Has the CPJ era ‘Jumped The Shark?’

AB'S ran the ball 6 times for 13 yards. TaQuan ran 29 times for 143, but one was a 78 yard run. He passed 6/22...horrible. And we left him in because he might make some sort of freelance run to win a game or maybe Jeune will catch one of the double covered long bomb throws.

Not gonna lie, when Jeune came down with that 4&16 catch I thought we finally had one this year.

Little did I know it was GT maximizing my butthurt

Jumped the shark four years ago. Let's cut our losses now and fire that pompous ass.

AB'S ran the ball 6 times for 13 yards. TaQuan ran 29 times for 143, but one was a 78 yard run. He passed 6/22...horrible. And we left him in because he might make some sort of freelance run to win a game or maybe Jeune will catch one of the double covered long bomb throws.
Uh, coaching??? Play-calling?

If flunk gate had not happened early in CCG's tenure and later if Threet doesn't transfer to his "dream" (ended up Rich Rod nightmare) school of Michigan, Johnson probably is never our coach. There, I said it

Uh, coaching??? Play-calling?
Did you see any of that? Looks like our QB makes almost every carry. Our AB'S are MIA because of our QB. Searcy, Lynch, and Green should have a few huge runs each this season. Hard for that to happen without the ball

This team has no clue how to finish a game. So glad I didn’t waste my time watching the entire game. It’s becoming predictable what will happen at the end.

This is the last thing I'll say before I avoid the post-loss Stingtalk big crying and gnashing of teeth...

Paul Johnson's accomplishnents are the ceiling for this program as it currently stands. On the list of things that would make us a better, "Fire Paul Johnson", if it is even on the list, is so far down that it's basically negligible. There is not a better coach that is going to come here and build a program.

/Thread

I'm not as down on Marshall as you guys. Yes he throws wounded ducks for interceptions but he is very fast and lead the team to a go ahead TD. The defense is depressing. Given a lead, they give it right back.

This has not been the luckiest of seasons. 4 th and 10 off defender and face mask and complete, double goal post and in extra point. The TO has been shaky but while Marshall needs to learn to throw, he still offers some other things with speed and I'm not convinced the TO problems are all about him.

I really was hoping for a better defense this year - but same old story.

The special teams have been abysmal. Harvin is ok but the rest of it has cost us some games. 13 points on kickoffs at least and no returns for us. We are playing against an uneven field. We have to go 75 yards and the other teams scores points. The punt returning is bad as well.

For the past three games, we have no identity on offense. Clemson smothered us, and with good reason ( that’s the party line, right? nfl line talent, defending national champs, etc), wale made us come from behind largely on Taquon scrambling, and uva made us a passing team (inexplicably).

Special teams is officially a horrible joke, given that harvin executed the last kickoff ( not going to expound on the pitiful prior kickoffs).

No continuity or identity, and the d is under tremendous stress each game. They are screwed no matter what... the offense can’t produce a lead or protect a lead when 3 and outs are the norm.

You decide where the change from this stasrts...I have a good idea, and I don’t see it happening anytime soon
It was actually Bennett Barton, #87 that kicked off that last time, not Harvin. Your point still stands.

Taquan was the only reason we were in the game. He is making the best he can with the completely stale offense we run. The 3O has gone from being a severe recruiting liability to a game liability also. Time for some changes, but it will not happen and we will continue to drift downward.

Not sure if it's been said earlier in the thread or somewhere else but to me it seemed like Virginia was playing this game like it was their absolute last chance to make it to a bowl game. Looking ahead their schedule is Louisville, Miami, and VT, three games i doubt they have a chance to win (Louisville would be best chance at a W going forward but it's an away game so not great hope). To be honest though we also needed this one as a step one to seal the bowl deal but it just didn't seem like our team's attitude reflected that. Albeit we do have a lot of technical things to work on I know, it just seems like if we played with more emotion on our side of the ball (especially on the O) we could swing the momentum our way sometimes. We especially need that on away games when they don't have all of BDS trying to give them that drive. Idk, I'm not convinced we left it all on the field today, but I am convinced that UVA left everything they had on the field, I mean 3 reverse plays and one of them a reverse fake for this game? Not really a coincidence, more like a last ditch effort to be bowl eligible.

This team obviously plays poorly on a wet field. Field position was terrible. Lost 10 points kicking the ball off. Corners gave up big plays. Offensive line is most of the problem with the offense. They allow too much penetration and can’t pass block or pick up the blitz. Rocket toss has not worked in weeks and you can’t blame TM for that. Nobody makes plays except tm juene and benson.

There are evidently some folks on StinGTalk that still believe we can recruit and line up with teams like Alabama with nothing more than a coaching change.

So long as the leadership of our school is gonna put the restraints on us, Paul Johnson is the best we can hope for.

Back