Gold Facemasks

:facepalm: Can we focus on playing well and winning instead of how we look. I love uniform stuff and how we look and all but I've said this before. Look at the best teams in the country and you don't see them doing stuff like this. They are consistent in their look and they focus on winning. They don't focus on how cool or different they look. You can be innovative without changing tradition. Not a fan of the gold face mask and the gold doesn't match. If we can establish a constant look then we wont have to keep having uniform threads.

Well it’s not like the players or coaches are sitting there designing or painting helmets and making uniforms. Unless you’re saying this distracts them from playing well I guess that’s a different argument.

I like it. Never have liked dark face masks on GT helmets. Always wanted to see a white face mask on all gold helmets.

Agree that gold would look even better on our white helmet.

Cripes sake.

Enough with this talk of face masks. They are just an extra expense.

Heisman’s players didn’t need any stinking face masks, and you can bet your butt they never got a single face mask penalty.

Cripes sake.

Enough with this talk of face masks. They are just an extra expense.

Heisman’s players didn’t need any stinking face masks, and you can bet your butt they never got a single face mask penalty.
In all seriousness, I do wonder what the injury trade off would be if we went back to less protective gear? More less-serious injuries, less more-serious injuries?

In all seriousness, I do wonder what the injury trade off would be if we went back to less protective gear? More less-serious injuries, less more-serious injuries?
Good question.....I would guess more at first and then the style of play would change. One terrible injury and everyone gets a little more cautious. I don't watch rugby but people that do tell me they don't get injured as much and generally tackle smarter and with better fundamentals.

I like it. Never have liked dark face masks on GT helmets. Always wanted to see a white face mask on all gold helmets.

Agree that gold would look even better on our white helmet.

Huh, I guess I've never really paid much attention to face mask color, because if someone had asked me, I would have said we already did wear white regularly. Had to do a quick google image search to confirm after reading your comment. I'll turn in my stingtalk card to Beestorm next time I see him.

Perhaps but does Under Armour make helmets and facemasks?

Some entities at UCLA matched the shades of Gold better than the entities that WE USE to match shades of GOLD

I gave credit to UA because they have the apparel contract

The minutae of it all does nothing to solve GT's issues with matching shades of gold

Good question.....I would guess more at first and then the style of play would change. One terrible injury and everyone gets a little more cautious. I don't watch rugby but people that do tell me they don't get injured as much and generally tackle smarter and with better fundamentals.

Correlation doesn't equal causation or something like that

Rugby doesn't have nearly as many super fast huge explosive athletes to go along with their lack of equipment

Increase Rugby paychecks, then watch as 6-4 250lbs former NFL OLB types that run 4.5s start to play Rugby with that lack of equipment

Then you see the injuries increase

Injuries in Rubgy aren't a crisis because the PAY doesn't attract the most explosive Athletes from a size-speed ratio

FB does

It has nothing to do with the equipment worn by the players

Less Athletic players, less violent collisions, less injuries

Seems like i saw a HBCU team (Alabama State?) a few years ago that had a Gold hat with White mask and it didn't look as good as I thought it would have.

The UCLA version, to me, looks quite a bit better than the picture of ours. But I dont know if ours is just a test or what.

I have never really liked our dark mask be it on a White or Gold hat.

I think our White hat - no stripes - White mask should be our standard. Or Gold witb Gold mask like ucla.

Didja ever get a good look at Sid Williams’s nose?

Football was almost banned in the early 1900's because of serious injuries and deaths

Back