GT gets B1G offer

FWIW, from what I've gathered on campus Bud has been extremely involved (almost too much so) in the AD search and is actually very invested in the health of the athletics programs moving forward. He seems to give the impression that he won't be the guy to tip the first domino, but will make whatever move is necessary to keep GT in the best possible position.

South Carolina, not UGA or Florida, would be the biggest hindrance of Clemson getting into the SEC

Question: Why doesn't Bill Donaldson have a font here?

Idea: Stingtalk goes to a premium board format. Pay for access to get Bill's recruiting and GT news in a new subforum. Does this sound like something he would do?

FWIW, from what I've gathered on campus Bud has been extremely involved (almost too much so) in the AD search and is actually very invested in the health of the athletics programs moving forward. He seems to give the impression that he won't be the guy to tip the first domino, but will make whatever move is necessary to keep GT in the best possible position.

I've heard this as well.

South Carolina, not UGA or Florida, would be the biggest hindrance of Clemson getting into the SEC

I don't know why people keep thinking the SEC will take Clemson. That doesn't make sense, financially.

The most realistic choices I can think of based off of academics and geographical location:

SEC: NCSU and VPISU
Big 12: FSU and Clemson
B1G: GT and UNC/UVA

The best possible position would be the guy tipping the first domino.

Question: Why doesn't Bill Donaldson have a font here?

Idea: Stingtalk goes to a premium board format. Pay for access to get Bill's recruiting and GT news in a new subforum. Does this sound like something he would do?

Because as soon as he says something, it gets posted here anyway?

VT news fonts reporting it now as well, while yelling very loudly about how they want to be in the SEC.

Bud micromanages everything. This is no surprise.

images

One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them; the B1G will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new Midwestern overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted message board personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground tractor caves.

images

One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them; the B1G will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new Midwestern overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted message board personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground tractor caves.

:lol:

Spot on, spot on.

As of the last 10 minutes, we are exploding in the rumor mill.

Wouldn't it be beautiful if this message board somehow got the next big realignment domino effect started? All it needs is a little push...

Back