GT gets B1G offer

Twitter is going nuts about it now.

Also, where the heck would we get $50 million?

It would probably be a structured payout where we'd apply all or a portion of our new B1G earnings as payment for the next 5 years to the ACC. Even with paying $10+ million a year to the ACC (P+I), we'd probably still come out ahead in the new conference.

Either that or we're hoping that our departure will lead to the disbandment of the ACC and then we won't owe anybody.

Terps media heads also reporting. I either owe The Dude an apology, or mad props for trollin this hard.

Rick Snider of the Washington Examiner just tweeted it. UConn media heads excited about a spot opening up in the ACC.

Thank God it's friday and all my coworkers are on vacation.

guys a year ago an associate at GT told me and i quote "GT to the big ten is not that far off an idea and it is not all that unreasonable"

again, if it happens it will not shock me

any "rumor" that states GT has been talking to the big ten is 100% accurate.

Big ten will not formerly offer in public, until GT accepts and GT will not formerly apply, until the big ten schools give GT the indication its just a formality for admittance. Its a avoidance of egg on face scenario.

If GT becomes the 15th. the push for ND as the 16th or UVA is not far off.

Serious (conspiracy theory) question:

If this is true, does anyone think that GT waited until the ACC busted itself to help us get a waiver from the NCAA? I'd imagine if the conference knew we were leaving, that it wouldn't have exerted itself to help us out.

Thoughts?

there is zero way this is true...but I'm getting excited nonetheless.

Hopefully, the server won't be overloaded and have to be switched to members only. With all of this late-breaking news of conference realignment, everyone should have access to news from such insiders as Bill Donaldson.

Twitter is going nuts about it now.

Also, where the heck would we get $50 million?

I decided to give my stippers and cocaine slush fund to the Hill....jaws dropped at the amount of dollar bills were carted into that office...

Tim_Matty247 ‏@Tim_Matty247
Clarification - Not saying #GT report is done deal. Reported out of Midwest. Worth monitoring as we know the landscape is fluid & changing.

Terps media heads also reporting. I either owe The Dude an apology, or mad props for trollin this hard.

Rick Snider of the Washington Examiner just tweeted it. UConn media heads excited about a spot opening up in the ACC.

Thank God it's friday and all my coworkers are on vacation.

Again, unless people can actually point to credible sources, it is meaningless. It doesn't how many people on twitter are talking about it. Rumors spread quick as people just retweet what was tweeted at them.

Back