Football Scoop: New RB coach

All I'm saying is, there is absolutely no reason not to fish for kids from Cincinnati and DC Catholic schools who might actually value high-end academics and being in a city, rather than simply being able to overlook it and scrape by like the country kids from the south do. Cincinnati, Michigan State, and Kentucky have built legitimate programs by feasting on all the high-3* and low-4* players that Ohio State doesn't want, and we could totally get some.

GT is at its best as a national recruiter, almost all of our big name players were from outside of Dixie.
Nomar: California
Varitek: Michigan
Teixeira: Maryland
Marbury/Anderson: NYC
Mark Price: Oklahoma
Shumpert: Chicago
Bosh: Texas

GT should overall recruit more like Duke or Notre Dame than Clemson.
Way to bring up names from 20 years ago and no football players

I’m hoping this is a good thing for us. I like Choice, but in terms of people really tied to the stupid stuff about Collins that we are sick of (the culture and marketing stuff), Choice seemed to be primary. He has a lot of Sideshow Bob in him and I’m not 100% sold on his actual coaching abilities.

This is crazy. CTC is the real deal and will be sorely missed in the locker room, on the field and in recruiting.

That said, time to move on and support the new guy.

We had 4 star RBs lining up to play for CTC and he was the only coach on the team visibly telling his players they suck, that's hardly going along with Collins' goofy öööö.

Who would invite him to a party?
Nah, he's a GT guy. I'd invite him to a party.

We're just all frustrated by the lack of wins. But I am encouraged that we're getting more & better talent on the team. That is almost never a bad thing and hopefully Coach Long, Coach Tillman, Coach Daniels and the "Coach To be Named Later" will help everyone step their game up and that translates into more W's next fall.

I’m hoping this is a good thing for us. I like Choice, but in terms of people really tied to the stupid stuff about Collins that we are sick of (the culture and marketing stuff), Choice seemed to be primary. He has a lot of Sideshow Bob in him and I’m not 100% sold on his actual coaching abilities.
You're about to find out how much he's respected.

Nah, he's a GT guy. I'd invite him to a party.

We're just all frustrated by the lack of wins. But I am encouraged that we're getting more & better talent on the team. That is almost never a bad thing and hopefully Coach Long, Coach Tillman, Coach Daniels and the "Coach To be Named Later" will help everyone step their game up and that translates into more W's next fall.
Giving gourmet ingredients to a fry cook doesn't mean you're going to get a 5 star meal.

You're about to find out how much he's respected.
Like I said - I like Choice. I just can’t tell how much of what he does is actual coaching of technique type stuff vs how much is hype guy. And all of us bitched about the ATL, 404, 404theculture, and WIN21 stuff, and Choice always seemed to be neck deep in that stuff. That could be him following the lead of the HC. I’ll be interested to see what he does away from Gef.

Like I said - I like Choice. I just can’t tell how much of what he does is actual coaching of technique type stuff vs how much is hype guy. And all of us bitched about the ATL, 404, 404theculture, and WIN21 stuff, and Choice always seemed to be neck deep in that stuff. That could be him following the lead of the HC. I’ll be interested to see what he does away from Gef.
Do you think he was neck deep in it because his boss was pushing it?

I'll bet you are just a riot at parties.

Some folks are happy when everyone is miserable

Nah you guys are just having a reach around party right now and amazingly it's always the same people on this board. The post histories don't lie.

I just call öööö covered strawberries what they actually are instead of praying they'll be delicious.

I didn't say this wasn't going to work or that it was a bad hire, I just said the odds of this randomness coming together is a long shot and if you're denying that fact...continue on with with your rub and tug.

I do agree that no one was going to replace Choice. He was beloved by Tech fans for his recruiting, his inspirational speaking, his career at Tech, his love for Tech, his positions group’s relative performance, etc.

That said, I see no point to dump on the new guy. Let’s see what he can do. This is about what I expected, an up and comer from a G5 school. I’m excited to turn the page to the 2022 season.

Just so everybody understands, I am not "dumping on the new guy." I am just attacking the completely inadequate and totally stupid steps Stansbury has taken since the season ended. I would be a lot more encouraged if he had fired Collins, hired nobody, and appointed anybody left on the staff to be the head coach for one year. Collins is delusional and our program will never improve until he is gone. We have made him a multi millionaire, and he has made us the laughing stock of the world. I would happily support any man, woman or child who took the jobs now occupied by Stansbury and Collins. I know a lot of people are addicted to this regime. I understand, because back in the 1980s, I was the idiot who wanted to keep Dwayne Morrison as our basketball coach. But, I have not personally talked to even one person who thinks that Geoff Collins is or ever will be even a semi-adequate football coach. I just got another Instagram photo from Tech of super cool Geoff looking like a complete clown giving the thumbs up sign and beaming in his sockless shiny clown loafers. Will this diarrhea festival never, ever end?

Just so everybody understands, I am not "dumping on the new guy." I am just attacking the completely inadequate and totally stupid steps Stansbury has taken since the season ended. I would be a lot more encouraged if he had fired Collins, hired nobody, and appointed anybody left on the staff to be the head coach for one year. Collins is delusional and our program will never improve until he is gone. We have made him a multi millionaire, and he has made us the laughing stock of the world. I would happily support any man, woman or child who took the jobs now occupied by Stansbury and Collins. I know a lot of people are addicted to this regime. I understand, because back in the 1980s, I was the idiot who wanted to keep Dwayne Morrison as our basketball coach. But, I have not personally talked to even one person who thinks that Geoff Collins is or ever will be even a semi-adequate football coach. I just got another Instagram photo from Tech of super cool Geoff looking like a complete clown giving the thumbs up sign and beaming in his sockless shiny clown loafers. Will this diarrhea festival never, ever end?
Guess you didnt read the buyout thread.

It's a double-pronged attack: big city environment AND the academics. Do Marbury and Anderson come to play for us if our campus is in Tuscaloosa?

Looking back over my time as a Tech fan, which goes from about 1958 to now, I think these were the things that hurt Tech the most:

1- Getting out of the SEC.

2- Pro sports coming to Atlanta.

The fact that these two things happened at the same time was a double blow.

There are ways to make Tech better at football, but there may be a ceiling. I don't think Tech has the luxury of throwing away seasons and alienating fans. But, that us what Tech is doing. In the end, Tech's biggest problems in football are bad decisions made by the people in charge.

I bet he leaves all the "ATL, 404, 404theculture, and WIN21 stuff" at GT. We'll see.

I bet he leaves all the "ATL, 404, 404theculture, and WIN21 stuff" at GT. We'll see.
I hope so. I admit my bias against him is based on his participation in the three ring juice circus. I’ve always liked Choice and hope he does well whether it’s here or elsewhere, as long as it’s not uga.

Back