Gameday Thread - 2023 Season Opener: Louisville @ GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO poor tackling in the second half is the single biggest factor in this loss.

That was definitely a factor; but hopefully that one can be corrected. Some of the other problems will be harder to fix. Still the guys fought to the end, that's plus.

This thread is usually locked by now

It looked too much like the 1st quarter, the fear is it was not conservatism

I feel we’re knocking the dust off of a program that was allowed to get really stagnant over the past three years. The biggest (and most important) improvements over last year are the upswing in competency on the field and a team playing with some real discipline.

The big things that haven’t changed are we still don’t know how to wrap a guy up on a tackle and both lines not demonstrating consistent strength at the LOS. Yet, even in that regard, there were some gems … gotta see some more of those.

1. Too conservative play calling
2. No pass rush
3. Tackling sucked.
4. Got manhandled in the trenches.

It's not going to get easier.

I feel we’re knocking the dust off of a program that was allowed to get really stagnant over the past three years. The biggest (and most important) improvements over last year are the upswing in competency on the field and a team playing with some real discipline.

The big things that haven’t changed are we still don’t know how to wrap a guy up on a tackle and both lines not demonstrating consistent strength at the LOS. Yet, even in that regard, there were some gems … gotta see some more of those.

We looked like dumbass the 2H ….. now imagine if this was Clemson or olmiss

So I’m really not sure what to take away from tonight’s game. We need a new DC, I do believe. Just don’t like the approach. Too much poor execution and not enough adjustments to get pressure on the QB.

I think the O will be OK in time as they learn our strengths and weaknesses. When is the last time we scored 36 offensive points against a P5 team?

I have a very Gailey-esque feeling right now. Like we let a winnable game get away.

With all that went on in the last 4 minutes, easy to forget we were about to take the lead at around 3:00 left before sack/fumble. Crazy how fast things can change.

That sucked after 8 someodd plays. Giving up a zillion yard run after is what sank us. Our DC bought into “just the tip” immediately afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back