Football Scoop: New RB coach

If Gibbs decides to come back, and he should, we should be a much, much better team. Pitt is taking a huge hit in experience next season.

BTW, anyone notice that Pickett has decided to skip the Peach Bowl? He's training for the combine instead

I get it and agree to some extent. I find it frustrating AF that we aren't winning. I have some friends who are posters on this and other sites and they are irate at the "branding" and get all up in arms about how we're "disrepecting our traditions", etc. And I'm talking people who are highly intelligent and for whom I have a high degree of respect. And when I've pointed out that the #404theCulture and #ATL stuff isn't really meant for anyone but the players and recruits, they usually respond with "that's not how we do it around here'.

To which I offer up the following story which I've used several times before in work environments to question why we do things a certain way:

*Quoted from link below...I don't include in quotes because that only shows the first few lines:

Have you ever heard of the 5 monkey’s experiment? It’s based on a research project by G.R. Stephenson performed in the 1960s. The story has been told many times and it goes something like this:

Researchers placed five monkeys in a room with a ladder and some bananas at the top of it. It didn’t take long before one of the monkeys saw the bananas and decided to climb the ladder.

As soon as the monkey reached the banana, all five monkeys were showered with cold water.

This frustrated the monkeys, but shortly after the showering ended a second monkey braved climbing the ladder once again.

Again, all five monkeys were showered with cold water. The monkeys were starting to see a pattern. So, the researchers decided to change the scenario. This time they would take out the water and replace one of the monkeys with a new one.

The new monkey comes into the room and notices the banana sitting safely on the ladder. He sees an easy snack and approaches the ladder.

As soon as he starts to climb the other four monkeys attack him. The new monkey doesn’t understand what he did wrong but no longer approaches the ladder.

The researchers continue the new pattern by replacing another monkey.
This new monkey sees the banana and does the same thing as the last monkey to enter the room. Upon climbing the ladder, the original three monkeys attack once again, as well as the first new monkey.

A third, fourth, and eventually fifth monkey is replaced. By now all the new monkeys are attacking each new monkey that tries to get the banana. They’ve never been sprayed for attempting to get the banana but choose to attack each monkey that tries anyways.

Still, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs, but no one really knows why. All the original monkeys who experienced being sprayed with water have been replaced. What is left is 5 monkeys who know that they can’t touch the banana but don’t really know why… because that’s the way its always been done around here.

So, we’re monkeys and we beat each other up when the national championship is sitting right there for us to take? :lol2:

I get your point. Don’t be an old man who is resistant to change. I think most folks wouldn’t mind as much if we were winning.

RBI till

We broke the bank on Chip and Brent. We have no DC. You'll take your RB coach and you'll like it!
That's the problem we broke the bank on 2-10..... an OL coach with promise and pedigree....??

Wrong...we broke it when Stansbury hired Coach Klein and hired him to a 7 yr 20mil plus deal.....because He's a winner and was .500 at Tulane right after the guy who got them to 10 wins left and did it somewhere else....we get this guy who's exactly what we Stans wanted and now we're the proud owner of Absoluuuuuutely Nothing to pay attention to

If Gibbs decides to come back, and he should, we should be a much, much better team. Pitt is taking a huge hit in experience next season.

BTW, anyone notice that Pickett has decided to skip the Peach Bowl? He's training for the combine instead
I see no reason why we shouldn’t win the Coastal next year.
Duke - new coach
VT - new coach
Miami - new coach
UVA - new coach
Pitt - losing their good players
UNC - we beat them this year (and aren’t they losing their qb?)

Duke - new coach
VT - new coach
Miami - new coach
UVA - new coach
Miami's new coach is a significant upgrade over their previous one and there is talent there. But the other new coaches (and more importantly, the departure of some very experienced QB's) should make it possible to win many more games if our defensive backfield remembers they're supposed to cover people.

Duke - new coach
VT - new coach
Miami - new coach
UVA - new coach
You mean there’s a chance someone else made a öööötier hire than we did?

I’m afraid not. Some will prove to be bad hires. None will be that bad.
Bro the people on here think Collins was the right move. He didn’t put Temple on the map. He broke even and pitched our idiot AD on Matt Rhules’s success

they’re too smart for real football chatter. They just know Air Raid works because it works against the defensive prowess of our fearless leader

Bro the people on here think Collins was the right move. He didn’t put Temple on the map. He broke even and pitched our idiot AD on Matt Rhules’s success

they’re too smart for real football chatter. They just know Air Raid works because it works against the defensive prowess of our fearless leader
You're projecting about how others feel, and you are wrong. There are realists on us here who are not happy with our performance on the field (hint: nobody is) but realize we are in no position to make a change right now. We have a new OC and several new position coaches who can hopefully help right the ship. The OC looks like a good move. The RB coach seems solid.

We made the moves we can afford to make at this time and, if it doesn't work, everyone on here realizes next season is Collins' last.

So, try to not be the miserable douche you and a few others continually are. NOBODY is happy with our performance on the field. NOBODY is happy with three 3 win seasons, despite you douchebags claiming some are. Give it a rest.

Collins is our coach for next season. I highly suggest you take an extended break from GT football, with a few others on the board. If the changes work for next season, defense, OL, Sims balls out, you can just jump right back on the bandwagon like nothing ever happened.

Until then, STFU with the repetitive posts about how much you dislike our staff. There is football to be played and discussed. Your "hurr durr, I hate Collins" BS gets old

You're projecting about how others feel, and you are wrong. There are realists on us here who are not happy with our performance on the field (hint: nobody is) but realize we are in no position to make a change right now. We have a new OC and several new position coaches who can hopefully help right the ship. The OC looks like a good move. The RB coach seems solid.

We made the moves we can afford to make at this time and, if it doesn't work, everyone on here realizes next season is Collins' last.

So, try to not be the miserable douche you and a few others continually are. NOBODY is happy with our performance on the field. NOBODY is happy with three 3 win seasons, despite you douchebags claiming some are. Give it a rest.

Collins is our coach for next season. I highly suggest you take an extended break from GT football, with a few others on the board. If the changes work for next season, defense, OL, Sims balls out, you can just jump right back on the bandwagon like nothing ever happened.

Until then, STFU with the repetitive posts about how much you dislike our staff. There is football to be played and discussed. Your "hurr durr, I hate Collins" BS gets old
Well if you just admit he’s an awful coach, was an awful hire, and Tstan signed him to a god awful contract that should be a firing offense for himself as well. Then we would be more likely to move on and wait more patiently perhaps. Probably not, both should be shown the door tomorrow. Learn to live with that as a consensus, at least for Collins. Then you won’t have to waste anymore of your worthless time telling the majority that they should shut up because the truth makes you butthurt.

Duke - new coach
VT - new coach
Miami - new coach
UVA - new coach
I could agree if we could only add….
GT - new coach

edit: @MACHETE beat me to the punch.

Back