Football Tweets

You are forgetting all the costs associated with hosting a game. Security, free food to vips, cleanup, emergency response presence, stc etc. You can't just divide the total revenue by the capacity, and then say $39 a ticket seems too low.

I sometimes wonder how many of you actually graduated from Georgia Tech.
The number he came up with is solely on ticket sales though. Say we average $60 per ticket at 51k, that's $3M in revenue. Do you think it costs $1M for security, food, cleanup, emergency, etc. per game? Even if it does, that's still $2M net not including parking, concessions, or merchandise. I think the $2M is a lowball number that Batt is throwing out there to make that $10M number seem much better. We're guaranteed $10M from MBS but wont be making any $$ on the concessions or parking. We're also paying for the tickets ON TOP of season tickets, so yeah it's "extra" money for GT but it coming at our expense all to play a rivalry game where we don't want to.

The number he came up with is solely on ticket sales though. Say we average $60 per ticket at 51k, that's $3M in revenue. Do you think it costs $1M for security, food, cleanup, emergency, etc. per game? Even if it does, that's still $2M net not including parking, concessions, or merchandise. I think the $2M is a lowball number that Batt is throwing out there to make that $10M number seem much better. We're guaranteed $10M from MBS but wont be making any $$ on the concessions or parking. We're also paying for the tickets ON TOP of season tickets, so yeah it's "extra" money for GT but it coming at our expense all to play a rivalry game where we don't want to.
Next up will be a Tennessee style "NIL surcharge" on top of ST's. GTAA will be like Ticketmaster.

You are forgetting all the costs associated with hosting a game. Security, free food to vips, cleanup, emergency response presence, stc etc. You can't just divide the total revenue by the capacity, and then say $39 a ticket seems too low.

I sometimes wonder how many of you actually graduated from Georgia Tech.
Where did I say that it was $39 per ticket in revenue?

GT - UGA tickets alone are 2-3+ times over $39 per ticket and that does not count revenue from everything else. It should be obvious that this is not a revenue figure. We should be making way more than $39 per ticket for the GT - UGA game at Bobby Dodd.

It was represented to me that we were netting ~$8 million extra ($10M - $2M = $8M) and that the $10M represented the equivalent of 5 GT - UGA games at Bobby Dodd ($10M / $2M = 5). Was not provided with detail on how the $10M or $2M figures were calculated. Assuming based on the way it was represented that they are apples-to-apples for comparison purposes or at least close enough.

Whichever way you massage the numbers, you are not gonna come that close to $10 mil flat fee. (if that's what it is, not clear to me)

The Falcons stadium seats 70k. With average ticket price of $200, and $50 of concessions per person, it's $17.5 million of revenue. I am not sure how they can offer $10 mil just to Georgia Tech as that's just revenue. Maybe they are offering a split of at least $10 mil from the revenue, not from the profit.

Whichever way you massage the numbers, you are not gonna come that close to $10 mil flat fee. (if that's what it is, not clear to me)

The Falcons stadium seats 70k. With average ticket price of $200, and $50 of concessions per person, it's $17.5 million of revenue. I am not sure how they can offer $10 mil just to Georgia Tech as that's just revenue. Maybe they are offering a split of at least $10 mil from the revenue, not from the profit.
Why would UGa get any of the revenue since this is our home game. We are making it happen. If it does generate $15-20 million in revenue, it doesn’t seem like $10 million is unreasonable. Throw in a couple million for costs to put on the event and there should be some meat left on the bone for the organizer

Why would UGa get any of the revenue since this is our home game. We are making it happen. If it does generate $15-20 million in revenue, it doesn’t seem like $10 million is unreasonable. Throw in a couple million for costs to put on the event and there should be some meat left on the bone for the organizer
lol, right. I forgot this was our home game to begin with, not a neutral game or some öööö...

I think the stadium gets a healthy chunk of parking fees too

This is something that someone who has never been to the monument to man's arrogance that is Phoenix would say.

You get fat in these miserable, hell-adjacent cities because, for 6 months of the year, if you leave the house during the interminable daylight hours, your skin will cook off.
South of Tampa, west coast, hot tub of an “ocean” FLA, is worse than Houston or phoenix. 103 with 98% humidity at 10am. And Del boca vista- for the ööööhole win. God is currently trying to destroy it with hurricanes- Ian, Helene, Milton.

Clean Old Fashioned Hate Presented by Athens-Clarke DUI Services

"Athens-Clarke DUI Services. Providing court-ordered, post-DUI driving courses to the DWAGS since 1979."

Clean Old Fashioned Hate presented by Makers Mark
No matter the result you know we'll make it better!¹

1 Makers Mark will be responsible for any drunk driving related damages or deaths

IMG_2070.jpeg

Back