GT gets B1G offer

There is one possible good outcome of this. It could show the AA and Bud that our alumni and fan support is in favor of leaving the ACC for the B1G if possible. Much like A&M did with the SEC. I think it started as a rumor, and then when A&M higher-ups saw how much grassroots support there was for the idea, they tried to make it happen.

I somehow want the ACC to implode and VT to be left here to rot.

There is one possible good outcome of this. It could show the AA and Bud that our alumni and fan support is in favor of leaving the ACC for the B1G if possible. Much like A&M did with the SEC. I think it started as a rumor, and then when A&M higher-ups saw how much grassroots support there was for the idea, they tried to make it happen.

I'm not in favor of it.

Move
6a00d8341c652b53ef015391c79429970b-800wi

I'm not in favor of it.

I didn't say the support was unanimous, but it IS there.

I don't like the changing landscape of collegiate athletics either with respect to conference alignment, but the money is entrenched too deeply to make the wholesale changes necessary to keep this type of thing from happening.

GT to the Big 10 is a bad idea. Zero regional games, and the ACC is a fine conference. Some Tech fans are just desperate and seeking out extreme solutions to mediocre football performance. These are the same type of fans that want to turn GT into an ordinary liberal arts school. Either that or they're caught up in the "ACC is collapsing" FUD.

GT to the Big 10 is a bad idea. Zero regional games, and the ACC is a fine conference. Some Tech fans are just desperate and seeking out extreme solutions to mediocre football performance. These are the same type of fans that want to turn GT into an ordinary liberal arts school. Either that or they're caught up in the "ACC is collapsing" FUD.

Agree. I do but I don't get all the ACC hate around here.

:bigcry:

That's the same West Virginia guy who claimed that Clemson was bound for the Big 12, isn't it?

Source is rotten. Let me know when there's a real source.

It's too tainted now, the chain reaction has reached critical mass.

The ACC is not in good shape and the future looks bleak

:squint:

ftfy

Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia Tech -- all good football teams historically. Most other teams aren't terrible.

Our basketball is top notch.

Academics are generally pretty good.

Back