Gibbs gone

TStan and the money guys had better think fast. This isn't looking good.
1638213380403.gif

Well, that sucks. I thought he would stay one year, then head to the nfl.

I guess it is Smith and Griffin next year.

It may be time to burn the house down and start from scratch. I don't see how Collins and whatever staff he assembles are anything other than lame ducks for the next year or so. The cost to weather that storm will be greater than it would be to admit defeat now and start rebuilding goodwill with the fanbase.

I think if we examine Gibbs’ recruitment, then you realize he didn’t want to really come here in the first place. He blew up his senior year and missed out on a true shot at the factories. He kept taking visits up to the last minute holding out for better landing spot.

After his two years here, he’ll be able to go pretty much anywhere. He can get his wish finally.

I wonder how much this will affect Sims decision?

SIms should stay because playing time at another P5 school would not be certainty for him. He could royally screw up by leaving. An RB or WR is going to get playing time even if he isn't the starter, not so much the QB.

It’s very sad. I thought he would stick it out. It must be even more embarrassing and painful for them than we can tell. Which is a little surprising given how much of a rah rah coach Collins is. The transfer portal…NIL…college football is truly dead. I’m probably done with it.

You only get a few years to experience the uniqueness of CFB as a player. Gibbs finished this season by playing in front of less than 20k GT fans and then 55k U[sic]GA fans in a home rivalry game, on senior day. That has to be brutal for anyone who knows he can play at programs with good fan support.

I think if we examine Gibbs’ recruitment, then you realize he didn’t want to really come here in the first place. He blew up his senior year and missed out on a true shot at the factories. He kept taking visits up to the last minute holding out for better landing spot.

After his two years here, he’ll be able to go pretty much anywhere. He can get his wish finally.
Actually he could've gone to UF, OSU, Bama, or LSU if he had wanted to out of HS. He was a take for all of them. He fell for the snake oil too.

This is why the changes in college football are going to destroy the game as we know it. There will end up being 15-20 megateams and nobody else will be able to compete.

We wouldn't have guys jumping ship had we won 6-8 games, and they will likely not end up with at a top 5 or even top 10 team. This is what being a 3 win team for 3 years caused. This is what showing ourself to be completely inept in game day coaching caused.

Back