Gibbs gone

If the program should have sold out to keep one guy, this was the guy. GC's far and away most convincing sales pitch thus far has been "I got Gibbs."

Now it's definitely "firing me would be painful". Woof.

You only get a few years to experience the uniqueness of CFB as a player. Gibbs finished this season by playing in front of less than 20k GT fans and then 55k U[sic]GA fans in a home rivalry game, on senior day. That has to be brutal for anyone who knows he can play at programs with good fan support.

He also quit in the middle of the rivalry game; so whatever he thinks of fans I don't really care.

We still don't really know how NIL plays any factor in this. Maybe another place made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Cash rules the world.

We wouldn't have guys jumping ship had we won 6-8 games, and they will likely not end up with at a top 5 or even top 10 team. This is what being a 3 win team for 3 years caused. This is what showing ourself to be completely inept in game day coaching caused.
I guess Jahmyr couldn’t see it either.

FFYhy8UWQBAK80_.jpeg

Absolutely zero surprise. Wouldn’t be surprised if this is just the first of many - Sims probably next.

Yeah, that is strange. Was he hurt or just done since there was no point in continuing?

JRjr

There was a camera angle of Pnaude calling a play in with Gibbs in the background, looking frustrated that he wasn't getting in the game. Based on CGC's post-game, he was too banged up to come back. Not sure if it was a coach's decision to hold him out, or medicals's decision, or his decision, but it didn't seem to be his based on that shot. Pure speculation by me either way.

Back