Future Games at MBS

Tstan/GTAA: lol, we took a big dump on our school but dabo promised to buy those extra tickets!
Me: I think hosting big name schools is great for the program.
StingTalk: it’s not that far from campus. 404 chants! We can only sell half the tickets anyways. 2006 ND @BDS was only fun because they were #2. They play NFL games there. There’s no other way to get on television. UGa has a neutral site game. I can wait another 25 years to play them at home. My wife only cheats on the weekends. Omg uniforms! Helicopter. Juicy juice and tweets about Waffle House!

Also stingtalk: We need to run the option so we can be different! We'll never be a better program! It is what it is!

Seriously?

Garbage.

Just burn BDS down. It's just the Wake Forest stadium apparently.

Honestly, re-building that thing wouldn't be the worst idea I've heard. It has great sight-lines and a great location but nearly everything else about it sucks.

I’m on board although I’ve really been looking forward to ND @ BDS -‘06 was great atmosphere.

I enjoyed the build-up to the CFA vs TN, got a room at the Westin, pre-game dinner, etc. but what sucked were my seats. Other than missing out on ND @ BDS, my big gripe will be knowing X number of seats will be set aside for PSL’s, corporates, etc. and I’ll simply have seats that are not as good as my BDS seats.

But that aside, I can see the upside to this.

They didn't say that TBD will be ACC games, they said they won't be announced until the ACC finalizes their schedule. Now obviously that can be taken as we will likely be playing an ACC team but we have one OOC opening in 2021 and 2 in 2023.

As long as we can stay away from OOC patsies.

I love that the video board is up out of the way. Those who want to mostly ignore it can easily do so. It looks incredible too.

Jerry World is the design that sucks. That monster board eats up all the air space and manages to make a huge space feel much smaller. MBS has that expansive feel that is just thrilling.

Carolina stadium is an outdated piece of crap by comparison.
Carolina's stadium > MBS

But we also weren't under the impression that we'd be having two games with them at BDS during that time that then ended up getting rescheduled to play elsewhere (or maybe that did happen, I was too young to know or care for most of that time period).

I mean, I get the reasoning. I'm not going to boycott or throw a hissy fit or anything. And I'll likely still be attending and enjoying myself. It still bums me a out a bit though to move two home games with Notre Dame.

They are still butthurt over the fish tossing incident many moons ago.

They need to make sure ALL of our ST holders are in the lower bowl and the next level. ND fans can have the upper deck

The Tennessee game was fun. I wonder if any of the complainers actually attended it.

The game was fun but I hated the way it ended. Also, IIRC, exiting the stadium after the game was a clusteröööö, but I was a little drunk and a lot disappointed.

Last edited:
Alabama wanted to do this and we said no. Now its a good thing? Give me a break. Its a cash grab.

I'll be there of course but it really takes away from so many things I like most about saturdays in the fall: Being on campus, tailgating with friends in our traditional spot, sitting in my seats with all of the people I've gotten to know over the years, and the great atmosphere of big 330/730 games in BDS' unique setting.

I've supported everything Coach Collins has done since he got to Tech. But, moving our biggest games away from Bobby Dodd Stadium is hurtful and insulting to Tech traditions. Don't they understand that we go to Bobby Dodd Stadium, because we love it there? It evokes wonderful memories of games we attended in the past with loved ones, who are no longer with us. I will never buy or attend (even for free) a Tech game in the ALL RED home of the ALL RED Atlanta Falcons. Have they all lost their minds? They say this will be popular with recruits. Well, why not change our jersey color to RED, because red jerseys are popular with recruits, too. Don't they care at all about fans? And what about Coach Collins saying he wanted to make Bobby Dodd Stadium the center of college football in America, and all the Assistant Coaches talking about loving to walk onto Grant Field and how it's the best setting in America for a football game? Are they all liars? I'm mad and hurt by this stupid decision.

Alabama wanted to do this and we said no. Now its a good thing? Give me a break. Its a cash grab.

I'll be there of course but it really takes away from so many things I like most about saturdays in the fall: Being on campus, tailgating with friends in our traditional spot, sitting in my seats with all of the people I've gotten to know over the years, and the great atmosphere of big 330/730 games in BDS' unique setting.

:bigcry:

Its a cash grab. Waaaaahhhhhh

I've supported everything Coach Collins has done since he got to Tech. But, moving our biggest games away from Bobby Dodd Stadium is hurtful and insulting to Tech traditions. Don't they understand that we go to Bobby Dodd Stadium, because we love it there? It evokes wonderful memories of games we attended in the past with loved ones, who are no longer with us. I will never buy or attend (even for free) a Tech game in the ALL RED home of the ALL RED Atlanta Falcons. Have they all lost their minds? They say this will be popular with recruits. Well, why not change our jersey color to RED, because red jerseys are popular with recruits, too. Don't they care at all about fans? And what about Coach Collins saying he wanted to make Bobby Dodd Stadium the center of college football in America, and all the Assistant Coaches talking about loving to walk onto Grant Field and how it's the best setting in America for a football game? Are they all liars? I'm mad and hurt by this stupid decision.

I'm just waiting to see what decision Collins decides to make with Pastner.

How about reading the thread? Do you really think Collins was the one who made this decision? It was the AD, all the way.

You sound old and like you need a drink.

And to answer one of your questions, no, it has jack öööö to do with the fans, it is about the money and has been for over two decades.

If you are the head man, you don't even have to think twice what Tech fans will say / think / feel. You know they are going to complain. But, if it helps the long term health of the program (which I think this does) then you do what is right.

I don't get why trading a home game with 30-40% away fans for a neutral site game 1 mile away, on national TV, in a great venue that will be 50% away fans is even an issue.

The Tennessee game was fun. I wonder if any of the complainers actually attended it.

I flew in to attend it. I left thinking the stadium was pretty cool but that I much preferred the on-campus experience.

It just didn't feel like a college football game, and certainly not a Tech game. You couldn't hear the bands, the tailgating experience wasn't even close to as good, the stadium itself was very obviously not a college football stadium, etc.

College football is about a lot more than just the game itself. A big part of why I love going to college football games is tailgating, walking around campus and soaking in the atmosphere, and then attending a game in an outdoor stadium with a nice backdrop and all the quirks you get with old college stadiums.

You only get to do that six times a year, and for us very-out-of-towners usually only once or twice a year. Now it will be one less time a year, and for people who can only make one or two games a difficult choice on what to give up (big game versus on-campus.)

Last edited:
Chill people. Trust coach. If he does this it is part of a master plan that is much bigger than you being less than 100% plussed on one or two saturdays.
If this is part of his "master plan," he doesn't have a "master plan." This decision is so bad that I don't trust TS or Collins any more.
How about reading the thread? Do you really think Collins was the one who made this decision? It was the AD, all the way.

You sound old and like you need a drink.

And to answer one of your questions, no, it has jack öööö to do with the fans, it is about the money and has been for over two decades.
You sound young and like you don't need another drink. I don't believe that TS makes a decision of this magnitude w/o consulting Collins... and it fits right in with Collins' ideas to me. If it was TS's idea, why didn't he do it before Collins got here?

I flew in to attend it. I left thinking the stadium was pretty cool but that I much preferred the on-campus experience.

It just didn't feel like a college football game, and certainly not a Tech game. You couldn't hear the bands, the tailgating experience wasn't even close to as good, the stadium itself was very obviously not Tech's (or Tennessee's for that matter), etc.

College football is about a lot more than just the game itself. A big part of why I love going to college football games is tailgating, walking around campus and soaking in the atmosphere, and then attending a game in an outdoor stadium with a nice backdrop and all the quirks you get with old college stadiums.

You only get to do that six times a year, and for us very-out-of-towners usually only once or twice a year. Now it will be one less time a year, and for people who can only make one or two a difficult choice on what to give up (big game versus on-campus.)

Very fair points. From a fan standpoint, it's definitely not the ideal short-term plan. Hopefully it provides an added boost in recruiting and helps the program get where it needs to be financially so that we don't need to make these sorts of moves in the future. I'd be okay with a game in MBS every 2-3 years, though.

If this is part of his "master plan," he doesn't have a "master plan." This decision is so bad that I don't trust TS or Collins any more.

You sound young and like you don't need another drink. I don't believe that TS makes a decision of this magnitude w/o consulting Collins... and it fits right in with Collins' ideas to me. If it was TS's idea, why didn't he do it before Collins got here?

I'd be shocked if Collins is orchestrating 5-year scheduling deals in his first few months on the job.

Back