GT Used to Matter in the CFB World: What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now we have 3 win seasons and this pile of öööö thanks to fans like you with delusion issues.

öööö off. I didn't hire this clown. PJ emptied the cupboard and made us completely unattractive to decent HCs so we got stuck with the Ringling Bros. If it's anyone's fault, it's for hiring PJ and making us irrelevant in 2008. Plus Collins' fault for being a terrible HC.

PJ didn't have a single Gameday appearance, home or road, in his entire time here. That's irrelevance.
I guess we have different definitions of ‘relevance’ in regards to GT and college football. I’d say beating UGA three times, winning the ACC TITLE and otherwise being in the hunt for the title most years, and going to the orange bowl twice is nothing to sneeze at. Granted, that’s not “football factory” status, but I’d wager there are plenty of programs around that time which would have liked to have been at least similarly competitive. I’d imagine CPJ could have been more successful had MBob been more accommodating to his requests for resources. Now we’re at the point where many of us are pessimistic about being able to find someone who could come in here and salvage the program’s legacy from this dumpster fire.

öööö off. I didn't hire this clown. PJ emptied the cupboard and made us completely unattractive to decent HCs so we got stuck with the Ringling Bros. If it's anyone's fault, it's for hiring PJ and making us irrelevant in 2008. Plus Collins' fault for being a terrible HC.
You öööö off. I didn't fire Gailey. Did not want him gone. He was not good enough for fools like you. So we got CPJ who at least took us to some championships and an actual relevant bowl game. Now we have this öööö. O'Leary did not want to put up with the bullshit either.

It all comes down to the UGA game.. you put together 2 wins in a row vs them.. then 3 of out 5, etc, and all of GA turns into fans and the respect leaches outwards

we have become a uncompetitive joke on their schedule.

It all comes down to the UGA game.. you put together 2 wins in a row vs them.. then 3 of out 5, etc, and all of GA turns into fans and the respect leaches outwards

we have become a uncompetitive joke on their schedule.
Maybe they will fire Kirby and Jim Donnan can come back.

pretending that our irrelevance started with Clown Coach is disingenuous. We went from being seen as a cute, service-academy gimmick to a being seen as a ööööshow....but we'd been irrelevant since at least 2015. As fun as 2014 was for us locally, it didn't change the national perception that we were running an antiquated service academy offense that occasionally caught lightning in a bottle. The only times we were being mentioned on the national stage was how many points we were getting as underdogs to Clemson and uga.

I'd say national irrelevance began around 2011 or so. Chan sucked but we were beating (at that point, top-ranked teams) USC & Auburn and the entire country watched Calvin Johnson crush Tiger hopes & dreams that Saturday pm and Kerry Watkins do the same back a few years prior.

Pining for the TO to return is wasted energy. Not surprised the president of the PJ Fan Club posted this tired tripe.
Eat öööö

PJ did his thing and did it well, I don't blame him for it. It's on DRad for hiring him. Everyone knew we'd have to pay the pound of flesh. It was the reason for the seven year contract. We're still paying for it.

Collins had front row seats to the disaster right from the final whistle of the 2019 opener. Did what he could the rest of the season. It's been two recruiting classes since then and the offense is DOA when our starter QB gets hurt. That's on him.

PJ did his thing and did it well, I don't blame him for it. It's on DRad for hiring him. Everyone knew we'd have to pay the pound of flesh. It was the reason for the seven year contract. We're still paying for it.

Collins had front row seats to the disaster right from the final whistle of the 2019 opener. Did what he could the rest of the season. It's been two recruiting classes since then and the offense is DOA when our starter QB gets hurt. That's on him.

We are past paying for the option. Years 1&2 were the buffer years. Especially considering we ‘tore the bandaid off’ by running an up tempo rpo scheme that relied on competent TE play.

Year 3 we should have been back to the level CGC inherited. That was roughly even in conference and floating around bowl eligibility. That is why this year sucked so bad. Three wins was way below where we should have been.

But, this was a feature of the CEO HC. We aren’t paying a huge buyout to replace the coordinators. Hopefully we show improvement next year and get to having a chance at a bowl.

We are past paying for the option. Years 1&2 were the buffer years. Especially considering we ‘tore the bandaid off’ by running an up tempo rpo scheme that relied on competent TE play.

Year 3 we should have been back to the level CGC inherited. That was roughly even in conference and floating around bowl eligibility. That is why this year sucked so bad. Three wins was way below where we should have been.

But, this was a feature of the CEO HC. We aren’t paying a huge buyout to replace the coordinators. Hopefully we show improvement next year and get to having a chance at a bowl.
I agree we should have been bowling this year. There’s zero excuse for having the worst passing defense in FBS or total scoring ineptitude on offense over multiple games just because QB1 is hurt. If you can’t score after the first game, then half of a second game, then you have to make a change and at least TRY something different

I apologize. I was wrong. This is actually the dumbest ööööing thing I’ll read on the internet this week.

"Ripping the bandaid off" wasn't the only reason for the 3 win seasons the first 2 years. A good coach could have transitioned a little more smoothly. People who think this season had anything to do with transitioning from the TO are simply in denial. This year was proof positive to any thinking person that years 1 & 2 had more issues than just simply roster flipping and transitioning. CPJ did not "leave the cupboard bare", he left it set up for another option oriented (not necessarily flexbone) team, the football geniuses made sure there were no option elements in our offense. What they did to our defense and special teams defies any explanation I can come up with (how do you ruin multiple place kickers so quickly?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back