George Pickens

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
True story. Yesterday I was getting gas at QT near Fayetteville, and wearing a GT hat. Guy comes walking out of the store wearing a high visibility construction vest walking to a construction company truck a couple of pumps away. Guy stares at me for a sec, then raises his fist and yells “Go Dawgs!”

I just shook my head in bemusement. It’s such a weird impulse at a random gas station in March.

JRjr
I yell THWG at every person wearing dwag gear, doesn't matter if it's a little old lady or otherwise. The most fun is when they have a bumper sticker and I happen to pull up next to them, ask them to roll down the window, then say "THWG", "Dawgs Suck!", or something similar.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
One night when I was 19, I was alone in the center of a semi-circle of men built like linebackers, eye-level and ams-reach of the crotch of Fall Out Boy's bassist. It was really dark and no words were spoken, but there was lots of screaming.
Cool bukake story bro

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker
Since we're telling stories; I used to work as a valet at Cherokee Town Club. I'm guessing Tech gave HCs free or a expedited membership process because CPJ, CBG, and the women's BB coach at the time (can't remember her name) were all members. Well my first month at the job, I'm buried in my phone at the valet office, I look up, and CPJ is standing right there. I immediately go into fan girl mode and just start gushing about how big of a fan I am. Finally, my coworker says, "Well are you gonna grab his ticket?" I grab it and proceed to throw it away before I could see where his car was parked. Thankfully, my coworker remembered parking his car and told me where it was. Easily one of my more embarrassing moments, and my coworkers never let me live it down. CPJ was real cool about it. He would come into the club periodically and was always a super nice guy.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
Since we're telling stories; I used to work as a valet at Cherokee Town Club. I'm guessing Tech gave HCs free or a expedited membership process because CPJ, CBG, and the women's BB coach at the time (can't remember her name) were all members. Well my first month at the job, I'm buried in my phone at the valet office, I look up, and CPJ is standing right there. I immediately go into fan girl mode and just start gushing about how big of a fan I am. Finally, my coworker says, "Well are you gonna grab his ticket?" I grab it and proceed to throw it away before I could see where his car was parked. Thankfully, my coworker remembered parking his car and told me where it was. Easily one of my more embarrassing moments, and my coworkers never let me live it down. CPJ was real cool about it. He would come into the club periodically and was always a super nice guy.
When I was in school I waited tables at a small expensive French restaurant on Collier Rd. One night I got to wait on Bill Curry and his family. They were celebrating his daughter's birthday.

CSB.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I sat next to Nick Saban on a flight. It was right after we hired CBK and the only thing I said was "Thanks for Brent Key." and he said "You got a good one, there." CSB

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I sat next to Nick Saban on a flight. It was right after we hired CBK and the only thing I said was "Thanks for Brent Key." and he said "You got a good one, there." CSB
giphy (9).gif

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Fo real fo real? Are you cereal?

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
“We may not make a university student out of him, but if we can teach him to read and write, maybe he can work at the post office rather than as a garbageman when he gets through with his athletic career.”
UGA defense attorney Hale Almand

Buzz'n

Flats Noob
Nick Saban flies coach?

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
I was behind Christian Laettner at the QT on Spring Road near Cumberland Mall once. I didn't say anything
Post Hugo, I met Laettner at a driving range one night in NMB. Seemed nice enough at the time,Dude could flat out hit a golfball.

Last edited:

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Post Hugo, I met Laettner at a driving range one night in NMB. Seemed nice enough at the time,Dude could flat out hit a golfball.
The ESPN 30 for 30 will give you a new respect for Laettner and is worth a watch. Not a typical Dook rich kid. Blue collar. Hard worker. Expects to win. Terrorized Bobby Hurley.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
When I was in school I waited tables at a small expensive French restaurant on Collier Rd. One night I got to wait on Bill Curry and his family. They were celebrating his daughter's birthday.

CSB.
I was in a bar in the Cumberland area once enjoying having Monkey as a bartender when Neal Boortz asked me where he could get a good hot dog.

There should be double entendre all over the above sentence but no, it happened as read.

TechRush

Dodd-Like
The ESPN 30 for 30 will give you a new respect for Laettner and is worth a watch. Not a typical Dook rich kid. Blue collar. Hard worker. Expects to win. Terrorized Bobby Hurley.
I'm a fan of anyone who terrorized Hurley. I liked the times he would inbound the ball to Hurley by making him go get the ball. That is some passive aggressive artistry.