First time in GT History

I am ok with the pants; but I don't know why we would wear blue pants when playing the Blue Devils.

Two completely different blues

3A43A0E4-2947-4968-ADA8-B0DCAD2F7B1A.jpeg

My point exactly. Wanna try blue pants at home, do it when we play MIAMI, Bowling Green (who, by the way, looked like Halloween candy corn), or just about anybody - 'cept Duke.
I don't see what the issue is. Duke will likely be in white pants and blue tops anyway since we wear white tops at home. So why not change up and show off some new pants?

Name anybody in any of those pics above that we could've gotten without a massive bag of cash + basically zero entrance requirements + meaningless major that requires little/no effort.

Also, you missed the whole point. Nobody says they will come because of the uniforms, but some like the fact of having more "stuff." It is an attraction. Nobody went to those schools above because they have great traditional uniforms either.

GT has more in common with Oregon than with many of our SEC neighbors. Oregon's rivasls recruiting rankings for the last 5 years (in order): 13, 18, 25, 17, 26. Still better than Tech, but far better than Oregon State who has the same problem as Oregon (limited talent pool within 4 hours of campus). I think flashy uniforms are fine, honestly my favorite uniforms are the blue-white with gold helmets but that's because I came of age as a football fan in 1990. Good memories of that uni. I hated it when O'Leary went to the white but now I don't care what they win as long as they play like they did against louisville.

It would make some heads explode here, but those navy jerseys are sharp as hell to me, and I think navy/navy with the gold helmet would look awesome for an alternate, or bowl game, etc.

I’m all for a color rush look with Blue tops & bottoms

I guess what get me scratching my head is this “GT tradition” when it comes to unis. There is no tradition! Go back every 5-10yrs and you see a different shade of gold and a different uni style.

F this and all uniform threads. F anyone who cares about this, as fans. F me for wasting a post on dis thread. And F duke and your fashion police! Cpj is correct.

Russian for 500+ is all we should care about. Turn on the tumblers.

I dont give a rats ass if we wear bright orange spandex onesies with leather helmets, if it helps recruiting. But not mine to fret over. Roll jackers! F duke. Mind rite.
This rant made absolutely no sense.

It would make some heads explode here, but those navy jerseys are sharp as hell to me, and I think navy/navy with the gold helmet would look awesome for an alternate, or bowl game, etc.

Plus you can read the numbers.

We are not Oregon. Oregon can wear all kinds of crazy öööö and I still know that I'm watching Oregon.

I'm disappointed in a lot of things that I figured all this branding initiative and effort was supposed to have resolved and refined this year. Seems to have only gotten worse.

Just my $0.02. Your fault for opening a uniform thread.

We've been wearing 92 different shades of gold since 1892 and you're bitching about blue pants?

More ridiculous muddy incoherent branding.

We wore white out uniforms again on the road last week.

Now we are back at home and wearing our road jersey and solid blue pants.

Our TV graphics package is inconsistent and all over the place with everything in blue.

Just a ööööing mess. I guess the idea is that we have no brand identity so öööö it altogether this year. But hey, at least there's no "R" on the jerseys.

:bigcry:

Lol wut? You’re bitching now, after we’ve finally made strides to fix the branding? We have clean looking jerseys that pay homage to tradition while having subtle modern touches. We’re wearing white jerseys at home and on the road. We had one game where we busted out Navy jerseys. And we probably have a sweet-looking gold jersey to wear next time somebody refuses to let us wear white at home.

Find something else to cry about people.

Last edited:
I guess what get me scratching my head is this “GT tradition” when it comes to unis. There is no tradition! Go back every 5-10yrs and you see a different shade of gold and a different uni style.

There was tradition and they semi scraped it when Johnson got there. The only tradition they brought back was wearing white at home. Tech had to wear colored uniforms in the 80's and early 90's because of NCAA rules. The reason LSU wears white at home is because of Tech and thanks to them they convinced the NCAA to set new rules that allows home teams to wear white pending the away team's approval. Here's a link that explains it. Granted it is Wikipedia but it is true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_State_University_traditions

As for the traditional uniform style, just look at the photos I posted earlier and you'll see the same uniform style over several decades despite the change to vegas gold in the 90's.

I agree, that's my point. It doesn't matter what the uniform looks like to recruits. Traditional or not. Good recruits want to win and make it to the NFL.

That said, it just so happens that some of the best recruiting schools have traditional uniforms that have never drastically changed. There uniforms are there identity. For some reason Tech has an identity problem the past couple of years with the exception of the past two years. Last years uniforms (despite being Russell) is our identity. You can vary in that identity but don't put Botox in it to make it look like something your not.

To me, this is Tech's identity. (I do not endorse going back to Russell)

tech2.jpg

photos.medleyphoto.8502448.JPG
Dr102808d.jpg
herschel80_edited.jpg
1970_sun_bowl_vs_texas_tech_2.jpg
098ce3840beb456b927b340b803c4d7e.jpg
college-football-auburn-ed-dyas-in-action-rushing-vs-georgia-tech-at-picture-id475262609
Joe_Hamilton.jpg
i
images
georgia-tech-wide-receiver-calvin-johnson-runs-a-pass-pattern-versus-picture-id120942524
bobbydoddweb6452638921_t1070_h4629d8a3ba53253ab8262e50aafe2ff30dfcb72f.jpg
https://247sports.com/proxy/Tiw4AwOfyX8853iC795wXOH9X9Xc24-frLZhCMCj1j8uT_RDUC9MYhGn7xb20Q57x7yv3uuRg0g-M7SaEP8eLg/image.png

Yea alternate uniforms really helps recruiting. I don't think so. Top recruits don't really care about how good their uniform looks. NO. Top recruits really only care about winning and getting to the NFL. Oregon can have those recruits who care more about how they look than winning. Tech is starting to get to gimmicky. I'm ok with alternates, but for the most part stick with tradition. It seems to be working just fine for some other programs. Up with the WHITE AND GOLD!

PSUFOOTBALL1-1100x708.jpg
92441_h.jpg
AP_18111786374094.jpg
5ac981127a9cd.image.jpg
justin-jefferson-lsu-spring-game-833b4c50dc27bc8e.jpg
usa_today_10000071.0.jpg
636593171395340983-0414-Clemson-1st-quarter-spring-game-015.JPG

And yes I know some of these school have alternates but that's not my point. I don't think the top recruits at these schools went there because of there alternate uniforms.

Name something we have in common with those schools in the last 10-15yrs

There was tradition and they semi scraped it when Johnson got there. The only tradition they brought back was wearing white at home. Tech had to wear colored uniforms in the 80's and early 90's because of NCAA rules. The reason LSU wears white at home is because of Tech and thanks to them they convinced the NCAA to set new rules that allows home teams to wear white pending the away team's approval. Here's a link that explains it. Granted it is Wikipedia but it is true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_State_University_traditions

As for the traditional uniform style, just look at the photos I posted earlier and you'll see the same uniform style over several decades despite the change to vegas gold in the 90's.

Exactly. Our tradition is inconsistency. GT is currently known more for being nerds and the triple option than what we wear! I promise this make us look more enticing to 14-18y/o than you want to admit

Name something we have in common with those schools in the last 10-15yrs

I can name something that they have done that we haven't. 7 of them have won or played in the national championship. 5 have won it. I'm not saying uniforms will win us a national title, that's silly. I'm just pointing out the coincidence.

Lol wut? You’re bitching now, after we’ve finally made strides to fix the branding? We have clean looking jerseys that pay homage to tradition while having subtle modern touches. We’re wearing white jerseys at home and on the road. We had one game where we busted out Navy jerseys. And we probably have a sweet-looking gold jersey to wear next time somebody refuses to let us wear white at home.

Find something else to cry about people.

I've been crying and bitching about GT branding for years. Nothing new at all about these tears.

I can name something that they have done that we haven't. 7 of them have won or played in the national championship. 5 have won it. I'm not saying uniforms will win us a national title, that's silly. I'm just pointing out the coincidence.

You are dismissing these programs do different things to appeal to their recruiting base

Ohio St
GettyImages-621315496.jpg

GettyImages-493144894.jpg

newsEngin.20261555_867562162.jpg

DOh04tpUEAAfJSs.jpg

Oklahoma Who is now Team Jordan

Clemson
images

Penn St
1472689_33690.png

UGA
4951850.jpg

icon_15669063-620x818-610x804.jpg

Bama and Penn St is the only team not to do a true alternate in the last 10-15yrs

Back