Gibbs gone

Maybe when Sims gets behind a better OLine he could shine & beat out those backups at whatever Program he transfers to?

Once again, very Few around here want to place the blame where it should be, the crappy OL Coach that is secure in his Job

That crappy OL coach needed to get Pnope fired so he could move up to OC. Looks like possibly mission accomplished. Maybe the OL vastly improves next year since he will need it to keep his job.

He had 2 carries and 1 reception and 1 kick return for a sum total of 3 yards. I have a hard time buying the 'too banged up' argument.
He got hurt on that opening kickoff when he had to field the ball he thought was going into the endzone. He tried to continue but it wasn't working and the staff took his helmet from him and shut him down.

James Madison University would love to have another one of our quarterbacks.
Only azzhole GT Fans think that, there's a damn good reason a National TV Announcer mentioned those 2 players specifically as potential Portal guys, that's because they are plugged into who other Coaches see as high upside guys, Sims' name wouldn't have been mentioned on Natl TV , if all he had was James Madison Talent.

And we wonder why Academic Qualifiers in State shun GT FB, look no further than azzhole Fans like you!

That crappy OL coach needed to get Pnope fired so he could move up to OC. Looks like possibly mission accomplished. Maybe the OL vastly improves next year since he will need it to keep his job.
This would not surprise me in the least. The OL incompetence was so bad that it looked intentional at times.

I assume this is like Vad seeing the writing on the wall that he had been passed by JT5. Orange bowl inbound behind our new dynamic RB.

It could happen.

It could.
Vad Lee was surpassed because he didn’t buy into the system like JT5 did. His post transfer interview revealed that. He could’ve been very very good for us. Chose not to be.

Sufficeth to say I don’t think that’s what we have here.

Gibbs likely to transfer to a place that features and needs a running back. With Florida getting Napier that's a possibility. This is nauseating, but Clemson could grab him since it is close to home. The possibilities are endless. Collins better padlock the door, the portal will turn into a stampede. After the first season when we lost to The Citadel, there should have been a massive reset on his rebuild, instead he did nothing. Gibbs was the centerpiece of Collins claim he could recruit, and I give him credit, he got him here. Now, that centerpiece is gone. The AD needs to stop the bleeding, this needs to be merciful put to an end, even for Collins sake. Say, hey we gave it a shot let's move on.

He also quit in the middle of the rivalry game; so whatever he thinks of fans I don't really care.
He quit indeed. Let's hope we can keep Jamious. However, this is a HUGE negative for recruits.

I get it to some extent. It would be nice to have a base of 30-40k GT football fans who come to every game and are rowdy. But at the same time one would hope when these players who we need to win commit to GT, they are actually committed to GT and not just themselves getting to the NFL. I don’t think it’s the fans fault they choose not to watch the worst product of football I’ve ever seen at the collegiate level. I’m not exaggerating either.

i guess what I’m saying is: I’m disappointed in Gibbs’ decision. I understand his desire to play in a different environment. I wish he enjoyed GT as much as I did despite its obvious differences to the expected college experience for 18 year olds in 2021. I don’t blame the fans for creating the lackluster environment he has experienced. I blame the terrible coach who never admitted mistakes. Never grew up. Never sought help to improve beyond hiring a grad assistant to help him with timeouts.

If fans who have been committed to GT for decades are saying that this is the worst product of football they've ever seen and giving up their season tickets to get their Saturdays back, it's not surprising that a player is basically doing the same.

Especially given that those fans can just watch on TV secure in the knowledge that they can "flip the switch" and start attending game again when things get better, whereas Gibbs has only one year left in his life to play college football.

I'm disappointed in the all the factors (mostly coaching related) that led up to his decision. But I'm not disappointed in him for making the decision. It's a decision that makes sense, and one that most Tech fans themselves would make if the color of the stadium this past weekend is any indication.

You only get a few years to experience the uniqueness of CFB as a player. Gibbs finished this season by playing in front of less than 20k GT fans and then 55k U[sic]GA fans in a home rivalry game, on senior day. That has to be brutal for anyone who knows he can play at programs with good fan support.
You're thinking too much, our OLine that is coming back is crap and he knows it cause he has seen them up close, he's looking to play behind better OLs that can help him get to the NFL.

All the excuses for the young OLs have bern exposed by his decision to transfer, if he saw a young Shaq Mason or Andrew Gardner coming back on the OLine, then no way in hell does he transfer.

Players know talent when they see it!

#72, #60 and all the other young OLs are hot stinking garbage in Gibbs' opinion, that's what his transfer means in simplest terms.

Only azzhole GT Fans think that, there's a damn good reason a National TV Announcer mentioned those 2 players specifically as potential Portal guys, that's because they are plugged into who other Coaches see as high upside guys, Sims' name wouldn't have been mentioned on Natl TV , if all he had was James Madison Talent.

And we wonder why Academic Qualifiers in State shun GT FB, look no further than azzhole Fans like you!

GT will seem like paradise to him if he actually lands a spot at a factory school (which I'd be surprised if he could based on his performance) and then continues turning the ball over 3 to 5 times a game consistently. I hope he has good comprehensive insurance coverage on his car.

Your lack of logic makes you a clown. By your standards we have to fire the head coach and the position coach.
How about fire everyone and start from scratch? By your logic you'd keep Collins and fire Choice

And in the process he loses Gibbs, also no way should CGC allow CBK to fail upwards, that would destroy what little morale is left in the GT FB Program

Fire them both.
What is actually the logical, objective measure being used to keep him? To turn the ship around, you needed top flight coordinators. The allure to type flight coordinators was electric offensive centerpieces in Gibbs and Sims. One is gone. The other is on deck.

Keeping Geoff over $10M-ish today is lunacy at this point.

Back