Gnonkonde gone

I want to keep Kallon but I'm not going to watch his twitter and get gray hairs over whatever is going through his mind at that given second.

less than two weeks left.... if he leaves Tech then it wasn't meant to be.

Go look at his tweets man. How many Notre Dame retweets and negative tweets about Tech does it take?

He even combined the two:
377805_10150661377129619_661404618_11981550_108979496_n_normal.jpg

milankraljevic Milan Kraljevic by Dat_Franchize

@Dat_Franchize Junior got a raw deal man. I feel for him. Tell him to keep his head up. Theres bigger things instore for him. #NDNation.

I want you to take this in the best way possible:

You're a loser for stalking recruits twitter pages.

Look at the bright side, he isn't the 40 year old from indiana that's actually tweeting francis. But then again, what else is there to do in Indiana?

I can't argue with that, but it's beside the point. The point is Kallon's commitment is questionable.

That's some random ND guy tweeting on his page, but good try though.
Maybe I don't understand how Twitter works--I've never used it. Wouldn't Kallon have had to intentionally retweet that for it to show up on his page?

In any case, the upset tweets about Gnonkonde are definitely his own.

The key in all of this is when Tech received his test scores. I really doubt we had his test scores 5-6 months ago; it doesn't make sense for him OR us to keep him on the hook for so long.

My (purely speculative) guess is he or his coach drug his feet on getting test scores to Tech because he knew they were low but figured with his decent GPA we wouldn't cut him loose this close to signing day.

This attitude seems fairly evident from his coach with the "Now are Georgia Tech’s standards a little higher? I don’t know. I just know he’s qualified to play Div. I football.” and "we all know academic rocket scientists aren’t signing football scholarships at every D1 school in the country." quotes. Do you guys really think Tech didn't inform his coach that our standards are higher than NCAA minimum?

The bottom line is we don't know that Tech treated the kid poorly because we don't (and unfortunately never will) know the true timeline of events.

Insiders on other sites say he took the test multiple times. Looking at the college board website, the last time he could have taken it was December 3rd, and results by Dec 20. It's also offered in Jan., March, May, June, October, November. Maybe the coach told him not to worry about it, and who knows the truth, but I don't understand why we treated the kid like he had a commitable offer when according to his scores, he was nowhere close.

Insiders on other sites say he took the test multiple times. Looking at the college board website, the last time he could have taken it was December 3rd, and results by Dec 20. It's also offered in Jan., March, May, June, October, November. Maybe the coach told him not to worry about it, and who knows the truth, but I don't understand why we treated the kid like he had a commitable offer when according to his scores, he was nowhere close.

As mentioned before, it's possible that he may not have taken the SAT when we offered it to him, but it wasn't considered an issue because he had a 3.4 (IIRC) GPA at that time. He was our first commit, so I doubt he had already taken the ACT/SAT at that time.

As mentioned before, it's possible that he may not have taken the SAT when we offered it to him, but it wasn't considered an issue because he had a 3.4 (IIRC) GPA at that time. He was our first commit, so I doubt he had already taken the ACT/SAT at that time.

I understand all of that. My only point is the staff knew about these low scores well before last week. He took the test multiple times between Feb. and Dec. At some point, someone needed to come to grips with the fact that his scores weren't going to cut it before last week.

Looking at the college board site, SAT results are available online for the student three weeks after taking the test, and the results are mailed to requested schools five weeks after. This was most likely a long time coming. The coach is an idiot. It doesn't matter if he went ahead and just signed him up for the SAT again. The scores won't come in time for NSD. Dec 3 was their last opportunity. It sucks, but he's an ass for dragging our name through the mud for him playing with fire and thinking we wouldn't revoke the schollie.

Nice vocab.

I do not care if you accept it. FACTS ARE STUBBORN THINGS....and many people have trouble with FACTS.

if you knew his SAT score you may think differently.

You know the facts as told you via the football program's version of Baghdad Bob. :rolleyes:

We knew when we accepted this kid's commitment he didn't have the test scores. We told this kid after he committed to us he'd have to shut down the recruiting process on his end. We get to 10 or so days before NSD and yank his 'ship. That's FUBAR.

I understand all of that. My only point is the staff knew about these low scores well before last week. He took the test multiple times between Feb. and Dec. At some point, someone needed to come to grips with the fact that his scores weren't going to cut it before last week.

Exactly. Gnonkonde's coach/legal guardian should have come to grips with it.

Gnonkonde's coach said it himself that he told GT coaches that things were ok all the way up until 2 days ago. I mean the GT coaches/hill can only do so much when all the coach says is things are OK without giving an idea of where his scores were.

The coach/legal guardian screwed up by not being completely honest and not being clear on where things were.

Looking at the college board site, SAT results are available online for the student three weeks after taking the test, and the results are mailed to requested schools five weeks after. This was most likely a long time coming. The coach is an idiot. It doesn't matter if he went ahead and just signed him up for the SAT again. The scores won't come in time for NSD. Dec 3 was their last opportunity. It sucks, but he's an ass for dragging our name through the mud for him playing with fire and thinking we wouldn't revoke the schollie.

100% this.

And Michael Carvell and the AJC are a bunch of morons for posting the story only on the coaches behalf who is obvoiusly not going to be objective without getting GT's side to present a fair story first.

What a cluster----.

100% this.

And Michael Carvell and the AJC are a bunch of morons for posting the story only on the coaches behalf who is obvoiusly not going to be objective without getting GT's side to present a fair story first.

What a cluster----.

I don't think legally the Tech side can be discussed.

100% this.

What a cluster----.

Maybe because it's an NCAA violation for GT to present it's side of the story on a specific unsigned recruit???

I'm more sympathetic to the coach than I am to the AJC. That H.S. coach was also Junior's legal guardian. Junior was our first and one of our most outspoken, supportive recruits. You know Junior's has to be devastated. I imagine that he took the news like a gut punch. The guardian/coach has to through it all with him.

His answers to the questions clearly come from a raw, emotional, and confused place. There is absolutely no reason why that interview should've been published in the way it was. The AJC should have found some way to balance it out with the experience of others and some statement of GT's policy.

Back