Future Games at MBS

I know a lot of you are bitching right now but I also know more of will you show up to a night game at the Benz than a nooner or 3 o'clock or even a 7 o'clock game at Bobby Dodd. I saw how Tech fans filled more than half the Benz against Tennessee, yet we let more Clemson, uga or FSU fans fill up Bobby Dodd. So its actually gaining a home game not losing one. Its also moving our game to prime time which means more exposure and kids like being on tv in prime time, which helps with recruiting. Its also adding an extra few million dollars to our coffers which is much needed. So really it's a no brainer. But bitch away, talk about how you will probably cancel plans to go these games now eventhough it's more than a year away, or how you might even cancel season tickets, nobody really gives a öööö, and you will not do any of that.

There's an old Turkish saying for these situations.

İt ürür, kervan yürür.
(Atasözü) Dogs bark, but the caravan goes on. An ancient Turkish proverb meaning: You are too insignificant to influence the course of events that surround you. Used to put down someone's efforts or words and meaning that it won't have any effect on the outcome.

There's an old Turkish saying for these situations.

There's an old Armenian saying as well: "Turkey is a piece of öööö country which will never get into the EU. If it keeps ööööing around, it will end up like Syria"

The Ottoman era is never coming back, believe that. Except maybe in my den.

Sheesh!

You didn't like CPJ anymore. He's gone, but at a price, though not as much as a termination would have cost.

You didn't like CPJ's offense. It's gone, but at a price, though not as much as a termination would have cost.

You were/are excited about CGC and his new "Not Sewak/Not Roof" staff, complete with GT alumni for assistants, but he came at a cost, though not as much as a "hostile takeover" would have cost.

You have at various times complained & bragged about AI2020, but at a cost.

All these things cost money.

TStan, though he didn't author the stadium expansion, is on the hook for the tab.

TStan, although he didn't author the original CPJ contract, nor the CPH nor the CBG contracts, is on the hook for the tab. Getting out from under CPJ's contract - essentially a $ for $ switch to CGC - was a stroke of luck to get a young up & comer who gets the modern CFB marketing & recruiting environment.

You'd be pissing & moaning if TStan wasn't trying to work the problem "outside the box." You may not like the solution path TStan's chosen, but that's not your job. He's worked a solution path to rebuild the Emergency Fund, go after the long term projects, and keep the GTAA afloat. Would you have rather used the Bobby Bowden method early on at F$U of playing anyone, anytime, anywhere for a payday? If only MBB would help..... but I digress.

Get a life. Grow up. It's gonna cost and you ain't in charge. I hate Blank's Folly as much as the next, it's a poorly marked, poorly accessible firetrap, but if it helps draw down the GTAA debt in the short haul, I guess I can live with my seats (2017 UT game sect 221, row 3) vice the Letterwinners Section in North Club Level once a year for the next five years.

TStan's gotta make it work. Unless you've got $25MM to hand over to ease TStan's pain, see what you can do to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Lol... Were not gonna play those teams. Were gonna be playing conference teams, probably VPISU and Louisville.

Sweet mother of Pearl - really?

I was talking about playing n.d. once and then telling them to f.o. for the second game. Not the 2 TBD games.

And then play one of those other teams instead of n.d. the 2nd scheduled n.d. game slot.

I know it won’t happen, but if so many jackwads can complain about not being able to raise enough money in over a years time for tickets, or how there is no chance to improve our program, or how butthurt they are that they have to tailgate at MBS for one freaking game, and how long it takes to get home from an event like it is their daily work time drive, or how great it was about 13 years ago in a game we lost - then by Heavens it was ok for me to throw that out.

So continue to LOL about something you could not comprehend.

By the way they broke down ticket allotment I'd guess the other two would be ooc games. I'm guessing we provide acc visitors with a different amount than ooc visitors, and I'd also guess this could be easily verified.

There's an old Armenian saying as well: "Turkey is a piece of öööö country which will never get into the EU. If it keeps ööööing around, it will end up like Syria"

The Ottoman era is never coming back, believe that. Except maybe in my den.
Yeah but nobody gives a öööö about Armenians either.

Blank's folly? The guy just bought a 200M yacht with some of those PSL's. Say what you will, but he knows business.

Once the first fire hits, people can't get out & die, & he gets sued out the wazzu, that 200MM yacht will be up for auction for a song. He may know business, but that place is a disaster waiting to happen.

Sweet mother of Pearl - really?

I was talking about playing n.d. once and then telling them to f.o. for the second game. Not the 2 TBD games.

And then play one of those other teams instead of n.d. the 2nd scheduled n.d. game slot.

I know it won’t happen, but if so many jackwads can complain about not being able to raise enough money in over a years time for tickets, or how there is no chance to improve our program, or how butthurt they are that they have to tailgate at MBS for one freaking game, and how long it takes to get home from an event like it is their daily work time drive, or how great it was about 13 years ago in a game we lost - then by Heavens it was ok for me to throw that out.

So continue to LOL about something you could not comprehend.
I understand that you want to play marquee teams in these games rather than ND for a second game. I also understand that not only will you not be getting your wish about not paying ND again, we won't even be playing those kinds of marquee teams in the TBD games.

Presuming this is indeed a cash grab, exactly how much more money are we going to get from playing ND in the Benz? It was a guaranteed sellout in our own facility which is a sunk cost. I doubt Blank is going to let us play in the Benz for free.

I'm not convinced we make much more money playing there. I'm not convinced we make any more money.

Are we really this stupid?

The first thing that's going to come from it is UGA is going to demand all GT home games be played at the Benz, while all UGA home games are still played in Athens. Then FSU, Miami, ND, and Clemson will do the same. Then the only games in Bobby Dodd will be Wake Forest or whatever. Then we will forever become a whore to the football factories.

So.

Dumb.

Dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Sadly true

I understand that you want to play marquee teams in these games rather than ND for a second game. I also understand that not only will you not be getting your wish about not paying ND again, we won't even be playing those kinds of marquee teams in the TBD games.

As Seinfeld says - “I don’t think you do.”

Presuming this is indeed a cash grab, exactly how much more money are we going to get from playing ND in the Benz? It was a guaranteed sellout in our own facility which is a sunk cost. I doubt Blank is going to let us play in the Benz for free.

I'm not convinced we make much more money playing there. I'm not convinced we make any more money.

So TStan is an idiot, lying, or what?

Or is he so smart and/or devious to do this to distract from uniform questions?

All this complaining about losing a 'home' game... but didn't we have our lowest average attendance last year since the stadium expanded? The game day attendance was definitely the lowest I can remember since I started as a student in 2005.
Thats because CPJ was boring as öööö

So TStan is an idiot, lying, or what?

If the defense of this thing is "we need the money," then how much are we getting more than we would have gotten otherwise? Someone give me an idea. I bet it's not much more once you account for the lost BDS revenue.

FE99007E-BBA0-436E-B0F6-01E3BC32CF70.jpeg
Once the first fire hits, people can't get out & die, & he gets sued out the wazzu, that 200MM yacht will be up for auction for a song. He may know business, but that place is a disaster waiting to happen.

Back