Future Games at MBS

A lot of Tech fans would rather throw their hands up and claim there's no way we can improve in recruiting and overall stature than get on board with the efforts to actually do so.

They remind of the one guy who, during the ccg era, claimed (I can't recall which site) that we could not recruit a single player from the state of Ga.

I love this. Brilliant by TStan. Excellent for branding, recruiting, exposure.

I would have liked to see us play only once against ND, but other than that, perfect.

I would like to play n.d. once and then play nebraska, psu, texas, usc, uf, ut, mich, wvu, oklahoma, auburn, aTm, lsu, colorado, wash, and many others before playing n.d. again. They have nothing to do with the ACC.

I would like to play n.d. once and then play nebraska, psu, texas, usc, uf, ut, mich, wvu, oklahoma, auburn, aTm, lsu, colorado, wash, and many others before playing n.d. again. They have nothing to do with the ACC.

I agree, if we want to play cult schools, let's just swap in BYU again.

I'd much rather play another flagship school like UW, Mich, Cal, etc.

If this is part of his "master plan," he doesn't have a "master plan." This decision is so bad that I don't trust TS or Collins any more.

To Hell with the money. I'd rather drop football than take our home games away fr Bobby Dodd Stadium. Stupidest things Tech has EVER done.

Then you were not around when the idiots Harrison & Dodd got us out of the sec. Definition of stupidest.

Maybe we can get Bama back on the schedule now.

I think this whole thing sucks, but I will be over it by gameday.

Put me in the category of waiting to see the details. The exposure could be huge with this. We need the money, but, even more, we need the exposure right now. If CGC knows anything, it's exposure recruits players.

Then again it could also suck major donkey balls. Tune in for the presser tomorrow to find out.
O’Leary, to much wailing and knashing of teeth, embraced Thursday night games because exposure. I don’t think it hurt, and may have helped.

Playing in MB stadium is big time and if GC can pull off an upset or two in that house, all of a sudden it becomes “our house” away from home and a new GT tradition. But we gotta win.

We already have a balls deep schedule and you want to add Bama?
I was more referring to the deal we had and they backed out of when we wouldn't move to the dome.

But yes, add bama. We play Clemson, UGA, and mediocre ACC teams. If Coach can get the players in here that he wants and we play at the level he keeps talking about, shouldn't be a problem.

Why are you scared of Bama?

Lol... Were not gonna play those teams. Were gonna be playing conference teams, probably VPISU and Louisville.

Top complaints from Tech fans.
-Too many noon games (assuming these are prime time)
-Too hot in August/September (not inside MBS)
-Food options / pricing at Bobby Dodd suck (MBS has great, affordable concessions)
-We need to recruit 4* and 5* guys (hey blue chipper, come to Tech for all the Tech stuff and we'll throw in 1 game per year on national TV against a big time opponent in one of the best stadiums in the country. May as well get used to it, you'll be playing in stadiums like this on Sundays).
-We need to win more (money begets winning begets money)
-We need to capitalize on our competitive advantages (1 mile away from campus, recruits will love the idea of playing at MBS - 5 year deal means 1 game per year for their entire time at Tech if they commit this year and next year)
-Home games have too many away fans as Tech fans don't show up (break even on this)
-We need more nationally televised games (here you go)
-Parking sucks (not .9 miles down the road)

Now, these games need to be included in the season ticket package like Tennessee was and all that, but seems like a good business decision to me.

We're all in on the next 2 recruiting classes, then the pump will be primed. No looking back.

Bump because it needs it

All this complaining about losing a 'home' game... but didn't we have our lowest average attendance last year since the stadium expanded? The game day attendance was definitely the lowest I can remember since I started as a student in 2005.

All this complaining about losing a 'home' game... but didn't we have our lowest average attendance last year since the stadium expanded? The game day attendance was definitely the lowest I can remember since I started as a student in 2005.
Pretty sure the results on the field and the apathy toward the program had a lot to do with that. There's a lot of energy around the program right now - especially from former players. I'm not saying we're going to sell out every game, but I expect a significant increase in ticket sales and attendance figures this year.

I don't think the folks on this message board are the culprit. I definitely see the argument from the majority who are upset about losing a game at BDS, and I do not disagree, but I think this move helps the bigger picture. But both ND games at MBS sucks.

I was more referring to the deal we had and they backed out of when we wouldn't move to the dome.

But yes, add bama. We play Clemson, UGA, and mediocre ACC teams. If Coach can get the players in here that he wants and we play at the level he keeps talking about, shouldn't be a problem.

Why are you scared of Bama?
Not scared of them. But having consecutive 10 win seasons would be a nice occurrence in the modern era. Piling on the schedule when we have to face two top five teams already kinda hurts

Like someone else suggested I'd be a big fan of using MBS as something similar to the WLOCP in Jax, with Clemson as the permanent opponent.
Absolutely not. I’m not in favor of it, but I understand it. It connects us with the NFL. We tell our recruits they will play on the biggest stage every single year. And we don’t share that with anyone. Why give Clemson that same recruiting point? No way hell no absolutely positively no way in hell.

Yes...and moving the few well-attended games away from BDS will just make it even worse.

Can we vote some people off the island after this thread?

I usually tell 92.9 to screw off (aloud in my car) when they talk about how all Tech fans do is complain, but today on the way home after reading this thread when it got brought up I had to remain silent and reflect.

Back