GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

Good crowd at the rally today. Thanks to the nice woman who gave two of those cool green GT hats to my kids, they love em. Go jackets!

Tons of FSU people running around Dublin based on the live cams. Nary a Tech person was seen. I thought we sold out our allotment ?
Half of us can't be bothered to wear gold to games in our own stadium. I'll bet most Tech people packed nothing but green shirts.

So I was about to arrive at today's adventure - a trip to the National Museum of Archeology but was intercepted by Dublin's finest. A story for another day. So since I can't post any artifacts from our ancient ancestors, this will have to do.

F4202BE1-5FD4-4FCE-B564-54C0DDA7B549.jpeg
Wow, Dublin jails are nice.

For those wondering, the spray paint is kind of like a temporary tramp stamp for sheep. When the ram has paint smudged on his belly, you know from the pattern which of the sheep he banged.

Actually, it’s to identify sheep belonging to different farmers when they’re mixed together in the same field. Farmers with their own fields don’t need to paint their sheep, but farmers who share grazing areas do. The price of wool is apparently like 5 cents per Kg and it all gets shipped to China and bleached, so it doesn’t matter if the paint permanently dyes the wool or not.

Source: a woolcraft guy at the Connemara Sheep and Wool Center in Leenaun.

IMG_4584.jpeg

JRjr

Anybody know where I can buy a pullover like this? It has a pic of Buzz on the back.

IMG_1032.jpeg

We got into Dublin this afternoon after a week driving around the northwest. We took a spin from our hotel near the stadium down Grafton St. and around Temple Bar. First impression is that we’re well outnumbered by the FSU people. There are Tech people around, but many more FSU people. We’ve also heard a few locals talking about the game, generally positively.

There are some banners and balloons up around town, but not nearly to the extent that there was last time. We also saw a banner out at Kylemore Abbey yesterday. Haven’t seen any game merch on sale yet, other than one rack of shirts in the airport.

JRjr

We got into Dublin this afternoon after a week driving around the northwest. We took a spin from our hotel near the stadium down Grafton St. and around Temple Bar. First impression is that we’re well outnumbered by the FSU people. There are Tech people around, but many more FSU people. We’ve also heard a few locals talking about the game, generally positively.

There are some banners and balloons up around town, but not nearly to the extent that there was last time. We also saw a banner out at Kylemore Abbey yesterday. Haven’t seen any game merch on sale yet, other than one rack of shirts in the airport.

JRjr
Are there any street vendors selling merch? From 2016, I remember a lot of vendors selling soccer-style scarves in the days leading up to the game; I managed to pick up a white one right after the game but couldn't ever find the gold ones they had downtown earlier.

Are there any street vendors selling merch? From 2016, I remember a lot of vendors selling soccer-style scarves in the days leading up to the game; I managed to pick up a white one right after the game but couldn't ever find the gold ones they had downtown earlier.
I haven’t seen any yet, but we haven’t explored that much yet. We got in after the pep rally and just wandered around town.

JRjr

See red box lower left. Trinity College is on right 2/3 way down.

IMG_1033.jpeg

They are selling scarves and such.
We saw that guy around 6:00. He had very little GT gear remaining - some scarves a couple bucket hats. All of it was the bright yellow and navy.

We saw that guy around 6:00. He had very little GT gear remaining - some scarves a couple bucket hats. All of it was the bright yellow and navy.
We walked right by the whisky museum at around 7:30 or 8 and didn’t notice a vendor. Could have missed him in the bustle though.

JRjr

Just got into Dublin. Lots of FSU fans. But I spent most of the day around Temple Bar area. Most of the Tech pubs are supposedly by Aveva. Not sure why that is.

Massive fail for whoever made the order for the official Tech merch for the game. FSU has a nice variety of garnet shirts, sweats and pullovers. Tech - black or gray. One navy shirt choice.

Common Tech L

Actually, it’s to identify sheep belonging to different farmers when they’re mixed together in the same field. Farmers with their own fields don’t need to paint their sheep, but farmers who share grazing areas do. The price of wool is apparently like 5 cents per Kg and it all gets shipped to China and bleached, so it doesn’t matter if the paint permanently dyes the wool or not.

Source: a woolcraft guy at the Connemara Sheep and Wool Center in Leenaun.

IMG_4584.jpeg

JRjr
2, 1

Ok pirates! What sites are we cord cutters using to stream games this year?

Looks like the federalies seized Stream East.

Ok pirates! What sites are we cord cutters using to stream games this year?

Looks like the federalies seized Stream East.
Free trial subscription, or just pay for a month of the service. I'm not counting on a pirate site for this game.

Sorry limited pirate here, paying for a streaming service is just way easier especially if the game is going to actually be on ESPN.

Back