Genuine Question

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Dude , why are you so stubborn?

Attendance was listed as 36K & change so make that 19K empty seats

Everything you listed above is fixed by better players, specifically better linemen on both sides of the ball.

All Coaches attend the same seminars, learn the same drills & techniques, with the exception of a few Clock Mgmt strategies, Special Teams Decisions, maybe 4th Down calls all coaching is substantially equal to other Coaching, what determines winners and losers is Players, linemen first, then QBs , then DBs, then all the other skill positions.

It is all about the Players, if it was about Coaching, our genius previous HC had 1 month to get ready for Iowa and LSU in those first 2 Bowl Games, but coaching meant nothing while we got smoked by 2 Teams with a lot more Athletes than we had at that time.

Better players solves everything, CFB is nothing like it was 70 yrs when Dodd was the HC.

I wish our Fans (not you OP) would forget bygone Eras and try to understand CFB in 2021.
A couple photos from the Pitt game

Attachments

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I’m getting a ton of hate, and I expect it from this thread, but what improvement have we seen? Sure we played lights out last week against UNC, but are we sure it’s not because we were playing in MBS? This is worse than the Clemson game last year, our O Line seems to have just hit collapse mode. We have zero pressure on the QB, like I just don’t see it at all. And I want genuine answers because I want to see where some of you actually stand on this topic.
I'm just happy that when we get blown out, we aren't getting blown out running a high school offense. All is well.

Dude , why are you so stubborn?

Attendance was listed as 36K & change so make that 19K empty seats

Everything you listed above is fixed by better players, specifically better linemen on both sides of the ball.

All Coaches attend the same seminars, learn the same drills & techniques, with the exception of a few Clock Mgmt strategies, Special Teams Decisions, maybe 4th Down calls all coaching is substantially equal to other Coaching, what determines winners and losers is Players, linemen first, then QBs , then DBs, then all the other skill positions.

It is all about the Players, if it was about Coaching, our genius previous HC had 1 month to get ready for Iowa and LSU in those first 2 Bowl Games, but coaching meant nothing while we got smoked by 2 Teams with a lot more Athletes than we had at that time.

Better players solves everything, CFB is nothing like it was 70 yrs when Dodd was the HC.

I wish our Fans (not you OP) would forget bygone Eras and try to understand CFB in 2021.
It would help if our coaches, from CCG down, understood CFB in 2021

GT98

Dodd-Like
Garbage or Collins isn't too bright then as his in-game management is quite poor. The hope is that if GT is trying to emulate the Clemson head coach as a cheerleader model, that they (too) would have top notch coordinators to help mask/cover up the head guy's shortcomings.

I do agree w/the line play and recruiting suggests that that is on the uptick. Hopefully, Key can get the OL playing better over the next several weeks.

But no way, no how in college football is coaching substantially equal.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
A couple photos from the Pitt game
The first pic was well before kickoff. The LW looked full to me and UW had more than I've seen at a game so far this year. The 2nd pic is south endzone student seats. They need to be done away with. Nobody wants to sit there where you can't see the video board.

johncu

Dodd-Like
More rushing yards is the cure to everything even when losing!
Outsmarting your opponent is the cure to everything, especially when you will never be able to out-athlete some of the teams on your schedule. I don’t give a öööö what system we use to do it, all I know is we aren’t doing it anymore.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Garbage or Collins isn't too bright then as his in-game management is quite poor. The hope is that if GT is trying to emulate the Clemson head coach as a cheerleader model, that they (too) would have top notch coordinators to help mask/cover up the head guy's shortcomings.

I do agree w/the line play and recruiting suggests that that is on the uptick. Hopefully, Key can get the OL playing better over the next several weeks.

But no way, no how in college football is coaching substantially equal.
Yes it is!

Every time a "Genius Playcaller" from College goes to the NFL where there is a Salary Cap and the League is designed to create parity, those geniuses from College get a rude wake up call and many wish they could go back to college unless they just hate the Recruiting aspect or worrying about making Players go to Class.

Look no further than Urban Meyer, he is already packing it in trying to find a way to weasel his way out and go after the USC Job.

Amazing that Urban's Genius Talents and play calling have seemingly evaporated into thin air?

Where have his genius "Coaching 'em up" skills gone to?

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Outsmarting your opponent is the cure to everything, especially when you will never be able to out-athlete some of the teams on your schedule. I don’t give a öööö what system we use to do it, all I know is we aren’t doing it anymore.
There is no more out smarting your opponent anymore, HSs are running the same stuff Colleges and Pros run, and the Camp Circuit gives these guys year round development of FB skills.

When is the last time any college FB Program out smarted another?

Heck , in recent years even uga has played smarter FB than we have, they miss fewer assignments and they make fewer Mental Mistakes (except for 2nd & 26), than we do.

johncu

Dodd-Like
There is no more out smarting your opponent anymore, HSs are running the same stuff Colleges and Pros run, and the Camp Circuit gives these guys year round development of FB skills.

When is the last time any college FB Program out smarted another?

Heck , in recent years even uga has played smarter FB than we have, they miss fewer assignments and they make fewer Mental Mistakes (except for 2nd & 26), than we do.
Huh? Teams outsmart each other all the time. Some coaches are better game planners, teachers, or play callers than others. That’s how you get teams that consistently outperform their talent. How else do you think Coastal Carolina is suddenly blowing people out without any real NFL talent?

For the last 25ish years, I think we outsmarted our opponents more often than not. Friedgen and CPJ did it on nearly a weekly basis on offense. Even Gailey was better overall than most of his opponents, IMO. We aren’t doing that at the moment. I think that’s the biggest beef against CGC - not people pining for the option specifically.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Huh? Teams outsmart each other all the time. Some coaches are better game planners, teachers, or play callers than others. That’s how you get teams that consistently outperform their talent. How else do you think Coastal Carolina is suddenly blowing people out without any real NFL talent?

For the last 25ish years, I think we outsmarted our opponents more often than not. Friedgen and CPJ did it on nearly a weekly basis on offense. Even Gailey was better overall than most of his opponents, IMO. We aren’t doing that at the moment. I think that’s the biggest beef against CGC - not people pining for the option specifically.
Coastal Carolina gets a lot of transfers from the P5 vs a schedule from the the G5 that makes them look better than they really are.

Coastal Carolina ain't out smarting people.