COVID knee capped it. Time is my most precious asset. Like most GT fans, I don't live in Metropolitan Atlanta. It's a 10 hour time investment for me to get to Atlanta, watch the game, and get back. I claw back 2/3 of the time (and 2/3 of the blood pressure points) watching the game from my couch when they're poorly coached and stinky. So I put my money where my mouth is and send the tickets to A-T. I know good and well that when I send the money into AD Initiative ... it's usually used to liquidate failed coaching regimes. AD Initiative was used to help liquidate PJ's staff and hire Collins' staff. It helped liquidate Gregory and Hewitt too.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell the ticket office when they call asking if I want tickets these days: If you have a code or special instruction to earmark donations for new coordinators in football, you let me know what it is and I'll send in some more money today.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Sure do. The money either goes to the ticket office or the A-T Fund regardless.

I have a full time job and my own business that was entirely stand alone before COVID knee capped it. Time is my most precious asset. Like most GT fans, I don't live in Metropolitan Atlanta. It's a 10 hour time investment for me to get to Atlanta, watch the game, and get back. I claw back 2/3 of the time (and 2/3 of the blood pressure points) watching the game from my couch when they're poorly coached and stinky. So I put my money where my mouth is and send the tickets to A-T. I know good and well that when I send the money into AD Initiative ... it's usually used to liquidate failed coaching regimes. AD Initiative was used to help liquidate PJ's staff and hire Collins' staff. It helped liquidate Gregory and Hewitt too.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell the ticket office when they call asking if I want tickets these days: If you have a code or special instruction to earmark donations for new coordinators in football, you let me know what it is and I'll send in some more money today.
I bet you’re one of those guys who complains when the stadium is filled with UGA fans too.

I bet you’re one of those guys who complains when the stadium is filled with UGA fans too.
No, I think the GTAA should use analytics (it's pretty obvious when the buyer only shows up for one game every other year) to send ticket prices for individual UGAg tickets on the open market through the roof. If Wally Q. Mouthbreather from Clarke County Correctional wants to sit in BDS and enjoy GT's lack of coaching, fine. Fork over $400/seat for the experience. They're going to be there given the current conditions (UGAg on all cylinders, GT on maybe one or two). Might as well fleece them for everything you can.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
No, I think the GTAA should use analytics (it's pretty obvious when the buyer only shows up for one game every other year) to send ticket prices for individual UGAg tickets on the open market through the roof. If Wally Q. Mouthbreather from Clarke County Correctional wants to sit in BDS and enjoy GT's lack of coaching, fine. Fork over $400/seat for the experience. They're going to be there given the current conditions (UGAg on all cylinders, GT on maybe one or two). Might as well fleece them for everything you can.
Lol.

Do you also find Mayhem in the Benz a laugher? Because aside from getting a real market quantification for the need for luxury/box seating at BDS, that's what Mayhem is. Fleecing opposing fan bases willing to travel to the benefit of the GTAA. Maybe a dash of Collins recruiting too, though I've never seen a recruit say they went somewhere explicitly because they'd be playing in a NFL stadium every year.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I'm not sure where to put this so I suppose this is as good a place as any.

Over our last four games, we have zero fumble recoveries and one interception.

Pretty sure we had a team goal to lead FBS in turnover margin.

Over half the teams in the FBS have a better turnover margin than we do.

Looks to me like the season ended after the North Carolina game. We haven't done a damn thing since.

H-town

Helluva Engineer

Looks to me like the season ended after the North Carolina game. We haven't done a damn thing since.
I think a lot of our missed tackles have been because we were trying to get the strip rather than the tackle.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein

We beat Duke.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I remain amazed anyone can blame our defensive coordinator for our defense instead of our defensive minded HC. Does anyone actually believe Thacker is overriding Collins on defensive calls?

clapper

Dodd-Like
So I put my money where my mouth is and send the tickets to A-T. I know good and well that when I send the money into AD Initiative ... it's usually used to liquidate failed coaching regimes. AD Initiative was used to help liquidate PJ's staff and hire Collins' staff. It helped liquidate Gregory and Hewitt too.

You think giving money directly to the AD or minor sports or anything A-T fund related when you’re pissed about the direction of the FB team is ‘making a statement’? That’s where they want the money in the first place.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
You think giving money directly to the AD or minor sports or anything A-T fund related when you’re pissed about the direction of the FB team is ‘making a statement’? That’s where they want the money in the first place.
Shhhh. We had him going.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Seemed like it wasnt the last part of the CPJ era.
We've covered this. Duke was actually good for a few years (shocking, I know). Now that they're trash again, we should beat them every year.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
We've covered this. Duke was actually good for a few years (shocking, I know). Now that they're trash again, we should beat them every year.
Yes. They were good. And our recruiting tanked.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Any Tech fan who doesn't show for the home UGAg game needs to STFU about attendance and the number of UGAg fans in the stadium.

Sadly, I saw several UGAg hats and sweatshirts this past Saturday. Amazingly, they will actually attend OUR games while OUR fans won't

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Yes. They were good. And our recruiting tanked.
David Cutcliffe got very good at his team's option defense and letting recruits know they would have no chance of playing in the NFL if they committed to GT. It was the equivalent of the 1960's and 70's opposing coach tactic of plopping a calculus book on the table in front of a potential recruit