Gibbs gone

Makes you wonder...

Anyone: "Message for the fans?"
CGC: "No, just for players and I ain't saying it here."

Players: "What's the word coach?"
CGC: "Nothing, I'm only talking to the fans."

With all 3 of our star running backs gone, I do not see us winning 3 games. The dark ages are upon us.

This is bigger than Collins (who does need to fired regardless).

Georgia Tech fans, UVA fans, Ole Miss fans, Miss St. fans l, SC fans and fans of every single FBS football program that is not a perennial top 20 football factory are going to be disappointed year, after year, after year because of this transfer portal.

The smaller programs like Georgia Tech will repeatedly watch their best players get swiped away by bigger, better football programs. Just like bigger better football programs swipe away the best coaches.

The cat is out of the bag. It is no longer an amateur sport. You might as well be watching the NFL.
It has absolutely, zero, nothing to do with college anymore. It is a profession. Period.

It’s very sad. I thought he would stick it out. It must be even more embarrassing and painful for them than we can tell. Which is a little surprising given how much of a rah rah coach Collins is. The transfer portal…NIL…college football is truly dead. I’m probably done with it.
Here’s the good news you’ve almost reached rock bottom then there is no way but up. I didn’t know this transition would be this hard but I definitely agree with you guys now. Collins may be able to do something good on the football field but he’s definitely in over his head leading this program through a major transformation. So I would say hang in there, there are better days ahead even though it doesn’t feel like it.

I hate we lost Gibbs, he got tired of being on the sidelines when he knew he could make plays better than what was being shown on the field. And , what coach would let his " show case " running back return kickoffs and risk getting hurt. Also throw in that he played behind one of the worst OL there could be!!

This is bigger than Collins (who does need to fired regardless).

Georgia Tech fans, UVA fans, Ole Miss fans, Miss St. fans l, SC fans and fans of every single FBS football program that is not a perennial top 20 football factory are going to be disappointed year, after year, after year because of this transfer portal.

The smaller programs like Georgia Tech will repeatedly watch their best players get swiped away by bigger, better football programs. Just like bigger better football programs swipe away the best coaches.

The cat is out of the bag. It is no longer an amateur sport. You might as well be watching the NFL.
It has absolutely, zero, nothing to do with college anymore. It is a profession. Period.
You guys know who said these exact same words and gave this exact same warning a year before the transfer portal was put in place but was being discussed……your most hated enemy, Kirby Smart. He felt this was terrible for college football for many of the same reasons you mention.

Holy hell. So many whiny little babies in one thread. This may be a new record.

Crying Baby GIF - Crying Baby Cute - Discover & Share GIFs in 2021 | Baby  crying, Baby gif, Crying

Here’s the good news you’ve almost reached rock bottom then there is no way but up. I didn’t know this transition would be this hard but I definitely agree with you guys now. Collins may be able to do something good on the football field but he’s definitely in over his head leading this program through a major transformation. So I would say hang in there, there are better days ahead even though it doesn’t feel like it.
College football is a game for big state schools with huge alumni and regional appeal. My brother met someone from Atlanta and told her I went to a Georgia Tech her response was “rich white bastard.” We can’t succeed in the big money environment without local support and we get close to none. It was a different environment before the big TV contracts and so much college football everywhere. Supporting the close local team to take in some action was easier then than now.

Todd can't pull the plug. Big money won't back that move. The only move right now is send him packing as well.
Yeah they will. Just need a little more big money to finish securing the buyout.

Back