Gameday Thread - 2023 Season Opener: Louisville @ GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 2 drives from each team were as follows UL 6:41 field goal, redzone stop
GT 0:49 punt
UL 2:49 touchdown
GT 2:42 punt

Please tell me how that isn’t Buster’s fault?

Because we were +15 to start the second half.

13 in a half is a loss for an fbs team (d)
28 in a half is a win (o)

7 in a half is a loss for an fbs team (o)
26 in a half is ghastly for an fbs team (d)

35 in a game should win for an fbs team.
39 is a near certain loss for an fbs team.

Basically, the O was uneven, but an overall win at our level.
Tge D put together two losing halves. You can argue that the defensive effort in the first half was a push for a hurryup offense. The second half was dogshit.

For the O, the first half was a win and the second half was a loss. The D lost both halves with the second being embarrassingly bad.

Personally, I felt like I saw improvement in the team. Obviously we have things to be worked on. But the team attitude and effort seemed to be much better than when Clown was here.

Personally, I felt like I saw improvement in the team. Obviously we have things to be worked on. But the team attitude and effort seemed to be much better than when Clown was here.
BTW, just for the record, I'm not happy with the loss. We had a couple of opportunities to win it and we blew it. But I see potential for improvement and I'm still cautiously optimistic .

Who thought we were going to come out and roll Louisville? I mean, not that they are juggernauts or anything, but they have comparable talent, a more experienced staff, have been better than us the last several seasons, and were favored. They are expected to be a pretty good team this year. I think we fans started tasting victory in the first half and the crash back down to earth hurt more because of it. It amped up the negativity. I'm disappointed as the next guy, and I want the status quo to change such that we leave teams like Louisville in the dust, but we aren't there yet. I hope that's where Key has us headed.

Who thought we were going to come out and roll Louisville? I mean, not that they are juggernauts or anything, but they have comparable talent, a more experienced staff, have been better than us the last several seasons, and were favored. They are expected to be a pretty good team this year. I think we fans started tasting victory in the first half and the crash back down to earth hurt more because of it. It amped up the negativity. I'm disappointed as the next guy, and I want the status quo to change such that we leave teams like Louisville in the dust, but we aren't there yet. I hope that's where Key has us headed.
We actually did come out an roll Louisville, chief. We let them back in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back