First time in GT History

You are dismissing these programs do different things to appeal to their recruiting base

Ohio St
GettyImages-621315496.jpg

GettyImages-493144894.jpg

newsEngin.20261555_867562162.jpg

DOh04tpUEAAfJSs.jpg

Oklahoma Who is now Team Jordan

Clemson
images

Penn St
1472689_33690.png

UGA
4951850.jpg

icon_15669063-620x818-610x804.jpg

Bama and Penn St is the only team not to do a true alternate in the last 10-15yrs

I agree with you but the uniform template it the same just with different colors for the most part. For the record I'm fine with alternates but I like to keep a traditional look. Personal opinion. It's also funny you mentioned Bama not having any alternates and yet they a have won 5 national titles in the past 10 years. Bama did have an alternate in 2010 as a part of the Nike pro combat series.
USATSI_4948202-620x1105.jpg

I think Adidas is giving us a little of everything this year just to show what they've been working on. Some of these that don't get much love we might not ever see again. And others will settle in as our "traditional alternates."

I told y’all until I was blue in the face to expect a lot more navy with adidas in the mix.

I can name something that they have done that we haven't. 7 of them have won or played in the national championship. 5 have won it. I'm not saying uniforms will win us a national title, that's silly. I'm just pointing out the coincidence.
If anything, the color of the uniform won't help us win games. For what I have read, the comfort of the new ADIDAS uniforms will help us win games.

I like them, despite spending a long time thinking I would hate a blue pants look. I do have some thoughts though.

I agree with @GT flunkout about the branding. I don't feel like it would be too hard or too much to ask for us to establish some kind of consistency with what we wear. We can wear all the different combos we want, but the "when" of the matter doesn't need to just be thrown together like this. For example, I am not a huge fan of gold jerseys and never have been, with the exception of the mustard throwbacks everyone loves. However, in my mind, we should always wear gold shirts and white pants for homecoming. Whether we should wear gold or white hats, I don't know, but the gold jerseys feel like the most "formal" of our colors and I think when we've got fans like coit coming back who were going through their midlife crisis when World War II was raging, we should dress up for it. I am excited to see the blue pants, but I don't think we should be wearing them for homecoming when those older fans are probably mostly of the opinion that we should never wear anything but gold/white/gold. White hats/shirts/pants should be for whiteouts only. Wear the gold helmets with white shirts/pants on the road, fine, but seeing the team wear all white uniforms on the road instead of when they ask us all to wear white is about as bad as the team being forced to wear gold jerseys for a whiteout vs NC State.

Establishing consistency is how you marry new uniforms with a fan base obsessed with tradition. It seems pretty simple and straightforward, but right now it seems like each week we're pulling uniform combos out of a hat.

I like them, despite spending a long time thinking I would hate a blue pants look. I do have some thoughts though.

I agree with @GT flunkout about the branding. I don't feel like it would be too hard or too much to ask for us to establish some kind of consistency with what we wear. We can wear all the different combos we want, but the "when" of the matter doesn't need to just be thrown together like this. For example, I am not a huge fan of gold jerseys and never have been, with the exception of the mustard throwbacks everyone loves. However, in my mind, we should always wear gold shirts and white pants for homecoming. Whether we should wear gold or white hats, I don't know, but the gold jerseys feel like the most "formal" of our colors and I think when we've got fans like coit coming back who were going through their midlife crisis when World War II was raging, we should dress up for it. I am excited to see the blue pants, but I don't think we should be wearing them for homecoming when those older fans are probably mostly of the opinion that we should never wear anything but gold/white/gold. White hats/shirts/pants should be for whiteouts only. Wear the gold helmets with white shirts/pants on the road, fine, but seeing the team wear all white uniforms on the road instead of when they ask us all to wear white is about as bad as the team being forced to wear gold jerseys for a whiteout vs NC State.

Establishing consistency is how you marry new uniforms with a fan base obsessed with tradition. It seems pretty simple and straightforward, but right now it seems like each week we're pulling uniform combos out of a hat.

I think you are right about the "out of a hat" comment, as it is my understanding the captains are choosing each week. When kids decide, it is like pulling the combos out of a hat. :)

I think you are right about the "out of a hat" comment, as it is my understanding the captains are choosing each week. When kids decide, it is like pulling the combos out of a hat. :)
If that's true, I get it, but we'll stay inconsistent like this for as long as it's going on. And what do I know, maybe that's best. Maybe part of defining/remembering each season becomes what the players chose to wear. But if it's not up to the kids, the GTAA and adidas can put together a better uniform schedule than this.

And if that's going to be the case and the players are going to be deciding what they wear, then make a thing out of it. Instead of these slick adidas videos, have the captains make a short video each week to unveil the uniforms they've decided to wear.

CPJ has indicated many, many times on the radio show that he doesn't give a öööö about what uniforms we play in. This doesn't have anything to do with CPJ or his coaching history.

JRjr

Believe he did say we would never wear triple Gold

You are dismissing these programs do different things to appeal to their recruiting base

Ohio St
GettyImages-621315496.jpg

GettyImages-493144894.jpg

newsEngin.20261555_867562162.jpg

DOh04tpUEAAfJSs.jpg

Oklahoma Who is now Team Jordan

Clemson
images

Penn St
1472689_33690.png

UGA
4951850.jpg

icon_15669063-620x818-610x804.jpg

Bama and Penn St is the only team not to do a true alternate in the last 10-15yrs

Auburn, Texas, usc? Just guessing.

Apparently, team captains pick the combos each week. So....blame Taquon?

PJ's first year back at Southern, the players asked him if they could wear blue pants. He said, sure, WTH, but let's save em for special occasions. They broke em out for teams they had a chip on their shoulder against. The first game was against UTC at home (had lost for just the first or second time to UTC the year before) so it was blue helmets, blue jerseys, blue pants. And it looked good.
The blue pants were brought out a lot for Furman games. Hmm......

Back