Future Games at MBS

Chill people. Trust coach. If he does this it is part of a master plan that is much bigger than you being less than 100% plussed on one or two saturdays.
If this is part of his "master plan," he doesn't have a "master plan." This decision is so bad that I don't trust TS or Collins any more.
If it gives us a chance to make more money than at BDS and brings exposure to the program then it’s not stupid. I support.
To Hell with the money. I'd rather drop football than take our home games away fr Bobby Dodd Stadium. Stupidest things Tech has EVER done.

If this is part of his "master plan," he doesn't have a "master plan." This decision is so bad that I don't trust TS or Collins any more.

To Hell with the money. I'd rather drop football than take our home games away fr Bobby Dodd Stadium. Stupidest things Tech has EVER done.

So you'd rather have no football at all than one less true home game? Give me seven home games or give me death!

I'd be shocked if Collins is orchestrating 5-year scheduling deals in his first few months on the job.
I'd be shocked if this was done w/o Collins' input and approval. Taking the biggest games away fr BDS should get people fired.

You sound young and like you don't need another drink. I don't believe that TS makes a decision of this magnitude w/o consulting Collins... and it fits right in with Collins' ideas to me. If it was TS's idea, why didn't he do it before Collins got here?

The talks were already well underway. CPJ was even asked about such a plan last year, though there weren't specifics yet. (Spoiler alert: He wasn't a fan of it)

Now, is this is a cash grab? To a large degree, yes. And we need the cash. We just spent the reserves on the new coaching staff and I would imagine TStan is milking the traditional funding avenues dry right now for all the big stuff he and CGC have planned. This isn't going to be so bad. We will go, we will drink and we will have a great time. Maybe we will even win a couple of them.

I'd be shocked if this was done w/o Collins' input and approval. Taking the biggest games away fr BDS should get people fired.

I'm sure he was consulted, but I think you and some others are putting disproportionate emphasis on his role in this decision. This is obviously first and foremost a monetary decision in the works long before his arrival.

Taking our biggest home games away fr Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field and moving them to an ALL RED stadium down the street is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If we can't afford to play home games at home, we should just drop sports. We built the big end zone stands for the big games, but now we're moving the big games down the street to an ALL RED stadium. Unbelievably stupid.

If it was TS's idea, why didn't he do it before Collins got here?

I bet he was in the process of orchestrating this well before Collins got here. Things like this take a year or more to put together, and don't forget that Stansbury hasn't exactly been here a long time.

I also don't think Collins, as a newly hired coach from a mid-major, has the clout to veto something like this. CPJ may have, given his tenure.

Taking our biggest home games away fr Bobby Dodd Stadium at Historic Grant Field and moving them to an ALL RED stadium down the street is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If we can't afford to play home games at home, we should just drop sports. We built the big end zone stands for the big games, but now we're moving the big games down the street to an ALL RED stadium. Unbelievably stupid.

As my posts have shown, I hate this decision too, but you need to chill. No one's dying here.

Maybe the worst post I have ever read. Bunch of babies.

You need a Demerol or something.

New level of bitchiness in here. Congrats guys, didn't think it could get anymore petty. GT makes a decision that makes more $ and increases exposure and y'all piss on it. Both of which gets the program to where we all want to go. Been reading for years how we don't sell out, attendance sucks, nobody shows up on time, parking sucks, tailgating sucks, etc., and now the argument against moving a game is BDS atmosphere is second to none. Well done. I've said it before, half this board would complain about winning a national title.

I bet he was in the process of orchestrating this well before Collins got here.

You guys are not giving Collins enough credit here. I think it is pretty clear that Collins started orchestrating this some time last summer. Convincing Johnson to retire was 1(a) on his agenda and this was a close 1(b).

You guys are not giving Collins enough credit here. I think it is pretty clear that Collins started orchestrating this some time last summer. Convincing Johnson to retire was 1(a) on his agenda and this was a close 1(b).

I heard he is also behind the lack of Adidas apparel in the bookstore.

New level of bitchiness in here. Congrats guys, didn't think it could get anymore petty. GT makes a decision that makes more $ and increases exposure and y'all piss on it. Both of which gets the program to where we all want to go. Been reading for years how we don't sell out, attendance sucks, nobody shows up on time, parking sucks, tailgating sucks, etc., and now the argument against moving a game is BDS atmosphere is second to none. Well done. I've said it before, half this board would complain about winning a national title.

If people are complaining that we don't get good crowds at BDS, then I don't see how taking the few games that would bring good crowds to BDS and moving them to a different stadium is supposed to make them happy.

Back