Gnonkonde gone

And for those who preach that he wouldn't have made it through Tech, I beg to differ. Like any fraternity, athletes (and others who have a strong interest in the program) tend to take care of their own.

Last edited:
And for those who preach that he wouldn't have made it through Tech, I beg to differ. Like any of fraternity, athletes (and others who have a strong interest in the program) tend to take care of their own.

Yep.

Also, the kid had a ---- 3.2 GPA. This is absurd and I am blaming all of this on our Yankee President Peterson....in charge of "THE HILL".

Fire Peterson. Now.

Yep.

Also, the kid had a ---- 3.2 GPA. This is absurd and I am blaming all of this on our Yankee President Peterson....in charge of "THE HILL".

Fire Peterson. Now.

No. Peterson is great for GT. Peterson is heavily invested in the athletics at Tech. Just look at the facilities upgrades since he been here from the weight room to new BB arena. Not don't let this one incident cloud your judgement

No. Peterson is great for GT. Peterson is heavily invested in the athletics at Tech. Just look at the facilities upgrades since he been here from the weight room to new BB arena. Not don't let this one incident cloud your judgement
I would imagine he actually loves athletics considering he was a walk-on that was awarded a scholarship at Kansas State.

I'm really disappointed in the AJC, given the plausibility of redtech's account. That article completely smears CPJ.

Francis Kallon is upset by this

I still think the signs do not look good for him keeping his commitment.

So spill it. This is stingtalk, no rules here. What'd he get?
No. FERPA! I question whether we should know his test scores were the problem at all.

If this information is accurate, I don't think he could survive Tech’s academics. I graduated in 1974 and I never met a student with less than an 800 SAT. I hear Tech is much harder today. Maybe we did, but someone should have told that young man immediately after his SAT was known that he didn’t a chance in hell of getting accepted.

You don't get your scores immediately after the SAT...

It's not just about the GT football team. Gnonkonde could have gotten into a good ACC/SEC school - SC, GA, Auburn maybe FSU. He and his guardian did not try to solicit interest from other programs because they thought he was secure here. Come off your high horse for a bit and see it from the kid's perspective.

I don't think people have as much of a problem with pulling the scholarship as the timing. We preach to these kids the meaning of commitment, then pull his offer less than two weeks before signing day?!? It's obvious from your posts, hiveredtech, that his score was nowhere close to where it needed to be for him to get in so why didn't we cut him loose 5-6 months ago. This kid has been committed since 2/18!!! No one is saying that this kid is going to be an All-American or that losing him is detrimental to this class. But for a program that has tried to always tried to do it the "right way", this screams of hypocrisy. That is why so many of us are pissed. We didn't do right by the kid, that's what sucks.

The key in all of this is when Tech received his test scores. I really doubt we had his test scores 5-6 months ago; it doesn't make sense for him OR us to keep him on the hook for so long.

My (purely speculative) guess is he or his coach drug his feet on getting test scores to Tech because he knew they were low but figured with his decent GPA we wouldn't cut him loose this close to signing day.

This attitude seems fairly evident from his coach with the "Now are Georgia Tech’s standards a little higher? I don’t know. I just know he’s qualified to play Div. I football.” and "we all know academic rocket scientists aren’t signing football scholarships at every D1 school in the country." quotes. Do you guys really think Tech didn't inform his coach that our standards are higher than NCAA minimum?

The bottom line is we don't know that Tech treated the kid poorly because we don't (and unfortunately never will) know the true timeline of events.

:rolleyes:
Go look at his tweets man. How many Notre Dame retweets and negative tweets about Tech does it take?

He even combined the two:
377805_10150661377129619_661404618_11981550_108979496_n_normal.jpg

milankraljevic Milan Kraljevic by Dat_Franchize

@Dat_Franchize Junior got a raw deal man. I feel for him. Tell him to keep his head up. Theres bigger things instore for him. #NDNation.

Francis Kallon is upset by this

I still think the signs do not look good for him keeping his commitment.

Well, hopefully, the coaches can get to him and explain the story to him, or at least that the reported story isn't the whole story. Almost all the recruits up until now have said almost the same thing about CPJ: that he's real up front and explains everything, contrasting him from those that just blow smoke.

Back