Gibbs gone

Seriously, you are still wondering if he is hurt?

Yeah? I don’t want to think he’s a quitter (although maybe his mind was elsewhere on that opening kickoff…). It’s kind of unprecedented for me to hear of a player pulling himself out of a game, but I wonder if anybody ever saw confirmation that he was dinged when he left. Did Collins pull him because he loves him so much and wants him to succeed at Auburn or something? I don’t even know what to believe.

JRjr

Why? I would head somewhere close so all the GT ffans could watch me, like someone on our schedule next year maybe. Or UT or AUB, I think he chose us to begin with to say local so his parents could watch him, it would make sense for him to still stay local.
At this point you have to think who has great OLines and can help you get to the NFL.

His speed vs slow B1G Ten defenses, he'd look like another Rocket Ismael or Desmond Howard on kick returns.

I'd head to a place better than friggin' Tennessee.

I have to wonder does Sims start to sniff around, even though he has less leverage than Gibbs?

The running backs coach lost his two best players in a single day. Your ignoring that makes no sense.

He was the lead recruiter getting him here, and I think it's clear that he has developed his position better than others, and I don't think anyone would question his love for the program... so what's your point?

You only get a few years to experience the uniqueness of CFB as a player. Gibbs finished this season by playing in front of less than 20k GT fans and then 55k U[sic]GA fans in a home rivalry game, on senior day. That has to be brutal for anyone who knows he can play at programs with good fan support.
I get it to some extent. It would be nice to have a base of 30-40k GT football fans who come to every game and are rowdy. But at the same time one would hope when these players who we need to win commit to GT, they are actually committed to GT and not just themselves getting to the NFL. I don’t think it’s the fans fault they choose not to watch the worst product of football I’ve ever seen at the collegiate level. I’m not exaggerating either.

i guess what I’m saying is: I’m disappointed in Gibbs’ decision. I understand his desire to play in a different environment. I wish he enjoyed GT as much as I did despite its obvious differences to the expected college experience for 18 year olds in 2021. I don’t blame the fans for creating the lackluster environment he has experienced. I blame the terrible coach who never admitted mistakes. Never grew up. Never sought help to improve beyond hiring a grad assistant to help him with timeouts.

This is why the changes in college football are going to destroy the game as we know it. There will end up being 15-20 megateams and nobody else will be able to compete.

Pretty much this….

I think if we examine Gibbs’ recruitment, then you realize he didn’t want to really come here in the first place. He blew up his senior year and missed out on a true shot at the factories. He kept taking visits up to the last minute holding out for better landing spot.

After his two years here, he’ll be able to go pretty much anywhere. He can get his wish finally.
He could've easily signed with Ohio State.

There was a camera angle of Pnaude calling a play in with Gibbs in the background, looking frustrated that he wasn't getting in the game. Based on CGC's post-game, he was too banged up to come back. Not sure if it was a coach's decision to hold him out, or medicals's decision, or his decision, but it didn't seem to be his based on that shot. Pure speculation by me either way.

He had 2 carries and 1 reception and 1 kick return for a sum total of 3 yards. I have a hard time buying the 'too banged up' argument.

Why? I would head somewhere close so all the GT ffans could watch me, like someone on our schedule next year maybe. Or UT or AUB, I think he chose us to begin with to say local so his parents could watch him, it would make sense for him to still stay local.
All B1G Ten games are televised everywhere, I get B1G Ten games easier than I get our Games

I look forward to watching Gibbs for the next decade. If I were him I would have pulled a Sims after NIU.

At this point you have to think who has great OLines and can help you get to the NFL.

His speed vs slow B1G Ten defenses, he'd look like another Rocket Ismael or Desmond Howard on kick returns.

I have to wonder does Sims start to sniff around, even though he has less leverage than Gibbs?

Geez, it seems like only yesterday you and RW92 were telling me that wasn't how the NFL draft worked.

Even the few kids currently getting big contracts will see that money dry up. There’s no return in it.
The high school stars will ALWAYS over value their position as replaceable pieces in the giant machine that is college football. Their market value is not nearly what they think it is.

I think tennese is a big move they always get national attention plus their best RB is gone.

I'm tired of people lamenting red herrings like transfer portals and NIL and gaslighting themselves into believing this is a Georgia Tech problem and not a complete gross incompetent mismanagement problem

Who the hell does the RB coach report to? Who is responsible for this flaming bag of crap?
Your lack of logic makes you a clown. By your standards we have to fire the head coach and the position coach.

SIms should stay because playing time at another P5 school would not be certainty for him. He could royally screw up by leaving. An RB or WR is going to get playing time even if he isn't the starter, not so much the QB.
Maybe when Sims gets behind a better OLine he could shine & beat out those backups at whatever Program he transfers to?

Once again, very Few around here want to place the blame where it should be, the crappy OL Coach that is secure in his Job

Maybe when Sims gets behind a better OLine he could shine & beat out those backups at whatever Program he transfers to?

Once again, very Few around here want to place the blame where it should be, the crappy OL Coach that is secure in his Job
well.. why is he secure in his job?

Back