Gibbs Entering NFL Draft

The Lions have their between the tackles guy already in David Montgomery.

I expect the RB rotation will be similar to last year when Swift was the space guy (when he wasn't injured) and Williams was the between the tackles guy.
If David Montgomery was such a scary between the tackles guy, Jamal Williams wouldn't have had 17 TDs last year. And the Lions lost him to NO.

The Lions are the bell of the ball for all the talking heads. I expect a huge step back. And at the end of the season I expect pretty much everyone to rag on the Lions picking Gibbs. And I'm expecting to enjoy the hell out of that.

I guess we'll see.

If David Montgomery was such a scary between the tackles guy, Jamal Williams wouldn't have had 17 TDs last year. And the Lions lost him to NO.

The Lions are the bell of the ball for all the talking heads. I expect a huge step back. And at the end of the season I expect pretty much everyone to rag on the Lions picking Gibbs. And I'm expecting to enjoy the hell out of that.

I guess we'll see.

What? What do Montgomery's abilities have to do with Williams' output? Montgomery played for the Bears last year.

I guess we'll see.

I think Gibbs will do fine, if the Lions use him correctly. He’s got hands and will make a good option for a hot read. He will make a great back in a pass first offense.

Gibbs also adds value as a return man.

I just don’t like him as a Rd 1 pick.

I think Gibbs will do fine, if the Lions use him correctly. He’s got hands and will make a good option for a hot read. He will make a great back in a pass first offense.

Gibbs also adds value as a return man.

I just don’t like him as a Rd 1 pick.
Gibbs is lucky he didn't attend an HBCU or he wouldn't have been drafted until the 87th round. Ain't that right, Prime?

II just don’t like him as a Rd 1 pick.

Totally valid, and I'm not going to go out and say that this was necessarily a slam dunk pick. There aren't many of those. However, I keep hearing rumors that multiple teams were looking hard a Gibbs in the first round, particularly the Jets at number 15(?). It sounds like Gibbs would have gone in the first round, and likely the top 20 even if the Lions hadn't drafted him.

Totally valid, and I'm not going to go out and say that this was necessarily a slam dunk pick. There aren't many of those. However, I keep hearing rumors that multiple teams were looking hard a Gibbs in the first round, particularly the Jets at number 15(?). It sounds like Gibbs would have gone in the first round, and likely the top 20 even if the Lions hadn't drafted him.

That’s crazy for a RB. I guess we’ll know in two years.

Something doesn’t work in the NFL until it does. No one likes to go out on a limb because job security is non existent. I think Gibbs will do very well in the NFL. I think the Lions coaching staff and philosophy will be good for him.

Monty is a great back. So is Gibbs… this thread just got derailed because an idiot is misreading the Lions drafting Gibbs as Gibbs is trash when the reality is Lions drafted Gibbs when they need pieces elsewhere. Might be worth understanding how the NFL works before being a miserable POS about yet another topic you don’t understand.

Back